Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Proposition

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
aLoneVoice said:
No Fran - I do not believe it to be unusual. The Scriptures CLEARLY say that those events happened. That God did those things. While it might sound foolish to the unbeliever - it does not sound foolish to me.

The word "unusual" does not mean something didn't happen!

It means something that doesn't happen often. The Incarnation is unique, and thus, by definition, unusual. Do you still believe the Incarnation is not unusual?

Regards

It is foolish that someone would equate a human example with a God example in there unusual comment.

It is unusual to see Roman Catholicism follow the teachings of the Scriptures.

Solo said:
It is foolish that someone would equate a human example with a God example in there unusual comment.

It is even more foolish to try to change the meaning of the word "unusual" to something it doesn't mean. The dictionary doesn't give a caveat for God. A miracle is unusual, is it not? It says nothing about whether it can be done or whether it is difficult for God to do. It only makes a claim on how often something happens. That's it.

Something unique, in my mind, is unusual. If you disagree or don't understand, then you need to go read the dictionary.

As to Roman Catholicism, I am not surprised you would say that, since you don't understand that, either... Your posts reveal that quite clearly.

Regards

Solo said:

This is incorrect. Something is unusual in virtue of its rarity of occurrence and has nothing to do with whether it is about God or about humans.

It is obviously unusual for a woman (young, anyway) to remain a virgin throughout a reasonably long marriage.

It is also, of course, even more unusual that a person would be fathered by the Holy Spirit.

So one cannot argue against the perpetual virginity of Mary solely on the basis of its "unusualness".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back