Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

JoshHatesCheese

Yes, I really do hate cheese.
I’ve always loved not only watching movies but also learning about what went into making them. Everything from the writing process, filming, editing, special effects, acting, the score, ect. I used to have a podcast where I did movie reviews, but it never really gained any traction. Anyways I would love to talk movies if anyone here is interested.- Josh

I’ve always loved not only watching movies but also learning about what went into making them. Everything from the writing process, filming, editing, special effects, acting, the score, ect. I used to have a podcast where I did movie reviews, but it never really gained any traction. Anyways I would love to talk movies if anyone here is interested.- Josh
Have you ever worked on a movie set ? I was an extra for a few weeks once , learned a lot about the craft .

No I haven’t. But that sounds like it would be cool. What movie were you in?
It was a made for TV movie , " Kent State " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_(film)

I watched as the shots were set up and the lighting , I found out the AD works like a dog , lol . The director sits in his perch and the AD is running his legs off . This was back in the film camera days so every time before the cameras would roll they checking the lighting with a meter so they had the cameras adjusted just right . I had a close up in the movie but it was edited out when they decided to condense it from a two night TV movie to a one night , bummer .

It was a made for TV movie , " Kent State " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_(film)

I watched as the shots were set up and the lighting , I found out the AD works like a dog , lol . The director sits in his perch and the AD is running his legs off . This was back in the film camera days so every time before the cameras would roll they checking the lighting with a meter so they had the cameras adjusted just right . I had a close up in the movie but it was edited out when they decided to condense it from a two night TV movie to a one night , bummer .
Man that is a bummer but still very cool that you got to be a part of something like that.

Man that is a bummer but still very cool that you got to be a part of something like that.
If you ever get a chance to be an extra on a set you need to do it , enjoyed the pay and the filming knowledge I got . I walk by in the crowd on the film but some of my friends had some good screen time .

If you ever get a chance to be an extra on a set you need to do it , enjoyed the pay and the filming knowledge I got . I walk by in the crowd on the film but some of my friends had some good screen time .
Can you spot yourself in the film? I’ll keep my ears open for them.

Yeah , I was walking in crowd on a sidewalk .

Never know where they will be shooting a film , a few movies have been shot in AL but GA has a film deal of some kind going on .

Any movies shot in the area where you live over the years ?
Oh nice. I live about 30 mins south of Detroit. I haven’t heard about anything lately but a few years ago they were filming some scenes for the Batman vs Superman movie in the city.

Back