Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Camp

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi! So I have never been "not religious" I guess you could say...my family has always gone to church and as a little girl I hated it. To me church was a place to go a nd have to sit still and be quiet for a long time. My ADHD didn't help much there. I knew Jesus loved and how God was big and how I was a sinner and all that jazz but it never became real to me until my first year at Timber-Lee. Timber-Lee was a Christian summer camp for kids and teens and when I first went there I was about...7 I think??? Anyway I remember that first night my counselor was marching us to chapel and I was thinking "Ugh church. This is gonna be boring." I was a little thrown off as to how my counselor was acting though. She was swinging her arms and kicking her legs up siging "I'm excited for chapel! For Chapel! I'm excited for chapel!" I gave her a you-are-crazy look and as we got to the place where chapel was going to be I heard screaming and in my 7-year-old mind I thought an anmimal from the science center had somehow gotten in there (what? I was 7!) I was a little feraked out but when we got inside people were laughing and dancing and singing and there was loud music. I loved it. When the speaker came up he explained to us who Jesus was and it was so I could understand and it blew my mind. I had no idea Jesus could be my FRIEND or that he WANTED to talk to me. From then on I became the Jesus freak I am today.

Wow great to hear! I grew in Christ at a youth convention during worship. Still love him greatly and struggle daily but his love carries me! Welcome to CFnet and enjoy the forum!

wow you're story is cute :), i remember when i was in my youth camp days ( i was not yet a christian at that time coz only i became a born again chritian when i get to university ) and i can say joining in those camp is totally wrong motives you know. The very first camp i remember I was in juinior high school... i have to beg for my parents to let me join coz my peers are there and they say there's a live band ( well, they were refering the praise and worship band ) and i didn't know that. When i get there , i say " it's cool, seems like a concert, everybody is lively , and kind and all" the impression of a first time goer..and there's a cute guy that plays the bass common:) Well, but seriously I can say even during those time God had already planted something in my heart and it was the start. The next year i failed to join coz i have to go for a vacation to my Uncle's farm, but i longed for it. When i get to university ( it's an exclusive public school very far from home ) i studied there coz i was like somekind of passed the scholarship , and my two older sister's studied there. I really did not expect that God will continue what He had started in my life. So i would really tetify that Philippians 1:6 " being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" is really true. There in the university i met a friend named Joy who shared the gospel to me and i accepted Christ as my persona lord and saviour Feb 26, 2005 . I was baptized and grow as chrristian then later on organize my own bible study group as well catering other youth , joined mission courses and others. Later when i graduated almost 4 years ago, and now working in a business world…. , i was in a plane and seated next to me was an old preacher, we talked about faith and his church , then he asked me " When did God caught you?. And i answered " caught me ?...well yeah, it was in those camp ...
and then i would tell him about those christian camp that i had for the very first time.:)<O:tongue></O:tongue>

Hehehe that's awesome! I love camp! It's funny how you mention cute guys on the bass because at my camp there was a girl on the bass and she was one of my friends. If you looked up hyper-crazy in the dictionary you would see her picture next to it. XD She was hilareous. But yeah that camp has become like a second home to me. What about you? Have you ever gone back?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back