Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can someone explain ...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

james1959

Just exactly what the "Seven Noahide Laws" are, What is the punishment for breaking the first Six, and Why they are in place in America ?

Please :smt100
The explainations may prove why this relates to "end time"

First off. When you create a thread like this and want a responce please make it known what the article is about. Many may not know what the noahide is..

NOAHIDE LAWS

1) DO NOT COMMIT BLASPHEMY

2) DO NOT WORSHIP IDOLS

3) DO NOT COMMIT THEFT

4) DO NOT COMMIT MURDER

5) DO NOT COMMIT SEXUAL IMMORALITY

6) ESTABLISH COURTS OF JUSTICE

7) DO NOT EAT THE FLESH OF A LIVING ANIMAL

Sounds like man has taken a little from the Bible and added their own to it.. If it's not Biblical don't count on it.. My Lord ate fish, I'll continue to eat fish. And I love me some steak, sasuage, bacon, liver, hamburger and hotdogs. I like to hunt and killed many animals in my lifetime. I have my hunting permit already for this season. A elk bull has my 7mm Mag's name on it. hmm hmm hmmm

This will require a study of covenant theology, for starters. Plus, right off the bat Keith, #7 sounds a little "fishy" to me. :-D

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

HE had to allow them to eat "meat". HE wiped out all the plantlife in the Flood. 8-) All kidding aside, here is a more Biblical" explanation:

While Adam and his contemporaries seem to have been vegetarians (Genesis 1:29-30; cf. 9:3), Noah and his descendants could eat flesh (9:3-4). There was, however, one stipulation. Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
This was to teach man not only that God values life, but that He owns it. God allows man to take the life of animals in order to survive, but they must not eat the blood.

One may puzzle that flesh could be eaten after the flood, but not before (or so it seems). It may be that conditions on the earth so changed that protein was now necessary for life. More likely, man must be brought to the realization that, because of his sin, he could only live by the death of another. Man lives by the death of animals.
http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=69 This is also a decent link for explaining the The Noahic Covenant.

God allows man to take the life of animals in order to survive, but they must not eat the blood.
They considered the blood to be the lifeforce, the "soul" of a living creature. Think about that when talking about souls or when discussing Revelation 6:9. ;-)

Thanks for the replies (and reason for title, made ya look :wink: )

Ok here lies the problem though, and why I posted no source, and hope to get some great-minds onto this matter.

It seems that The 7 Noahide Laws are listed differently here and there. also info is not clear, conflicting, and very troublesome. It appears one has to refer to the Talmud/Torah and Not the Bible to get to the bottom of it, that is where the not so nice picture appears.

Two most common lists of the seven..
1. Prohibition of idolatry
2. Prohibition of blasphemy
3. Prohibition of murder
4. Prohibition of theft
5. Prohibition of illicit relations
6. Prohibition of eating live meat
7. Prohibition of failing to establish courts of justice

1. Not to deny God.
2. Not to blaspheme God.
3. Not to murder.
4. Not to engage in incestuous, adulterous, bestial or homosexual relationships.
5. Not to steal.
6. Not to eat a limb torn from a living animal.
7. To set up courts to ensure obedience to the other six laws.

Basically seems innocent enough, and the 7th is to enforce the six.
However,
You all do realize that Jesus is considered a false prophet and Idol worship by the zionists ? That according to them Christians break Laws #1 and 2.

To show everyone just how serious this is, I will show that Law#7 has been quietly established in the U.S. and it does appear that decapitation may be the punishment. Exercised, no of coarse not, but it is in place !

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c ... ES.104.ENR:

105 STAT. 44 Public Law 102‑14 ‑‑ March 20, 1991 Joint Resolution To designate March 26, 1991, as "Education Day, U.S.A."
((here are some snips from it))

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our great Nation was founded;

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty‑ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991;

Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader, "the rebbe," this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of "education and giving," the year in which we turn to education charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws;

Innocent enough, Except, since when is a public law established without at least listing those Laws, not to mention, exactly what they are.

now at least we do have some keys to search and their relation to each other ...
* the Seven Noahide Laws
* the Lubavitch movement
* Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson

It appears Noahide Law #7 has been established In the U.S.!

8-) Is that better ? :wink:

Back