Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

And the serpent hissed: "The Secret"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And the serpent hissed: "The Secret"

Genesis 3:

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Folks, if you have not yet become aware of "The Secret" and its "Law of Attraction", chances are, you soon will.

"The Secret", a book and film written and created by Rhonda Byrne and endorsed and promoted by Oprah Winfrey proclaims, in essence, that we can control the outcome of our lives and fortunes by positive thinking. We attract, by our attitudes, both positive and negative, outcomes that are positive or negative.
As wonderful and marvelous, and downright practical as this may sound at first blush, the reader should note that an extremely important element is left out...The Sovereignty of God Almighty.

Please consider the following excerpts:

You are God in a physical body. You are Spirit in the flesh. You are Eternal Life expressing itself as You. You are a cosmic being. You are all power. You are all wisdom. You are all intelligence. You are perfection. You are magnificence. You are the creator, and you are creating the creation of You on this planet.

The earth turns on its orbit for You. The oceans ebb and flow for You. The birds sing for You. The sun rises and it sets for You. The stars come out for You. Every beautiful thing you see, every wondrous thing you experience, is all there for You. Take a look around. None of it can exist, without You. No matter who you thought you were, now you know the Truth of Who You Really Are. You are the master of the Universe. You are the heir to the kingdom. You are the perfection of Life. And now you know The Secret.

As you can see, the Secret is nothing new. It has been around in one form or another since the beginning of Creation when Satan lied to Eve. The lie is told in a number of venues today, many times in the guise of Christian teachings, i.e. "Name it and Claim it" theology and the "Prosperity Gospel", among others.

I found a review of "The Secret", which shares my assertions, at http://biblicalspirituality.org/secret.html, and for brevity sake I now direct you there.

Sadly, not everyone is going to accept the teachings of God's Word. Many will perish. If you have not yet accepted the gift of salvation, I urge you to do so now by praying to God:

"Father, I am a sinner. Please forgive me of all my sins, for which You sent Your Precious Son, Who, though Himself blameless, died on the cross, in my place, so that I should not perish, but have life everlasting. Father, thank you, for the resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Who died, was entombed, and rose again on the third day, as a sign and a promise to me, that I, too, will have a resurrected body and share in Your Kingdom, forever." Amen.
...MORE

My husband and I watched The Secret and he and I made jokes about it the entire time. It's one thing to have FAITH, but another thing to completely believe all that the people on this movie were saying. Believe that you will get a bike and you will. Believe that you will become rich and you will...stuff like that.

While I agree with a positive attitude and all, I think we should ask for things we need in prayer or just talk to God directly. This would have been a much more inspirational movie if they had included God.

We tried to watch it just to be able to give it a good critique, but we fell asleep.

Of course it's just another attempt of satans to draw people away from a need for God. It puts the focus on self and man. That much we know without even watching it. So, the secret isn't such a secret after all ...it's a well known lie.

Let's look at Satan's temptation closely, with my comments in brackets.

He said,

" And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: [a lie, for God said they would in Genesis 2:17] For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened,[true,Genesis 1:26 ] and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil [true, Genesis 3:22].

As I often stated, and people of discernment (as opposed to their own ideas) can see where I am coming from. What Satan said was TRUE---- but used the WRONG tree. God wanted them to take from the tree of life and become as Him. But the tree of knowledge of good and evil represented one doing something their own way (like the Law) whereas the tree of life was doing it God's way (by faith).

Satan is a master of half-truths, mixing partial truth with error as opposed to all error.

Man was supposed to have become like God, knowing good and evil, but he was supposed to have lived by taking of the right tree.

So you see, 2 out of 3 is not good enough!

I signed up for a course at my local college this past spring and someone passed the book around. I noticed in parts of it that the universe was the thing they said to look for all that you hope for and to be thankful for as being the provider. I quickly spoke out and told the class that it is not the "universe" that is the creator but is only a creation OF the creator God. Many of these girls professed to being Christian, which was fasinating to me, because some of them were very interested in reading that book without regard to "who" is truly the creator of ALL things! I went on to explain to them that the "universe" is only a material thing, that it is NOT a Spirit. I then told them to be very careful of what deceptions are in that book.

Of course, sadly.... some of those girls looked at me like I was nuts, and some of them looked at me like they were mad at me for bringing up the subject of God. I don't even know if what was said to them had any good effect. I hope the holy spirit gave them some revelation of the truth from what was said to them. You can talk to the blind but only the Holy spirit can open their eyes. I did my part and that's all I can testify too. I hope I didn't confuse them but gave them something to think about.

Ya know, it seemed very strange to me that I was only able to attended that eight week course for a one week because something happened that I had to drop the course the very next day after I mentioned to those girls about that book being misleading. The college said I didn't qualify for the course because of some financial matters, so I had no choice but to walk away from completing that course. I suppose the Lord had something different in mind for me, aye? But I think it very odd that I was taken out of that course the very next day after I spoke out about that book. Coincidence? Go figure.

Back