Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Alan Watts

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM

wrote, "It has always struck me that Biblical idolatry is one of the most sterile and depressing fixations of the religious mind." Isn't this statement contrary to what Buddhists believe? Isn't he clinging to a desire to remove this fixation and wrose, isn't Watts ascribing an emotion [which is surfering] to this fixation?

Watts, remove the plank from your eye!

Alan Watts is a very eccentric personality with many insightful ideas and writings.

Personally I prefer the writings of Aldous Huxley who is in the same genre.

My good friend is sending me some audio tapes of Watts and I will post what they are about and if they are any good.

Watts has an advantage in that he was a theologian turned Buddhist/mystic/intellectual so he at least has a background in Christian paradigms.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back