Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[ Testimony ] Be encouraged to have faith!

tipam

I've been sharing my testimony for some time now - in bits n pieces - but I would like to share it with you so you can be encouraged in faith - and also to encourage you to share the amazing things God does in your life as well ... here goes!

I never used to believe in Christianity - it meant no more to me than a bunch of fairy-tales with a few good morals! Having said that, I had some Christians friends along the way and had some unusual 'happenings' that I couldn't explain which I only came to understand when I became a Christian.

I was a student in a teacher training college back in 1987 with a heart for writing educational software. About 3 years into the course, I was invited to a Billy Graham Live link having been invited by a friend. In my heart I doubted that 'this God' could do anything to change my mind although I thought it's worth a try.

Having listened to Billy Graham - I have no idea what he said - I made my mind up there and then to challenge 'this God' ... I said, "If you (Jesus) are real, then you can have my life for a couple of weeks ... if nothing changes then you're off my list!!" (plz forgive me Lord!)

... did it take a couple of weeks? ... no ... it took less than a couple of days before I began to notice huge changes in my life! ... I was in a casual relationship with a girl at that time and she too gave her life to the Lord. We looked at each other and agreed "this relationship isn't right" ... from that moment, we left each other as friends - knowing this was the right thing to do. My attitudes

started changing to drink, music, selfish attitudes and morals I hadn't even considered! The Holy Spirit was capturing every thought I had and made them obedient to Christ ... but certainly not without a struggle!

I became hungry (ravenous) for God's Word and wanted to know who Jesus was. I studied the Bible over and above my coursework and began fellowship at the College Christian Union. I remember sitting down in my digs (as a poor student) and sold off all my earthly belongings in my room and I was pleased that I could what the rich young ruler couldn't do ... until a voice in my head said "Well done - sell all of what you have NOW!" ... guess what - I couldn't do it. Jesus knew my heart better than me!

Soon after, Gad, a student friend from the Christian Union from Nigeria, was taken ill for several weeks at the hospital nearby. We had no idea what was wrong with him so we went to visit. He was in a terrible state; his arms and legs were like sticks and his breathing was coarse and laboured. We were shocked. Led by one of the group, we began to pray for Gad - although I had no idea what to pray - but as we did, I tangibly felt a heavy and sweet presence of God's love enter the room. Gad began to shout out all that he sinned against God and begged for forgiveness as we prayed.

Then, after a few minutes, Gad asked for a bedpan and vomited into it - there was a foul smell which wrenched my stomach! Gad then fell silent and we were worried that he died as his breathing went totally silent. After about five minutes as we approached his bed, Gad opened his eyes and said "I'm hungry" give me some food. We rang the bell for the nurse and she said "I'm sorry, but you're under strict orders not to eat" (Gad had been vomiting or had diarrhoea for over two weeks and couldn't keep anything down). However, Gad insisted and so the nurse gave him a full dinner. Gad seemed to be much better.

The next day we eagerly phoned the hospital to see if Gad had improved to which the nurses replied "no change"... but when we visited him, Gad was sitting next to his bed - still very weak - and exclaimed "Jesus is with us now, sitting on my bed!" (I thought he'd become delirious!) At that time a very British man (complete with bowler hat) from the British consul was attempted to hurry Gad back home to 'die with his family' We still had no idea what was wrong with him. So we exchanged addresses/tels and said that we would keep in touch. Gad left a few days later - seemingly much better.

Several months passed as we attempted to phone or write to Gad for any news. There was no reply so we assumed the worst. However, walking through the campus we saw the man from the British Consul and we ran to meet him ... we asked "What happened to Gad?" ... he said with disbelief "It's a MIRACLE! Gad was dying from the final stages of AID's and now he's back with his family, completely restored and teaching again!"

You know, I must admit I hadn't expected that Jesus 'really did' heal the sick until then! It certainly helps to see it (John 2:11).

Since then, and I don't want to brag except for Jesus Christ alone, I have been witness to incredible miracles; an old man hit by a bus, left for dead, come back to life ... I, and my wife, have prayed for a man who was brain-dead with a broken neck and yet he walked out of Intensive care two weeks later (much to the horror of the family!)

Very recently my family have received £1000's to travel for a much needed visit to family abroad and received money to cover huge bills from people around the country who had no idea we needed it. There are many things ongoing that I can continue to praise God for! These are just a few.

I know there are some who would cast doubt and choose to disbelieve - I've heard Matthew 7:22 quoted numerous times to downsize my message to their lack of belief. But I'm telling you, Jesus works today in the fullness of His Gospel - All Glory to Him!

Please believe that His word is true and stop allowing the devil to downsize your faith - believe the Word of God - simply and truthfully for what it says.

As John 7:38 says "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Back