Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

10-nation coalition

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

Bob10

In France, Muslims mock their French hosts, and hold French society in utter contempt. They know the French are weak, immoral and willing to appease their potential enemies. Muslims in France also recognize how rotten and corrupt French society truly is.

They are fully aware of the French involvement in the Iraqi “Oil for Food Program,†and France’s propensity to “appease†Saddam Hussein by covertly selling billions of francs, then billions of euros worth of weapons, sophisticated communications equipment and nuclear technology.

Remember too, that France was the safe haven for Ayatollah Ruhallah Khomeini, who successfully overthrew the Shah of Iran (with President Jimmy Carter’s tacit approval).

France, so concerned with not offending her masses of unassimilated Muslims, recently sent a French Air Force transport plane to carry old Yasser Arafat to France for “medical treatment.†That France was chosen, as the country for Yasser to pass on to the “bosom of the prophet†was not coincidental. It was France’s latest attempt to wave even a bigger white flag!

As long as the Mullahs and Imams whip up their congregations with the kind of hateful rhetoric reported above, there will continue to be gangs of young Islamic thugs perpetrating violence in Europe.

This will change when the EU as we know it falters, and is reborn as a 10-nation coalition, which may well be named THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE. The union of a great dictator and his powerful religious cohort, the leader of a vast and powerful church, will solve the Muslim problem in Europe, once and for all. Unfortunately, this coming powerful coalition will spell real trouble for the entire world.

above excerpts from:

http://www.garnertedarmstrong.ws/Mark_W ... 0032.shtml

garner ted

Anyone who has followed the WWC of God knows from experience their so called prophecies have been bogus all along. The world as we know it was scheduled to end about 20 years ago according to them. None of their prophecies have been fullfilled and their is a whole lot of shady dealing with the organization in question. They will continue to claim certain events are going to happen until sooner or later they will. This is not prophecy, these are open ended claims. This is a money making venture designed to ensnare the gullible and hopefull out of any and all cash they will part with.

This is a money making venture designed to ensnare the gullible and hopefull out of any and all cash they will part with.

I received booklets from them for 30 years FOR FREE.

They are not after peoples' money.

You want to see money hungry pastors and churches-----watch the sunday morning comedy hour.

The ten nation coalition of which you speak is between the neighbors and longtime enemies of Israel. If you want a list of names check out Psa 83 or Eze 16. One would have thought that the EU fallacy would have been abandoned long ago as unworkable after thier number far exceeded ten... I mean, heck, even Van Impe had the good sense to change his tune.

Bob,

Rather than cite Garner Ted I strongly suggest you read the Bible instead. Particularly the chapters I offered earlier. This coalition of 10 is one aspect of the peace treaty that will be signed between Israel and her neighbors. This is "the covenant" spoken of repeatedly in prophecy. This is emblemized by the beast of Revelation that lets her ride on it's back for a time but will eventually burn her with fire because they hate her and always have.

Garner Ted is a debauched womanizer and attempted rapist and is not worthy of your concideration as a teacher of anything. I lived 25 miles from Ambassador college and got to watch Garner Ted's meltdown up close.

Mateo

Are you saying Israel rides the Beast?

The apostate Whore - papacy - is to ride the Beast. -- Rev. 17:2

The Papacy crowned kings and signed pacts with the european kings ----- not Israel.

Bob10 said:
Mateo

Are you saying Israel rides the Beast?

The apostate Whore - papacy - is to ride the Beast. -- Rev. 17:2

The Papacy crowned kings and signed pacts with the european kings ----- not Israel.

Bob,

Nobody and nothing is riding the beast at present. It is a prophetic picture of things to come. In particular the covenental relationship between Israel/Jerusalem and her neighbors which is to come. The terms "Apostate Whore" and "Papacy" are found nowhere in Revelation. They are the remnants of an escatological model developed many years ago to explain Revelation 17. This notion was and is erroneous though generation after generation of wouldbe escatological 'experts" has championed it. Revelation itself clearly defines who this Whore is as does all scripture. Simply do a search of the terms "whore" and "harlot" and the answer as to the identity of this "whore" will crawl right into your lap. Better yet, read Revelation:

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is THAT GREAT CITY, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Rev 11:3 ¶ And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of THE GREAT CITY, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Bob,

Where was our Lord crucified?

me too

Bob10 said:
This is a money making venture designed to ensnare the gullible and hopefull out of any and all cash they will part with.

I received booklets from them for 30 years FOR FREE.

So did I.
http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/dee/wcg.htm
http://www.herbertwarmstrong.com/pain_exposed.htm
"It also imposed unbending requirements on its members to strictly give not only a 10th or tithe of their income to the church, but more."
http://www.rickross.com/reference/wwchu ... urch3.html

Mateo,

Rev
14:8
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Most scholars don't consider Jerusalem to be the spiritual heir of Babylon.

Rome is the spiritual, apostate heir of ancient Babylon mystery religion.

Rome ruled over the kings of the Earth------not insignificant, backward, dusty Jerusalem.

YES, the two witnesses will die in Jerusalem------where our Lord was crucified, but I believe Jerusalem is not the city where the great whore sits-------with whom the kings of the Earth have committed fornication; this sounds more like the shenanigans of ROME.

Bob10 said:
Mateo,

Rev
14:8
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Most scholars don't consider Jerusalem to be the spiritual heir of Babylon.

Rome is the spiritual, apostate heir of ancient Babylon mystery religion.

Rome ruled over the kings of the Earth------not insignificant, backward, dusty Jerusalem.

YES, the two witnesses will die in Jerusalem------where our Lord was crucified, but I believe Jerusalem is not the city where the great whore sits-------with whom the kings of the Earth have committed fornication; this sounds more like the shenanigans of ROME.

No disrepect intended Bob, but, it matters not what you believe... God's word is true and not one jot or tittle of it shall fail. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you didn't follow up on my suggestion to follow the words 'harlot' and 'whore' across the Bible, did you? Intuitively knew it would point toward something you had no desire to see I suspect. That's your choice... you can't force someone to desire the truth with enough fervor to be willing to hear it though it says things we have no desire to hear.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

P.S. Notice that all your references to Rome are past tense but the prophecy you cite is future tense?

Mateo,

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is THAT GREAT CITY, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of THE GREAT CITY, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Rev 14:8

So which is "that great city" ? ------- Babylon or Jerusalem ?

Can't there be two different great cities ?

Does that term have to be tied to just one city ?

okay,

I've responded twice to this post over the last three days only to find said response gone the next day. If this one survives 24 hours I'll make a third attempt.

Mateo said:
okay,

I've responded twice to this post over the last three days only to find said response gone the next day. If this one survives 24 hours I'll make a third attempt.

?.... What are you posting? We don't just delete post for the fun of it. :-?

Bob10 said:
Mateo,

Rev 14:8

So which is "that great city" ? ------- Babylon or Jerusalem ?

Alright, let me try this one more time...

Even the youngest babe in Christ can tell you that our Lord was dispatched in Jerusalem. But, for my money, one of the more interesting points made in the verses you quoted was that Jerusalem was here referred to spiritually as being Sodom and Egypt. With this in mind the wouldbe meat eater would be well advised to review previous prophecies concerning Sodom, Egypt and Babylon. Many was the time I thought I was reading yet another prophecy about Jerusalem in the O.T. only to see one of these names pop up. I think this passage in Rev 11 goes far in explaining why. I suspect that Jerusalem is called Babylon, Egypt and Sodom for many of the same reasons she is repeatedly referred to as "whore" and "harlot"... namely, spiritual infidelity.

If you will not review the passages containing the terms listed above you only rob yourself of the knowledge offered by God to those who would have the courage to hear what He has said in favor of something some man has suggested.

I would submit this is a poor trade but it's your choice. To each his own...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back