Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A note to the moderators and debators of Hinduism/Mysticism.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

First of all thank you to the moderators for not closing my threads on Eastern mysticism/philosophy due to "promoting other religious ideologies" as that is not my intent in the first place....

But at any rate I think it should be pointed out that a viable dialogue on the possible merits/Christlikeness of Hindu philosophy, Hindu people (such as Gandhi) will not be met if those that debate AGAINST the Hindu paradigms have not satisfied some prelimenary prerequisites...

Primarily, at least some knowledge of the ACTUAL text of the Gita, Rig Veda, Vedas, Upanishads, etc FREE FROM CHRISTIAN APOLOGETIC COMMENTARY! Just reading the books as they are and THEN formulating your hypothesis on the possible contradictions, synergistic qualities, or Truths which correspond with Biblical doctrine/opinions......

A TRUE RESEARCHER LOOKS INTO THINGS WITH NO PRECONCIEVED NOTIONS DUE TO EMOTION IN ORDER TO FIND OUT ALL THEY CAN BEFORE STATING A HYPOTHESIS!

THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO BE LABELED AN INTELLIGIENT DEBATOR!

Of course anyone here (BB, Gary, Brutus, Free) could go to any handy Evangelistic website and "learn" about Hinduism but it would not be in an OBJECTIVE fashion free from initial bias.....

Anyways I respect your views on the matter and your devotion to the Gospel but think a more in depth and valuable dialogue would exist of you guys looked into this yourselves rather than just in black and white terms handed to you on the plate of Fundamentalist bias.

Thanks again to the moderators for not locking my threads as the Gita really has been an inspiration to me in my quest to become Christlike in action, in mind, and in the heart.

The problem is that you can become very Christlike in actions but still end up damned. Following these eastern cults and then trying to tie in a little bit of Jesus for good measure is as good as spitting in His face. It will not get you anywhere. Without full faith in Jesus, you will not be saved.

And I disagree with the thought that you need to read these texts to know if they are wrong. Fortunately for us, there are many good, respected Christians who were called by God to disprove these cults and we can feel very good about reading what they have found. They always give references to what they write so we can look into anything that we may need clarified. I think it unwise to delve into the enemies writings to find out more. Spend your time reading God's Word and you will know right from wrong.

Good and valid comments Lyric's Dad.

In my study of Islam, I have read the Quran and the Hadith without commentary.... but I have also read what respected Christians who work in the area of evangelism to Muslims have written. For instance, John Gilchrist is an internationally recognized Christian writer who has studied Islam and witnessed to Muslims for over 25 years. He has successfully debated and rebutted all the material ever produced by one of the most quoted Muslim polemics against Christianity, Ahmed Deedat.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Response ... /index.htm

I respect John as a committed and honest Christian. His whole life reflects that. I therefore read, carefully, what he says about Islam. Why not?

Gilchrist's book on Sharing the Gospel with Muslims, in turn, has helped me deepen my own Christian faith. It has truly been a blessing to me. It has challenged my own understanding of the Gospel.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchris ... index.html

Thanks again for your wise comments.

:)

Fair enough Gary!

I think the Gita versus the Koran is like oil and water however!

But anyways thanks for not locking topics and God Bless!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back