Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Challenge: Prove there are Errors in a King James Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: Errors in King James Bible

AVBunyan said:
The issue of Luke 1:33 is the kingdom - not Christ reigning.

The kingdom goes on.

Well, Mr. Bunyan, I disagree. The issue is Christ reigning over the house of Jacob, because the Lord God, who is the Sovereign Ruler over all things, shall give unto him the throne of his father David. It is the Lord God's to give; and when Christ, after subduing all enemies (in the whole universe), turns over the kingdom to God the Father that God may be all in all. The kingdom then never ends.

Quote: Luke 1:32,33, KJV, "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

To me, the antescendant of "his" is the Lord God, who gives the rule to Jesus as Messiah.

NEW VERSES TO CONTRAST:

Matt. 24:3 reads, "..Tell us when shall these things be? and what (shall be) the sign of thy coming and of the end of the world?"
See also: Matt. 13:39,40; 24:3; 28:20.

End of the world? Right? What does that mean to you? The end of everything? Just the earth? Just mankind? Just unrighteous humanity?

Based upon the above verses "The end of the world!" has become a big subject again. But, it should read "The end of the age."

NOW...contrast "the end of the world" with Eph. 3:21 "Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end."

BOTH CAN'T BE RIGHT! And look at the above verse; it says "throughout all ages"...IMAGINE! "ages" is from "aionias", the same word in Luke that they wouldn't translate "ages", but did here in Eph 3:21. I wonder how that happened? Do you think God gave the translators special directions to ignore the Greek in one place, yet not ignore it in another? Or did they not want to vary from the three English Versions they referred to?

Also, Isa. 45:17 reads, "...ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end." Another place of contradiction.

Bick

Errors in the King James Version?

Mr. Bunyan, lest you get the wrong idea, I enjoy the KJV, and when searching to understand a particular passage, I will often read it first; then read a number of other versions.

But, there are so many words that the original translators used to convey what to them was the meaning, but, today those words mean something else. Here are a number of them:

Let or letteth; prevent; allow or alloweth; conversation; comprehend; wealth; allege; demand; take no thought; etc.

I'm just thankful for the work that scholars like, Dr.s Young, and Strong and Crudence did to compile the concordances based upon the TR, and, I'm sure, others texts, so that we can get as close to the original meanings as possible.

Bick

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back