Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] 10...9...8...7...6...5..4...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Space Shuttle Discovery is set to launch in a bit more than three and a half hours. (Two hours and 45 minutes, with a couple of built in holds.) I am hoping and praying that the cloud cover will clear and I can watch from my home. For those who are interested, here is a link to NASA:

http://www.nasa.gov/home/index.html?skipIntro=1

When the page opens, right about in the middle is a pic of the shuttle on the launch pad. Click on "Watch NASA TV" and you can view live activities around the shuttle.

Can you see shuttle launches from your location?

scrubbed

sky11.gif
sky11.gif
sky11.gif
sky11.gif
sky11.gif

sad.gif

I was able to watch the launch from my front door step, almost two hundred miles away. What a beautiful sight! I was hoping to get some pictures to post for you, but the only thing you would be able to see is a bright orange dot in the middle of a black background.

sun_smiley.gif
spinstar.gif

globe2.gif
spinstar.gif

spinstar.gif

God speed Discovery. May the Lord use the space program for His glory.

Cool! I haven't been keeping up. What's the name of this Shuttle and what's the mission name and duration of orbit?

The Space Shuttle Discovery ~~~ It is scheduled to land in 12 days. It is on its way to the space station to do some rewiring.

Even from 200 miles away it is an awesome sight. I tried to do some cropping on the photos I took to see if it would be any more impressive. It still looks like somebody shot up a flare :-D

Gargantuas shared some photos that were taken from Ormond, which is almost 50 miles away. Here is the link to the photos that he shared:

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26699

I am not well versed on the things happening at NASA, believing that they are looking for answers to questions that God has already addressed in His word. I do love the photos that are sent back from outer-space. I am convinced that they are taking snapshots of angelic activity. There are some really cool photos of things that look like horses, that I tend to believe are the horses spoken of in Scripture. It would be so cool to match up NASA photos with Scriptures. I know that there are books on the astronomy in Scripture (not astrology, but astronomy), but they are way over my head.

Biblereader said:
I'm glad you got to see it, Gabby! I've seen one rocket fly over my house,
(kind of!), and it sure was exciting!

I don't remember hearing a sonic boom this time. If the news had not gone live to the Kennedy Space Center, I would not have realized that it was going to land.

There is usually a building rattling sonic boom on re-entry. From the time of that sonic boom here on the west coast of Florida until it lands at Kennedy, on the east coast, is about seven minutes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back