Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

3 reasons why God doesn't answer your prayers? Find out what he is doing wrong.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mark1980

Have you ever wondered why you don't get answers to even your deepest requests? Have you thought about what is the reason for God's silence? Do you have the feeling that God is not listening to you and your prayers seem to be in vain? In this video, we'll look deep into our hearts and minds to discover the three main reasons why our prayers sometimes go unanswered.
At the outset, it should be noted that God hears us and knows everything about us. Psalm 139 says, "You search me and you know me, Lord, you know when I sit down and when I get up. From afar you perceive my thoughts, you watch how I rest and walk, and you know all my ways. Before the word is on my tongue, You, Lord, already know it all." As we can see, God certainly hears our prayers. As the creator and omniscient, God knows every thought that passes through our mind. We can't hide anything from him. He knows what we want to ask of Him before we even say our words. When we raise our prayers, we can be sure that God hears us.
However, we must realize that while God hears our prayers, in some situations He does not always answer them. There are three main reasons why God sometimes does not answer our prayers. The first is sin. Sin creates a wall between us and God. God is perfect and holy, and sin creates an obstacle to our relationship with Him. In Isaiah chapter 59 we read: “Behold, the hand of the Lord is not so short that it cannot help, and his ear is not so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities are what have separated you from your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he does not hear." If we knowingly and voluntarily continue to live in sin, God may not answer our prayers.
Consider the example of a person who works as a restaurant owner, but in order to increase profits and attract more customers, he knowingly uses dishonest practices. It introduces false information about the ingredients and quality of the dishes served, manipulates prices and avoids paying taxes. Despite committing sins, this person turns to God asking for blessings for his business, for success and development. However, a God who teaches honesty, respect for others, and truthfulness may not answer such a prayer.
Unfair practices violate ethical values and constitute a moral breach. In such a situation, in order to regain closeness with God, the right step would be to admit the mistakes made, to repair the damage caused by a sinful act, and to take decisive action to conduct business in accordance with moral and ethical principles. In the book of Solomon's Proverbs we read: "He who turns away his ear from hearing the Law, even prayer is abhorrent to him." Further, the book of Isaiah: "When you stretch out your hands, I will turn my eyes away from you. Even if you multiply your prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood."
However, God, who is full of mercy and love, is always ready to forgive us if we speak sincerely to Him. Regardless of our transgressions and sins, His grace and forgiveness are limitless. When we come to God with humility, repentance, and a resolution to change, He comes to meet us and welcomes us with open arms. God wants us to discover His love and forgiveness and experience conversion and purification of our hearts. It is in meeting Him that we find true salvation and renewal. Regardless of our past sins, God offers us the hope of a new life and gives us the opportunity to start over if we only turn to Him with faith and a sincere desire to repent.
Therefore, if we feel that there is a wall between us and God, which may be sin, let us ask ourselves if there is any sin that we have committed, if there is something wrong in our life. And if we're not sure what it might be, let's pray and ask God the question: God, is there something wrong I've done? Please send your Holy Spirit upon me to reveal the truth to me. It is important that we humbly ask God to send us His Holy Spirit, who will enlighten our consciences and help us recognize our sins and the evil we have committed.
The action of the Holy Spirit allows us to look deeper into our hearts and acknowledge our faults. It is the knowledge of our mistakes and the awareness of our sin that leads us to true repentance and the need for forgiveness. When we turn to God for the Holy Spirit, we are asking Him to cleanse our hearts and enlighten our consciousness. We want His power and love to transform our thoughts, words and actions. This allows us to see our wrongdoing and be converted by repenting before God.
The Holy Spirit will speak to our minds, and then all we have to do is ask God for forgiveness in the sacrament of penance. The prayer for the forgiveness of sins is a prayer that God always answers because His mercy is immeasurable. In the first letter of Saint John we read: "If we confess our sins, God, being faithful and just, will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." If we want our prayers to be answered by God, it is essential that we repair our relationship with Him by confessing our sins. God, being perfect and just, wants us to be sincere and honest with Him and with ourselves. Confession of sins is an act of contrition and humility.
By realizing our mistakes and admitting them before God, we open the way to purify our soul. Confession is not only an act of making an account for our conduct, but also an expression of a desire to change and repair our relationship with God. We must have the courage to look deep into our hearts, admit our sins, and strive for conversion. The second reason why our prayer may go unanswered is when we pray against God's will. God's will is perfect and beyond our limited understanding.
We often want to carry out our own plans and make decisions according to our desires and expectations. However, God, being the source of wisdom, knows what is best for us. We cannot predict the consequences of our choices and decisions. We are limited by our human perspectives and unaware of the long-term effects of our actions. However, God, being all-knowing and all-seeing, has full understanding and knowledge of our future. His knowledge is absolute and perfect.
There are no surprises or unknowns for Him. We must trust God completely, trusting his will, which is perfect. In the Epistle of Saint James we read: "You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, seeking only to satisfy your desires." When we make our requests and desires before God, it is important that we are willing to accept His will, whether it is what we expect or not. God, being the perfect Father, knows our needs and desires better than we do. He sees the whole perspective of our lives and knows what is best for us.
Our own desires and plans are limited and we cannot consider all aspects of our well-being. Therefore, it is important that we are willing to change our desires and goals in the light of God's will. Many people have an incorrect idea of God, treating Him as their own Genie to fulfill all their selfish desires. They only pray when they want something from God, and their prayers are often directed at satisfying their own needs and desires, without considering God's will. This approach to prayer is wrong and distorts the true nature of our relationship with God.
God is not a Genie to act at our command. He is the almighty Creator who has all power and wisdom. His plans for us are perfect, but not always in line with our momentary desires. Some twist the Scriptures to suit their own desires. This is dishonest and leads to a false understanding of God's will. The Word of God is for us as a signpost that directs our way and reveals God's intentions. Trying to adapt Scripture to our own prejudices and desires is contrary to true spirituality.
In the Gospel according to Saint John, chapter fourteen, we read: "And whatever you ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." Whatever you ask of me in my name, I will do it." Many people twist this passage of the Bible completely without understanding it.

Jesus says whatever you ask in my name, the key passage is: in my name. To pray in Jesus' name means to pray according to His will. We should read the Bible in a balanced way to gain a full understanding of its content and context.

In the first letter of Saint John we read: "The trust we place in him consists in the conviction that he hears all our requests according to his will." As we can see, the bible says that if the requests we make to God are in accordance with His will, we will receive what we ask for. Jesus Christ is the perfect example of a person who always followed God's will. His total dedication to the Father and doing His will was the foundation of His life and ministry on earth. Jesus repeatedly expressed his dependence on the Father and his desire to do His will. He said, "For I have not come to do my will, but the will of him who sent me."

His total submission to God's will was so profound that before his death, he prayed: "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me! After all, not as I will, but as you will." Jesus showed us that obedience to God and doing His will bring the greatest joy and fulfillment. His life was full of love, mercy, and wisdom because he lived constantly in harmony with the Father's will.

His teachings, miracles and sacrifice on the cross were the fulfillment of God's plan of salvation for mankind. Following God's will does not mean that we are deprived of our freedom or individuality. On the contrary, it means that we live fully in accordance with our true destiny and receive God's blessing, peace and joy.

The third reason our prayer may go unanswered is praying without faith. These are: Lack of faith in God's power, lack of faith in God's will as it is perfect and best, lack of faith in His love and mercy. An extremely important element is faith - faith that God will answer us at the right time, according to His will. In the Gospel according to Saint Mark we read: "Therefore I say to you, whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted to you, just believe that you will receive it." Further, the First Epistle of Saint James: "Let him ask in faith and doubt nothing! For he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, stirred up by the wind and tossed here and there.”

God is omnipotent and unlimited in his power. When we make our requests before Him, we must believe that God is able to transcend all limits and fulfill our needs according to His wisdom and plan. In the context of faith in prayer, it is important that we believe that He forgives us our sins. Often, we feel guilty or unworthy of God's grace, but Scripture reminds us that God is merciful and willing to forgive if we sincerely ask Him. The letter of Saint John the apostle reminds us: "If we confess our sins, God, being faithful and just, will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." It is a

promise that if we bring our sins before God and sincerely confess them, He forgives us. God, who is merciful and full of love, wants us to be free from the burden of sin and feel his fatherly forgiveness. Praying with faith that God forgives us allows us to rebuild our relationship with him and grow spiritually. In the book of Isaiah we read: Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." This verse reminds us that God has the power to cleanse our sins and restore us to purity.

Regardless of our past, God is ready to grant us forgiveness and spiritual purity. Forgiveness is also an important part of our prayer and relationship with God. repeatedly stresses the necessity of forgiving others so that we ourselves can experience God's forgiveness.In the Gospel of Saint Matthew we read: "For if you forgive people their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive people, your Father will not forgive you your trespasses."

Our forgiveness reflects God's mercy and means a willingness to let go of anger and resentment.Colossians says, "Forgive one another if anyone has a complaint against someone; as the Lord has forgiven you, so forgive.” This verse reminds us that our actions should be in line with the love and forgiveness we have received from God. Our forgiveness is an expression of our faith and brings healing to both ourselves and others Proper forgiveness is not only an act of obedience to God, but also allows us to develop a deeper relationship with Him. We

must be willing to forgive others as He forgives us our sins. Forgiveness is integral to our faith and strengthens our relationship with God. In order for our prayers to be heard by God, we must take several important steps. First, we must be honest with God and confess our sins in the sacrament of penance, asking Him for forgiveness. We must not hide or downplay our mistakes, but we must recognize them, admit them then we must trust God's will and accept that He knows what is best for us

Our prayers should be based on trust and full faith in His wisdom and perfection. We won't always get what we ask for because God sees the bigger picture in our lives and works in harmony with His perfect plan. It is also important to believe that God is able to do whatever we need. There are no limits or unattainable goals for Him. Our faith should take into account His power and possibilities that are beyond our imagination.

We should also believe that God is merciful and willing to forgive us our sins when we sincerely come to Him with humility and repentance. His mercy is infinite, and His forgiveness is available to anyone who asks for it with faith and a sincere will. Equally important is our forgiveness and reconciliation with others. This has a significant impact on whether God will answer our prayers.

" Find out what he is doing wrong ! "

Let's get one thing correct. GOD DOES NOT DO THINGS WRONG.
IF one things God's got it wrong, the reality is that you have got it wrong not God.

Have you ever wondered why you don't get answers to even your deepest requests? Have you thought about what is the reason for God's silence? Do you have the feeling that God is not listening to you and your prayers seem to be in vain? In this video, we'll look deep into our hearts and minds to discover the three main reasons why our prayers sometimes go unanswered.
At the outset, it should be noted that God hears us and knows everything about us. Psalm 139 says, "You search me and you know me, Lord, you know when I sit down and when I get up. From afar you perceive my thoughts, you watch how I rest and walk, and you know all my ways. Before the word is on my tongue, You, Lord, already know it all." As we can see, God certainly hears our prayers. As the creator and omniscient, God knows every thought that passes through our mind. We can't hide anything from him. He knows what we want to ask of Him before we even say our words. When we raise our prayers, we can be sure that God hears us.
However, we must realize that while God hears our prayers, in some situations He does not always answer them. There are three main reasons why God sometimes does not answer our prayers. The first is sin. Sin creates a wall between us and God. God is perfect and holy, and sin creates an obstacle to our relationship with Him. In Isaiah chapter 59 we read: “Behold, the hand of the Lord is not so short that it cannot help, and his ear is not so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities are what have separated you from your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he does not hear." If we knowingly and voluntarily continue to live in sin, God may not answer our prayers.
Consider the example of a person who works as a restaurant owner, but in order to increase profits and attract more customers, he knowingly uses dishonest practices. It introduces false information about the ingredients and quality of the dishes served, manipulates prices and avoids paying taxes. Despite committing sins, this person turns to God asking for blessings for his business, for success and development. However, a God who teaches honesty, respect for others, and truthfulness may not answer such a prayer.
Unfair practices violate ethical values and constitute a moral breach. In such a situation, in order to regain closeness with God, the right step would be to admit the mistakes made, to repair the damage caused by a sinful act, and to take decisive action to conduct business in accordance with moral and ethical principles. In the book of Solomon's Proverbs we read: "He who turns away his ear from hearing the Law, even prayer is abhorrent to him." Further, the book of Isaiah: "When you stretch out your hands, I will turn my eyes away from you. Even if you multiply your prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood."
However, God, who is full of mercy and love, is always ready to forgive us if we speak sincerely to Him. Regardless of our transgressions and sins, His grace and forgiveness are limitless. When we come to God with humility, repentance, and a resolution to change, He comes to meet us and welcomes us with open arms. God wants us to discover His love and forgiveness and experience conversion and purification of our hearts. It is in meeting Him that we find true salvation and renewal. Regardless of our past sins, God offers us the hope of a new life and gives us the opportunity to start over if we only turn to Him with faith and a sincere desire to repent.
Therefore, if we feel that there is a wall between us and God, which may be sin, let us ask ourselves if there is any sin that we have committed, if there is something wrong in our life. And if we're not sure what it might be, let's pray and ask God the question: God, is there something wrong I've done? Please send your Holy Spirit upon me to reveal the truth to me. It is important that we humbly ask God to send us His Holy Spirit, who will enlighten our consciences and help us recognize our sins and the evil we have committed.
The action of the Holy Spirit allows us to look deeper into our hearts and acknowledge our faults. It is the knowledge of our mistakes and the awareness of our sin that leads us to true repentance and the need for forgiveness. When we turn to God for the Holy Spirit, we are asking Him to cleanse our hearts and enlighten our consciousness. We want His power and love to transform our thoughts, words and actions. This allows us to see our wrongdoing and be converted by repenting before God.
The Holy Spirit will speak to our minds, and then all we have to do is ask God for forgiveness in the sacrament of penance. The prayer for the forgiveness of sins is a prayer that God always answers because His mercy is immeasurable. In the first letter of Saint John we read: "If we confess our sins, God, being faithful and just, will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." If we want our prayers to be answered by God, it is essential that we repair our relationship with Him by confessing our sins. God, being perfect and just, wants us to be sincere and honest with Him and with ourselves. Confession of sins is an act of contrition and humility.
By realizing our mistakes and admitting them before God, we open the way to purify our soul. Confession is not only an act of making an account for our conduct, but also an expression of a desire to change and repair our relationship with God. We must have the courage to look deep into our hearts, admit our sins, and strive for conversion. The second reason why our prayer may go unanswered is when we pray against God's will. God's will is perfect and beyond our limited understanding.
We often want to carry out our own plans and make decisions according to our desires and expectations. However, God, being the source of wisdom, knows what is best for us. We cannot predict the consequences of our choices and decisions. We are limited by our human perspectives and unaware of the long-term effects of our actions. However, God, being all-knowing and all-seeing, has full understanding and knowledge of our future. His knowledge is absolute and perfect.
There are no surprises or unknowns for Him. We must trust God completely, trusting his will, which is perfect. In the Epistle of Saint James we read: "You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, seeking only to satisfy your desires." When we make our requests and desires before God, it is important that we are willing to accept His will, whether it is what we expect or not. God, being the perfect Father, knows our needs and desires better than we do. He sees the whole perspective of our lives and knows what is best for us.
Our own desires and plans are limited and we cannot consider all aspects of our well-being. Therefore, it is important that we are willing to change our desires and goals in the light of God's will. Many people have an incorrect idea of God, treating Him as their own Genie to fulfill all their selfish desires. They only pray when they want something from God, and their prayers are often directed at satisfying their own needs and desires, without considering God's will. This approach to prayer is wrong and distorts the true nature of our relationship with God.
God is not a Genie to act at our command. He is the almighty Creator who has all power and wisdom. His plans for us are perfect, but not always in line with our momentary desires. Some twist the Scriptures to suit their own desires. This is dishonest and leads to a false understanding of God's will. The Word of God is for us as a signpost that directs our way and reveals God's intentions. Trying to adapt Scripture to our own prejudices and desires is contrary to true spirituality.
In the Gospel according to Saint John, chapter fourteen, we read: "And whatever you ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." Whatever you ask of me in my name, I will do it." Many people twist this passage of the Bible completely without understanding it.
God answers all prayers. Yes, No or Wait. Remember Abraham? He waited 100 years before Sarah bore him a child. God's answers are on His timetable. Not ours.

Mark, no offense, but if their prayers are anything like these posts, He may not answer because they are simply too long-winded. More people would be interested in potentially responding to threads like this if they were broken down into sections. Your first post looks like one long run on sentence that stretches for 700 words.

Try breaking your thoughts down into a more concise form. You will get more responses. I hate to say it, but as it is, almost no one will have the time to even read this thing, including me.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

I think the outcome depends on the subject of your prayer. If you ask God for material possessions, for other people's demise, for a magical solution to your problems which you are capable to solve with your own resources and intelligence, anything out of a selfish motive, don't expect to get anything and don't blame God for not answering. Ask God for courage in a chanllenging situation, forgiveness of your sins and other people's, absolution of your guilt, wisdom in decision making, enlightenment on some mystery that has been haunting you, relief from stress, peace from anxiety, self-control over impulse, resistence against temptations, psychological stuffs like these, then you'll get an answer, oftentimes he'll send external sources to help you, sources out of the ordinary which you've never paid attention before.

One good biblical example of this principle is king Solomon. He asked God for wisdom, God not only granted him his wish but also commended him for not asking for wealth, might, immortality or vengeance.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back