Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Verse of the Day: October 16, 2021

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Sister

CF Ambassador

psalms-34-14.jpg

I find it interesting too, how the fear of God is especially important in evangelism, and in not returning evil for evil, but seeking to always pursue peace with all men.

11 Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it. (Psalm 34)

This is quoted by Peter as follows. He appears to turn in v.9 from how we treat one another to how we treat those who are persecuting us:

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For

“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. (1 Peter 3:8-17)

It should be remembered that the reason they hate us is because of the stand we take on the word, which exposes evil and denounces it. This caused me to be hated again just recently (or so it appears), but that nevertheless did not stop me from continuing to pursue peace with the person regardless. And in a strange way, it has this way of revealing who has the Spirit of God within them and who is willing to harbor an evil spirit within himself. Those in whom the Spirit of God dwells will be quick to forgive; those in whom He does not will hold resentments, often for long periods of time, regardless of how well you treat them after a disagreement over doctrine. And even in exposing falsehoods and lies we are keeping Peter's exhortation. It is better to suffer for doing good, and obeying the will of God. Doing so will get us in trouble with the Devil's crowd, however, for the sword of the Spirit is an implement of war, and it destroys the enemy's deceptions. But we in turn prove we are not evil doers in how we treat our opponents with love thereafter, "always be ready to give a defense... with meekness and fear," because in the end we are still endeavoring to pursue peace with all men, in telling them the truth.

I find it interesting too, how the fear of God is especially important in evangelism, and in not returning evil for evil, but seeking to always pursue peace with all men.

11 Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it. (Psalm 34)

This is quoted by Peter as follows. He appears to turn in v.9 from how we treat one another to how we treat those who are persecuting us:

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For

“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. (1 Peter 3:8-17)

It should be remembered that the reason they hate us is because of the stand we take on the word, which exposes evil and denounces it. This caused me to be hated again just recently (or so it appears), but that nevertheless did not stop me from continuing to pursue peace with the person regardless. And in a strange way, it has this way of revealing who has the Spirit of God within them and who is willing to harbor an evil spirit within himself. Those in whom the Spirit of God dwells will be quick to forgive; those in whom He does not will hold resentments, often for long periods of time, regardless of how well you treat them after a disagreement over doctrine. And even in exposing falsehoods and lies we are keeping Peter's exhortation. It is better to suffer for doing good, and obeying the will of God. Doing so will get us in trouble with the Devil's crowd, however, for the sword of the Spirit is an implement of war, and it destroys the enemy's deceptions. But we in turn prove we are not evil doers in how we treat our opponents with love thereafter, "always be ready to give a defense... with meekness and fear," because in the end we are still endeavoring to pursue peace with all men, in telling them the truth.

I'll keep you in my prayers Hidden In Him .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back