Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

ATHEISTS GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

ATHEISTS GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE

"A new evangelistic movement has emerged... Yet this effort does not spring from those loyal to a particular faith or religious view," says the research group Barna:

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page ... dateID=272

It behoves Christians to understand clearly the arguments which able communicators such as Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins are using (though if you are young in the faith, or feeling a bit wobbly, do treat these books and websites with a health warning.) Here are extracts from Hitchen's new book 'Why Religion Poisons Everything':

http://guide.gospelcom.net/offsitelink? ... imesonline

- and an interview with Hitchens:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 882305.ece

Bible verses on Richard Dawkin's website? Yes, but only in an article reposted from the London Times, which features an interview with Olympic triple-jumper Jonathan Edwards and his sad and we trust temporary loss of faith. Note the level of rejoicing from site visitor comments:

http://guide.gospelcom.net/offsitelink?b07july-dawkins

Not to be rude, but could you paraphrase the main points you wish to make here? I generally do not 'click on the links' without knowing in general what I am about to read...

Generally, what does this new 'atheist threat' entail?

Heavenbound983 said:
Not to be rude, but could you paraphrase the main points you wish to make here? I generally do not 'click on the links' without knowing in general what I am about to read...

Generally, what does this new 'atheist threat' entail?
Not to be rude, but if you do not 'click on the links' then the information available is not important enough for MrVersatile48 to waste his time on providing further information than he already has.

Not to be rude, but that made no sense. If I don't click, then MrV has posted irrelevant information???

I didn't know I had such power! :roll:

All I am saying is that I'd like a little more info before I start wasting my time clicking on links that I don't care about. I feel that a little explanation is useful in determining whether I should continue. :)

Heavenbound983 said:
Not to be rude, but that made no sense. If I don't click, then MrV has posted irrelevant information???

I didn't know I had such power! :roll:

All I am saying is that I'd like a little more info before I start wasting my time clicking on links that I don't care about. I feel that a little explanation is useful in determining whether I should continue. :)
I corrected my previous post so that it would be more clear. Thanks.

PS Are you an atheist?

Solo said:
I corrected my previous post so that it would be more clear. Thanks.

PS Are you an atheist?

OK...I still disagree; what I personally look for is a very bare-bones explanation of the issue. Here I can deduce the following: Atheists are attacking (which is what drew me in the first place), they are being evangelistic, we should leard their arguments in order to defeat them, and visitors to an atheist website are rejoicing.

Now logically, the only thing in this post that is 'further information' is that atheists may be spreading their view, and even that is hardly news. So I asked for a little more info...WHAT are they saying that is so bold and sinister? That's all...just a request for more than a bunch of links. In my mind, it's like one of those "OMG...look at this!!!" emails that we've all received. But that's just a personal preference that I wished to make known.

Oh...and no. See my ID...would an atheist believe in heaven? :)

Or he's Ian posting things that matter to him. :wink:
We all do this to some degree, some more than others and some less.
:)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back