Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessing for Dec.22nd

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jeremiah7

Genesis 22:15-18
The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

If there was a PhD to be taken in faith, Abraham would have qualified and passed with flying colors. This was no small test of his faith, it was the ultimate; offering his loving son to God as a sacrifice.

3 days of travel would only have increased Abraham’s agony. Could Isaac read the thoughts of his father’s mind? Did it show on Abraham’s face?

Whatever it be, he just obeyed. And the blessings were greater. He finally didn’t have to sacrifice his son, for God had arranged an alternate sacrifice too. Abraham proved that God truly is Jehovah Jireh, Our Provider.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back