Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Ambiguity of Jesus's message

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

joechrist

Does anyone have a good explanation why Jesus didn't just come right out and explain who he was and what his purpose on earth was? This is something I've often wondered. Is there any reason why God would let such a significant event remain so unclear. Jesus often spoke in parables and anytime he made a reference to his divinity, he left it open to debate. Now I know many people are going to say that it was very clear and obvious so lets just go ahead and eliminate that argument. There are billions of people in this world who interpret and understand the story of Jesus differently. Even his disciples were unsure of who he was. There are very intelligent people who have read the gospels and do not believe what Christians believe. So to say that Jesus was very clear in his message is a ridiculous argument. If it was made clear there would be no need for this forum. So if God wanted to save the world, why didn't Jesus just come out and say exactly who he was and why he was here and leave no room for doubt. And also, why not choose a better time period to send Jesus to save us, like right now where it would be impossible for anyone to miss it or not to hear about it. Instead of making everyone rely on stories passed down for generations, he could have it all over the news and have video documentation of everything. So the question for debate is not was his message clear(this is a fact), but why not make it clear?

Without FAITH, it is impossible to please God ......

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

He chose to demonstrate His power and soverignty through miraculour signs and wonders ....

John 4:48
Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.â€Â

His actions spoke louder than words ......

joechrist said:
And also, why not choose a better time period to send Jesus to save us, like right now where it would be impossible for anyone to miss it or not to hear about it. Instead of making everyone rely on stories passed down for generations, he could have it all over the news and have video documentation of everything. So the question for debate is not was his message clear(this is a fact), but why not make it clear?

This is a very odd ... but good question ....... :chin .... :confused

God is not a popularity seeker. He seeks for faith. He is not looking for a superficial recognition.....as a celebrity. Do you truly recognize the Lord? Will you go out of your way to find Him? God hides His glory...it is for seekers to find Him. Once we do, we can rejoice! We need Him, He doesn't need us. We are the ones who need to do the leg work. Making things too easy for us is counter-productive. That would spoil us and make God common so that we would no longer fear Him. This is not good for us!

Excellent question.

I have heard many sermons on this topic due to the nature of our technology.
? If you were to go to a healing ministry, how would you know it was The Holy Spirit and not Satan at practive being a deceiver?

When Christ told someone to get up and walk they did. What's the difference?
The people in that time knew the lame and blind. They knew who these people were because they were among them there whole lives.

It's like watching Cris Angel on the show mind freak. He performs things that boggle your mind right?
So If Christ were to do the same today. what would we think? or its just an illusion or it is set up.

When there was no technology or video camera. When Christ called Lazurus from the dead there were no tricks.

What did the pharisee's try to say? that is must be from the evil one right?
or from God? what did they choose? the first. why? because there way of life was being rocked and not in a good way!

Even when Moses performed the signs against Egypt. What did pharaoh do? hardened his heart when he could not explain. That is like now. When we do not understand something it must be what? crazy, lunacy.

So what better way than to perform miracls and signs of wonders to people that would outwardly know He was the Christ.

Onto his riddles of him being the messiah.
The Book of John is a perfect description of what you are referring to.
Many times Christ wanted to not be known, why?
Some reasons are explained others we do not know.

If you were in Egypt as a Missionary - you would not want to be a street missionary as one professor wants put it. why? death.

So when Christ was in different territories he knew the outcome.
He knew what God's will was in His life as God.

That is the first concept one mut grasp by faith. There is no science to prove that.
The evidence for a christian is the evidence (physical) the 100 % reliability of the history of the bible.
No other religion in the world has this kind of accuracy in its "scriptures."

So then skeptics look at it this. How can you prove the existence of God? when one deinies it they then harden their hearts. Why does God allow this? Freewill. He wants us to come to him wholey devoted. not under some trance of servitude. But because our hearts and souls believe and know He is our God.

I hope this makes some sense and isn't too off course.

Edouard.
May God give you direction in all things.

Last note: About healing ministries. I do believe they exist. It was a gift passed on to us by Christ. He said that we would do immeasurably more. But we all have different gifts. I believe they are not to be flaunted but practiced like Christ. Humility :)

Only to edify and bring those to Christ.

Adullam said:
God is not a popularity seeker. He seeks for faith. He is not looking for a superficial recognition.....as a celebrity. Do you truly recognize the Lord? Will you go out of your way to find Him? God hides His glory...it is for seekers to find Him. Once we do, we can rejoice! We need Him, He doesn't need us. We are the ones who need to do the leg work. Making things too easy for us is counter-productive. That would spoil us and make God common so that we would no longer fear Him. This is not good for us!

Wow! Are you serious?! This might be the most asanine and Evil way I have ever heard God described. I might try this with my children. "Hey, let's play hide and seek. If you find me you win. If you don't, I burn you for eternity." But its only because I love you so much." I promise you, if you want to win people to christianity, this path will not succeed.

joechrist said:
Jesus often spoke in parables and anytime he made a reference to his divinity, he left it open to debate.
There was a very practical reason to be "ambiguous" - if Jesus had clearly made a claim of divinity early in his ministry, He would have given the authorities the justification to kill Him before the time of His choosing.

Drew said:
joechrist said:
Jesus often spoke in parables and anytime he made a reference to his divinity, he left it open to debate.
There was a very practical reason to be "ambiguous" - if Jesus had clearly made a claim of divinity early in his ministry, He would have given the authorities the justification to kill Him before the time of His choosing.

And therefore his mission would be accomplished and he would have saved the world and left no room for doubt or confusion. Now, instead, the majority of humanity will not be saved and will suffer eternally. So which way would have been more effective?

joechrist said:
Adullam said:

Wow! Are you serious?! This might be the most asanine and Evil way I have ever heard God described. I might try this with my children. "Hey, let's play hide and seek. If you find me you win. If you don't, I burn you for eternity." But its only because I love you so much." I promise you, if you want to win people to christianity, this path will not succeed.

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter. Prov. 25:2

joechrist said:
Drew said:
joechrist said:

And therefore his mission would be accomplished and he would have saved the world and left no room for doubt or confusion. Now, instead, the majority of humanity will not be saved and will suffer eternally. So which way would have been more effective?
Fascinating discussion! I must say that I agree with Drew on this one simply because everything about Jesus, from His birth, ministry and death were prophesied yet it was the one's He came for, the lost children of the house of Israel, couldn't or wouldn't recognize Him as Messiah. Yet we see consistently that it was the dogs (mixed Israelites) and gentiles that anticipated His arrival - they were obviously paying attention.

The wise men, the woman at the well, and the Canaanite woman all knew that the Messiah would come or even knew Him as Messiah. Had Jesus indeed announced He was Messiah to soon He would have died before His time and thus the prophecies surrounding His death could be questioned. He died exactly on time, thus giving weight to the truth of prophecy. In John 2 He even tells His mother, "mine hour is not yet come."

The "majority of humanity will not be saved" is not because of anything that Jesus did, but because they reject Him and His word. The eternally burning hell stuff is simply a pagan belief brought into Christianity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back