Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Center searches for the science behind faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Center searches for the science behind faith

20 experts from various fields are using brain-imaging and other techniques for answers.

By Joann Loviglio, Associated Press Writer, January 16, 2007

Last updated: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:39 AM EST

PHILADELPHIA  Religion and science can combine to create some thorny questions: Does God exist outside the human mind, or is God a creation of our brains? Why do we have faith in things that we cannot prove, whether it’s the afterlife or UFOs?

The new Center for Spirituality and the Mind at the University of Pennsylvania is using brain imaging technology to examine such questions as well as to investigate how spiritual and secular beliefs affect our health and behavior.

“Very few are looking at spirituality from a neurological side, from the brain-mind side,†said Dr. Andrew Newberg, director of the center. “We have a fairly unique focus.â€Â

Newberg, a doctor of nuclear medicine and an assistant professor at Penn, also has co-authored three books on the science-spirituality relationship.

The center is not a bricks-and-mortar structure but a multidisciplinary team of Penn researchers exploring the relationship between the brain and spirituality from biological, psychological, social and ideological viewpoints. Begun in April 2006, it is bringing together some 20 experts from fields including medicine, pastoral care, religious studies, social work and bioethics.
http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2007 ... ews727.txt

I love it when Science does that. It makes a lot of sense, if you ask me. God created Science, and I hope you Christians know that.

Red530 said:
I love it when Science does that. It makes a lot of sense, if you ask me. God created Science, and I hope you Christians know that.
Well' I can just read and look at your signature' and I can tell' what's up with you. You remind me of the 5th Dimension's song.

Red530 said:

Kinda like what this feature means:-

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/weblogs/r ... 07#1464566

There is such a thing as absolute certainty

& God's Word is 'a sure & certain hope'

We Christians invite any non-believers out there to stop bulding your lives on the sinking sands of human 'wisdom' & develop rock-solid faith in the Solid Rock of Christ

God bless!

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back