Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Advice for a Baby Christian

It can be difficult to fully understand God's Word on your own. Fellowship is important. It's also extremely helpful to find a good pastor who preaches from His Word (you can find many good sermons from Dr. Stanley on Youtube).

The Matthew version of the Great Commission (v 18-20) talks about making disciples. Discipleship was a common and well-understood institution in first century Judea. It was usually one on one, or one on a few (3-4) It was not just informational (transfer of facts) but also life formational. You took on the lifestyle of the one training you.

Such an approach may seem very out of place in our modern western world, but it is the biblical model.
Find someone to teach you.

Hey Guys,
hope your all having a blessed day :)

im a baby christian, trying to navigate the word of God on my own.
any tips, tricks or advise anyone want to give me? im all ears
All I can say is read the Word, and perhaps a study Bible (I recommend the New King James Version) with good footnotes may help. Also any biblical historical book that gives an overview of the Bible may also help. I used to say read thus and such a Gospel first (like Mark), and then Romans and Galatians which were letters from the apostle Paul explaining the faith and giving helpful advice to the Christian life. However, there's no easy way around it where if one just reads the simpler New Testament Scriptures, it is a theology without a foundation. The Old Testament gives the basis and "whys" as to the need of Messiah and His Kingdom. However, as encouragement, the whole learning of God's Word is very fascinating. I promise you will not be bored if you invest time. And on that note, your life will keep changing for the better until as the hymn goes, "The things of the world will grow strangely dim..." because there is so much more glory. BTW, if you read two Old Testament chapters in the morning and One Old Testament chapter in the Evening and One New Testament chapter, (I.e. 4 a day), and read your study notes with each, you can get thru the whole Bible in under a year. If that's too aggressive, then cut that in half and you will be through the Bible in just a little over a year and a half. Not all chapters are the same length. So there's times (such as with the Psalms) you will have short chapters to read and thus get a "reading vacation". Hope this helps.

Maybe start with this and see where the Spirit leads you. The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom and understanding of God.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give rest to your soul

Back