Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Birds of a Feather

S

Solo

I find it very interesting that Birds of a Feather, flock together on this forum.

Solo said:
I find it very interesting that Birds of a Feather, flock together on this forum.
I prefer to be an eagle. :D

Isn't it the same though that people tend to hang out with those who are in or near the same financial class-social class as well as religion? Truly birds of a feather flock together.

Solo said:

That is found everywhere. People prefer people with whom they have something in common. For one thing I prefer Christians and have very little if anything in common with unbelievers. I also prefer Christians who are of similar beliefs. Even among Christians there are differences in beliefs--though often minor differences.

Solo, I find it interesting that people who haven’t answered posts directed to them would start such a trivial topic.
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... &start=210
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... 525#313525
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... &start=210
I had noticed that you will often join with Dave…, oscar, golfjack, jgredline and JM in getting all ruffled and not answering my posts. I guess you wouldn't be early birds.
I have to leave on an adventure. I'll give you a couple days to catch up. :wink:

unred typo said:
I had noticed that you will often join with Dave…, oscar, golfjack, jgredline and JM in getting all ruffled and not answering my posts. I guess you wouldn't be early birds.
I have to leave on an adventure. I'll give you a couple days to catch up. :wink:

I find it interesting that the above mentioned names are all Born Again...They all believe Jesus is God, That Jesus is the second person of the triune God and oh, yes, we also believe the bible... :wink:

jgredline said:
I find it interesting that the above mentioned names are all Born Again...They all believe Jesus is God, That Jesus is the second person of the triune God and oh, yes, we also believe the bible... :wink:

Chirp Chirp

lets see here

guibox, cp mike, sputnik boy, drew, jay t, unread typo, = smorgasborg theology that is false.

Imajic, Mutzrein, Destiny, don't believe that Jesus is God and or does not matter if Jesus is God for salvation.

canards14le0.gif

jgredline said:

Seems like JG is crowing again & wants to redefine what it means to be 'born again' :wink:

I have to say something here. There is another "flock" on this forum - those who resort to rhetoric when their arguments do not carry the day. We all know the posters who respond to solid argument with statements that avoid the actual matter at issue, and only serve to tear down and smear others by ad hominem. From wikipedia:
argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally argument against the person), personal attack or you-too argument, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is a logical fallacy.
There are those who are not influenced by empty rhetoric and see it as the act of desperation that it obviously is. The problem is that not all have the good fortune to be trained to discern good arguments from empty rhetoric. It is these people that are, unfortunately, at risk from the purveyors of rhetoric.

So I will grant this to those who resort to this tactic - they are dangerous, very dangerous, precisely because, sadly enough, this tactic does indeed work in influencing the minds of those who, perhaps through no fault of their own, have not been trained to reject such fluff.

I encourage all readers - think for yourselves! Weigh the content of real arguments and use your own God-given faculties to come to your own decisions. Please do your part to stem the influence that empty propaganda has on so many. Each person that takes the hard road of thinking for themselves and refusing to be swayed by the "ye are of your father the devil" crowd, advances the kingdom a little bit.

mutzrein said:
Seems like JG is crowing again & wants to redefine what it means to be 'born again' :wink:

Sorry if I offended you mutz. I know the truth offends some people some time.....Understand that I was mearly pointing out what ''we'' that were mentioned by name had in common....

Drew said:
There are those who are not influenced by empty rhetoric and see it as the act of desperation that it obviously is. The problem is that not all have the good fortune to be trained to discern good arguments from empty rhetoric. It is these people that are, unfortunately, at risk from the purveyors of rhetoric.

So I will grant this to those who resort to this tactic - they are dangerous, very dangerous, precisely because, sadly enough, this tactic does indeed work in influencing the minds of those who, perhaps through no fault of their own, have not been trained to reject such fluff.

I encourage all readers - think for yourselves! Weigh the content of real arguments and use your own God-given faculties to come to your own decisions. Please do your part to stem the influence that empty propaganda has on so many. Each person that takes the hard road of thinking for themselves and refusing to be swayed by the "ye are of your father the devil" crowd, advances the kingdom a little bit.
Yes, Drew... this site used to not tolerate constant fingerpointing and personal attacks the way it does now. In fact it's the standard by those who are suppose to be setting an example. Lets just say the standards here took a nose dive over the past months.
Lovely I agree, this 'topic' should be locked, it's a pitiful example of christianity.

Yes, Drew... this site used to not tolerate constant fingerpointing and personal attacks the way it does now. In fact it's the standard by those who are suppose to be setting an example. Lets just say the standards here took a nose dive over the past months.
Lovely I agree, this 'topic' should be locked, it's a pitiful example of christianity.

This site for some reason or another has always had our share of personal attacks and fighting. I also believe that in the last month this forum has become more civil. However with topics like this and responses like your and a few others which are uncalled for will help to sit us back or keep us in the rut we have been in. :roll:
With that said I am going to lock this topic. :-?

Back