Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Your takeaway from “The Parable of the Tares”

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Paul, using himself as an example, gave us a theologically perfect picture of a wheat, himself. And in his flesh, his ground, a tare. There are two separate entities in Paul's example:

2 Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Paul measures this same example to himself, here:

Romans 7:
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
You're improperly mixing up the parable of the seed with the parable of the field in the OP.

One is a parable about the plot of ground (the heart) belonging to a single person. The parable in this thread is speaking of the entirety of God's field, the sum total of his kingdom and what kind of 'stalks' are growing in it.

The problem is you're defining the ground as a single plot of ground in a man's heart.

We should know, by the fruit of honesty, that we do have "evil" in our conscience, as shown here:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

We certainly shouldn't be requesting God in Christ to bless any of this, but to be washed from it, divided from it. That doesn't mean we are "exempt" from the exercises to resist evil, shown here:

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Obviously usurping the tare would also "harm" the wheat. This shows their proximity to each others, in the same ground.
Which is all the more proof that this is not talking about the growth of weeds and fruit in a single man's heart. Because we know without a shadow of a doubt that God is all about rooting out the weeds in a man's heart here and now, not at the Judgment. It's too late to do it then. The separation of good and evil at the end of the age at the Judgment is the separating of the actual people of satan from the actual people of God.

We should know, by the fruit of honesty, that we do have "evil" in our conscience, as shown here:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

We certainly shouldn't be requesting God in Christ to bless any of this, but to be washed from it, divided from it. That doesn't mean we are "exempt" from the exercises to resist evil, shown here:

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Fine. But this is the stuff of another parable for another thread, not this one.

Which is all the more proof that this is not talking about the growth of weeds and fruit in a single man's heart.

Any believer who has "evil thoughts" should be able to pinpoint these matters. Yes, we are all engaged in active resistance to our own "evil thoughts." Our battles are not with other people. They are with the tempter, the resistor, who actively engages our minds/hearts with deceptions of every imaginable sort.

This is also why we are to "hate" ourselves and to not "love our lives", because it's not just "us" in the ground.

Luke 14:26

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

John 12:25

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

When we see the "victory" of the overcomers in Rev. here:

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Who is being spoken of in "they overcame him"?

Same chapter, vs. 9:
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Fine. But this is the stuff of another parable for another thread, not this one.

All parables are understood by the template provided for in Mark 4, specifically vs. 13.

IN that template there are 3 components. Gods Word, people and Satan. If any 3 of these are missing in anyone's dissection, they are not conforming to the template to understand "all" parables.

All parables are understood by the template provided for in Mark 4, specifically vs. 13.

IN that template there are 3 components. Gods Word, people and Satan. If any 3 of these are missing in anyone's dissection, they are not conforming to the template to understand "all" parables.
I showed you how you are so terribly wrong in confusing the parables. You will have to provide evidence against everything I pointed out that is wrong with your interpretation to support your view.

Actually, what you pound over and over again in these forums is more in line with the head of grain on a wheat stalk. The valuable grain of the believer that will be harvested is buried inside the hard outer husk. We are no less a stalk of wheat despite this outer husk of flesh that we bear now and that will be discarded at the Judgment. Unlike the tares which are altogether discarded, not harvested. See the difference? This is clearly not a parable defending your favorite doctrine about good and bad behavior and thoughts being present in the body of the believer.

Last edited:
I showed you how you are so terribly wrong in confusing the parables. You will have to refute everything I pointed out that is wrong with your interpretation to prove your point.
Showed where? What did you show?

I have no issue pinpointing that temptations and evil thoughts are of the tempter. And this, Jesus shows us all, in His Parables.

I have no issue pinpointing that temptations and evil thoughts are of the tempter. And this, Jesus shows us all, in His Parables.

Matthew 13:41-43 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Red-highlighted are tares.

So the question becomes, should we go and execute the Kenites?
Only the ones living in the soil of your heart.

When a Kenite is your evil next door neighbor, you leave him alone. God will take care of him at the Judgment.
When the Kenite is a remnant of which used to live and thrive in the soil of your heart, you slay him with no mercy.

Matthew 13:41-43 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Red-highlighted are tares.

I don't disagree with any scripture.

What I refuse to enter into is hypocrisy, thinking myself immune from evil thoughts, which is a lie of hypocrisy.

The instant any person sees that temptation is internal, and of the tempter, which are the essence of evil thoughts, they will see better, and understand the parable is true and truthful.

So, what does Satan 'do' where the Word is sown?

Mark 4:
13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Matthew 13:19
When any one heareth the word
of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Luke 8:
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Is there a person of us, who when we first picked up the Word, understood it all, Perfectly? Uh, no.

Those that "hear" will hear what is going on. And they will know this goes on personally, within. Otherwise this understanding is being actively taken away from their hearts by Satan.

If you can't see it there's no point in talking to you about it.
I'm no longer entering into detailed discussion with people who can only hear what comes out of their own mouths.
See what? People who claim they have no sin, or that their sin is not of the devil are not in Truth. 1 John 1:8, 1 John 3:8.

We are forgiven. The devil isn't. Pretty simple.

I don't disagree with any scripture.

What I refuse to enter into is hypocrisy, thinking myself immune from evil thoughts, which is a lie of hypocrisy.

No, it's not that we are immune, but the we have good soil for the word to take more root (wheat)......... and the word will not let the tares (lies) take root.

See what? People who claim they have no sin, or that their sin is not of the devil are not in Truth. 1 John 1:8, 1 John 3:8.

We are forgiven. The devil isn't. Pretty simple.
You really will have to start listening if you want to engage in any meaningful, mature discussion with me. And that goes for everybody else, too. Where in any of my posts did I mention anything about anybody claiming to have no sin? You are hearing what you want to hear--or at least expect to hear--in my posts. Stop doing that and actually read people's posts.

No, it's not that we are immune,

Indeed. I do not consider it anywhere remotely in the vicinity of truth to say we are not subject to evil thoughts and an evil conscience. This is not rocket science theology, but simple common sense.

Scripture teaches that evil thoughts defile us. Scripture also teaches us that temptations are internal and come from the tempter. Again, not rocket science.

Where in any of my posts did I mention anything about anybody claiming to have no sin?

If all are sinners and sin is of the devil, the math on this matter is pretty easy to comprehend. Though not many are fond of hearing it, granted. It is no wonder to me "why" that is, when viewing the "other party" to the equations.

Luke 8:11-12 "This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

Mark 4 shows the progression of the first party, through the last position using the term "and these" meaning the person(s) from the immediately prior statement:

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back