Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study A brief look at Isaiah 54:1-10 and John 12:1-50

Ben Avraham

ISAIAH 54:1-10

     “Shout O Barren one, you who bore no child, shout aloud for joy…” We ask when does a barren woman shout for joy because she cannot have children?  I would guess that it depends on the circumstances.  This reminds us of Sarah, who was barren, yet she did not give up hope, in spite of her error, in giving to Abraham her servant Hagar, YHVH still blessed her, and her child “Yitzchak” was the blessing she hoped for, her “offspring will dispossess nations” from Yitzchak to Ya’akov, from Ya’akov to the 12 sons, and from the 12 sons, we are all here today, many of us mixed in the with the nations, yet we are all still here.

The LORD has called us back! There was a time when we didn’t give spiritual things a second thought, the Bible was just another book on the bookshelf.  I for sure didn’t have any interest in it growing up as a teenager. Yet the LORD called me through another teen, and from there, Bible study groups in the Army, and from there, Yeshiva school.

We are chastised, yet we are forgiven, the LORD chastens all whom he receives. I think that the worst type of chastening is having an indifferent spirit, neither hot nor cold. The LORD has taken us back in love. His love is seen in Yeshua HaMashiach, who gave his all for us all!

JOHN 12:1-50

     Nearing the time of Pesach, when Yeshua entered Yerushalayim, people welcomed him.  We know the story, with palm branches.  It reminds us of the first Passover when a lamb was to be taken on the tenth day of Nissan and then, sacrificed on the 14th.  The Lamb of YHVH entered on the tenth day and gave up his life on the 14th of the same month.

     Yet before Calvary, he made a statement; “Unless a grain of wheat that falls to the ground dies, it stays just a grain, but if it dies, it produces a big harvest” What is he saying here?  HE is the grain of wheat that died, yet arose again with life.  WE are the big harvest of believers that have come from his death and resurrection, and when we “sow the seed” (God’s Word) we are helping to create big harvests. Yet we need to understand that some seed will land on stony ground, and not all seed that ends up on the ground will sprout. There is a difference between “on” the ground and “in” the ground. If we are “in” the ground, and we respond to the “Living Water” and the “SON light” then, we will “sprout and come up”

Shalom

Ben Avraham

I will be in Miami for two weeks, so I will return on the 29th of this month

Actually it is not reminder of anyone who was barren, it is the change that God made in the world through coming to the world.

The Lord gives His mercy, to never be barren nor forsaken again, because of the everlasting kindness ( of Christ) which is His mercy and grace.

Isaiah 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

God is speaking about the Jerusalem from above which is free, and the mother of us all, and more children are made than those who are married in this world. ( Jerusalem and all kingdoms of this world)

Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

“Unless a grain of wheat that falls to the ground dies, it stays just a grain, but if it dies, it produces a big harvest”

What Jesus is saying there is that when He( the corn of wheat) died then He produced much fruit.

That is the promises of God( as told for Abraham) for us to be partaker of the divine nature, and by adding to our faith, virtue, and knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, kindness, charity, then we shall never be the barren ( the married and those of this world/ Jerusalem and kingdoms of this worlds) nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If we lack this knowledge, we are blind and have forgotten we were purged ( by Jesus the corn of wheat) from our old sins, and we should make our calling and election sure..

2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Back