Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

olympia

CAN YOU UNDESTAND?

Romans 9:6, “Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.â€

I am Israel; I am the seed of Isaac. My eyes are forever on the Lord. He has raised me up and seated me together with him in heavenly places. He is blind to my faults, he dandles me upon his knee and tousles my hair. I can do no wrong in his sight for I am born of the Spirit, a son of God, joint heirs with Jesus Christ.

No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper and anyone who accuses me in the Day of Judgment I will condemn. This is my heritage, for without fail I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, Isaiah 54:17.

My enemies stagger at my confession and gnash their jaws at my countenance. They call me delusional, but what appear to them as a delusion are the words of the Spirit, for I dwell securely in the secret place of the most High.

Though I die at the hands of my enemy they cannot kill me. Though I am maligned I shine forth in righteousness. I am a royal priesthood, a chosen generation, of a peculiar people.

How can I say this? because his Word is sure and faith is my sanctuary. I believe in those things that are not as though they are. The valley of the shadow of death is behind me; I walk in the light.

Come and join me if you can understand.

olympia said:
CAN YOU UNDESTAND?

Romans 9:6, “Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.â€

I am Israel; I am the seed of Isaac. My eyes are forever on the Lord. He has raised me up and seated me together with him in heavenly places. He is blind to my faults, he dandles me upon his knee and tousles my hair. I can do no wrong in his sight for I am born of the Spirit, a son of God, joint heirs with Jesus Christ.

No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper and anyone who accuses me in the Day of Judgment I will condemn. This is my heritage, for without fail I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, Isaiah 54:17.

My enemies stagger at my confession and gnash their jaws at my countenance. They call me delusional, but what appear to them as a delusion are the words of the Spirit, for I dwell securely in the secret place of the most High.

Though I die at the hands of my enemy they cannot kill me. Though I am maligned I shine forth in righteousness. I am a royal priesthood, a chosen generation, of a peculiar people.

How can I say this? because his Word is sure and faith is my sanctuary. I believe in those things that are not as though they are. The valley of the shadow of death is behind me; I walk in the light.

Come and join me if you can understand.
I think I can....we have perfect peace as we walk with the Lord. I might mention that
"blind to my faults" is off a bit. Our sins are forgiven, but God isn't blind to our faults...that's what the process of sanctification is all about. Our "fault" is coming short of the glory of God, and the work of the Holy Spirit is to conform us into the image of Christ. Oh, along with the "tousles" come spankings out behind the woodshed. He chastens us as sons.

Thank you for trying to understand.

When Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world we were forgiven completely of sin and the New Covenant that I operate under says that our sins and iniquities he remembes no more, Heb. 8:12.

As far as sanctification goes the moment that I believed I was 'set apart'; righteousness was imputed to me. I was conformed to the image of Christ; sanctified, when I believed.

We were once purged of sin and my conscience is clear. My whole spirit soul and body is preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And If I or anyone elce is under the Law of Moses he has 'come short of the glory of God', but I am not under the Law of Moses, I am under the Law of Faith. My perfection did not come by the works of the law, but by the hearing of faith in our Savior's work and the power of His resurrection. Phil 3:9-10.

And as for those spankings out behind the wood shed, well I have had my share of them, but not because my heavenly Father found fault with me. The Father of spirits saw that I needed to be built up in the most holy faith so that I might be fed with meat and not milk, Heb. 12:9,Heb.5:13.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back