Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your favourite psalm?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello chongjasmine, I have a number of favorites among the Psalms, but if I have to pick just one, the following Psalm is it 🙂

Praise for the LORD’S Mercies.
A Psalm of David.
Psalm 103
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
3 Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
4 Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
5 Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
6 The LORD performs righteous deeds
And judgments for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the sons of Israel.
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.
14 For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 When the wind has passed over it, it is no more,
And its place acknowledges it no longer.
17 But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To those who keep His covenant
And remember His precepts to do them.
19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
And His sovereignty rules over all.
20 Bless the LORD, you His angels,
Mighty in strength, who perform His word,
Obeying the voice of His word!
21 Bless the LORD, all you His hosts,
You who serve Him, doing His will.
22 Bless the LORD, all you works of His,
In all places of His dominion;
Bless the LORD, O my soul!

--Papa Smurf

Which is your favourite psalm?
I was interested to try and find your own favourite Psalm but I could not find this. Perhaps your choice is still open, but I recommend Psalm 8 and this Psalm matches your sentiments expressed in the following:
"Yet, from a young age, I knew there was a God. I knew because when I read about the space and all its planet, it awed me. It told me that this wonderful creation could not be by chance. (Romans 1:20-21) I believe there is a God, and that He must be a big God in order to create such a wonderful universe".

Psalm 8 A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordaineda strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben. (for this adjustment, refer JW Thirtle).

Psalm 8 praises God for the greatness of the creation of heaven and earth. David is out in the fields at night, beholding the stars. I believe it is soon after the slaying of Goliath. But then his attention goes to the New Creation in Christ. He speaks of how Jesus would be made lower than the Angels, thus created as a human, a beautiful summary of Genesis 1:26-27 the role that was at first given to Adam. This would involve his suffering, crucifixion and death, his resurrection and exaltation to sit at the right hand of God, and he will soon return to establish the Kingdom of God at Jerusalem for the 1000 years, when he sits as King/Priest on the Temple Throne.

Kind regards
Trevor

Back