Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

[_ Old Earth _] A question for evolutionists

"Missing link" is not a scientific term. Neither for that matter, is "bigfoot."

I don't see any evidence that there is such a thing as "bigfoot".

Even if yetis/the sasquatch what have you existed, they would be the decendant of a cousin, and not a holdover from the earlier homonids.

The Barbarian said:

I don't believe in Bigfoot either, but there's more evidence for it than there is for evolution.

Bryan said:
The Barbarian said:

I don't believe in Bigfoot either, but there's more evidence for it than there is for evolution.

Which is why millions of well educated scientists accept bigfoot but reject evolution. Oh, wait a minute...

Thank you, I feel much smarter having read this thread.

:lol:

BL

cubedbee said:
Bryan said:
The Barbarian said:

Which is why millions of well educated scientists accept bigfoot but reject evolution. Oh, wait a minute...

It's a religion, there are millions of people who believe a LOT of dumb things.

Bryan said:
cubedbee said:
Bryan said:
The Barbarian said:

Yeah, like those who believe the millions of people who accept evolution do so in any sort of religious manner.

Some do, some don't. Some accept God exists in a religous way, some don't.

Let's just throw out the word "religion." Nobody knows what the little sucker means.

BL

Basically, Christians accept God on faith. That's what a religion does.

Scientists accept evolution on the evidence. That's what science does.

So far, so good.

The problem is when one tries to apply science to God, or to present creationism as a science.

evidence

Bryan said:
cubedbee said:
Bryan said:
The Barbarian said:

Don't forget their is more evidence for bigfoot than their is for the reality of Jesus and the promises in the bible.

Did you forget to mention just one notable well educated scientist?

I guess we agree on something for a change since Christianity is a religion.

Re: evidence

reznwerks said:
I guess we agree on something for a change since Christianity is a religion.

Not quite. Religion is man's futile attempt to search for meaning on his own. Christianity is God reaching down to us.

Hmm.. Christianity depends on faith, like other religions.

Only if you define religion as false beliefs does Christianity fail the test to be a religion.

How do you[bryan] make the distinction between correct faith and incorrect faith?

Re: evidence

Bryan said:
Not quite. Religion is man's futile attempt to search for meaning on his own. Christianity is God reaching down to us.
Let's not play semantic games in order to prove some cheap theological point.

Back