Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] 3 prayer requests

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

There is a beautiful, special little girl named Macey King that just found out her cancerous brain tumor is back. I first found out about Macey when I signed up with St. Baldrick's to shave my head in February of 2007. Here is her info:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/kids/kid_info.html?KidID=495

I've been following her caringbridge site since last year and I feel like I know this family. They have inspired me so much through their faith and trust in Jesus Christ. I don't know how they stay so strong. I can honestly say that I don't think I could be as strong as this family. Please say a prayer for this child and her family.

Also, my 10 year old dd came running up to me today and said "Look at my stomach muscles mommy!". She pulled her shirt up halfway and when she tightened her muscles, a lump popped out above her belly button. She's never had a lump there before, so I became concerned and asked her how long she's had it. She said she noticed it about a week ago. I called the doctor and they had me bring her in. We were told it's a hernia. The doctor said to just keep an eye on it and if it gets larger or bothers her (it doesn't), then they will fix it. Well, I've now been told by many people that we should have it fixed NOW. I feel the same way because DD is extremely active and does a LOT of floor tumbling, handsprings, backflips, etc in gymnastics and she uses her stomach muscles constantly. Everything I've read says that constant straining makes hernias worse. So, we're going to get a 2nd opinion. I don't see why we should chance having it get worse when we could have it simply fixed while it's still small in size. DD is freaking out at the thought of surgery though. She's been petrified all day once she heard me mention it.

Finally, I'm having surgery next Wednesday for a problem I've had for about 5 years now. I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and ovarian cysts. The doctor thinks that I may have endometriosis though, so they're going to do laparoscopy to "see" what might be going on. It's a fairly simple procedure, but it's still surgery, so if you don't mind, please pray for my safety and also pray that they find out what's causing the pain. This pain has interfered with my life for way too long now.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for not posting much. My life has gotten ridiculously busy,but it's for the better. I do want to add that dd has been off all ADHD medication since January and she's doing AWESOME (this is my 10 year old dd that has the hernia)! We have discovered that keeping her active is the secret to her success. She's happy when she's kept busy and she's also doing great in school! Also, another praise I have is that my 8 year old dd has struggled in school and we recently found out why. The poor child has 20/80 vision! She got her glasses a little over a week ago and it made me want to cry when she put them on. She gasped and then laughed and laughed talking about how bright and clear everything was. Today she said to me "Mommy, my glasses have made me smart! I got all my work finished in school last week". She NEVER gets her work done in school, so this is HUGE!

I'll be praying for your concerns Nikki. Thanks for the updates too! The news about your dd being off medication is awesome! And, I can really relate to your 8 year old. I had my first eye examination at school, and was promptly referred to an optometrist, who promptly declared that I couldn't see a thing. I'll always remember the drive home when I got my first glasses and being astounded that one could actually see the individual leaves on the trees. Up until then, all I could see was a big green blob on top of the trunk.

Hahaha! I remember the trees too! I got my glasses at age 10 and the first thing I noticed was the leaves on the trees. I don't think we realize that we aren't seeing them right until we get glasses for the first time. My dd has been thrilled at the way things look now.

I too am thrilled about my 10 year old being off meds. She was losing weight on them and being as she's already underweight, we decided to stop them. She still has some bad days, but they aren't near as often as they used to be. She's also learning of other ways to deal with her anger...as am I. I'm still trying to learn to leave her alone when she's mad because when I try to help her or talk to her, she gets even more mad. All in all though, she's doing so good and I'm proud of her. Her grades are up and she's really trying hard to do well.

I'll also be praying for your concerns- that's wonderful that your daughter is off of her meds and that your 8 yr olds' vision has been corrected with glasses- that's wonderful!

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

It's a fairly simple procedure, but it's still surgery, so if you don't mind, please pray for my safety and also pray that they find out what's causing the pain. This pain has interfered with my life for way too long now.
Hi Nikki,

It's been a couple of days now. How did this procedure go?

Its great to hear things are going well for you. I will pray for the little girl I don't have children of my own but 13 nieces and nephews so I kind of relate to one of them and know how I would feel if it was them. Keep prasing and praying.

God bless
Julia

vic C. said:
It's a fairly simple procedure, but it's still surgery, so if you don't mind, please pray for my safety and also pray that they find out what's causing the pain. This pain has interfered with my life for way too long now.
Hi Nikki,

It's been a couple of days now. How did this procedure go?

It went well. They found a ton of endometriosis and scar tissue and they were able to laser it or remove it. They also sent off some areas to be biopsied. He said that the endometriosis and scar tissue was likely the culprit of the pain and hopefully it won't come back. I have my post op appt on the 24th. Yesterday was horrible though because the pain medication (Darvocet) made me sick and I vomited for 7 straight hours. The doctor finally had to call in suppositories to make me stop throwing up. Today, my back, sides and stomach are killing me, but I think most of the pain is from vomition so much yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

I'm so glad to hear that all went well with you & your surgery and I hope that you continue to improve & get better- real soon. God Bless you.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Hey Nikki, I hope you get to feeling well after the reaction to the pain medication and hope that the endometriosis was the culprit and you'll feel better. We miss you!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back