Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christians are not beggars.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

golfjack

The Bible says we are joint-heirs with Christ, sons of God. We are not beggars. We're new creatures, blessed above all people.

You can see from the Scriptures that it was God's plan for everything connected with Israel to bear the stamp of prosperity and success. Disease and sickness were not to be tolerated among the Israelites, sso the Church shouldn't tolerate sickness and disease either. Everything connected with the Body of Christ, the New Testament Church, should bear the stamp of prosperity, success, healing, surplus, and health.

Scofield's notes in his reference Bible about Hebrew and Greek references to salvation imply the ideas of deliverance, safety, preservaation, healing, and health. Study Romans 1:16 to see how God's power works in salvation.

May God bless, Golfjack

The Bible says we are joint-heirs with Christ, sons of God. We are not beggars. We're new creatures, blessed above all people.

True, we don't have to plead with God every time we feel inadequate.

However I have always wondered about something. The Lord's Prayer beseeches God the Father to "forgive us our tresspasses" while at the same time those who are God's have been justified. Thus many commentaries I have read said that the request for absolvency of transgressions is a temporal/immediate context of God extending grace to you in your time of need (which God may withhold if you do not repent). They say your positional justification is not removed but your daily provision of grace may be held back because Jesus says soon after that prayer that if we do not forgive others their trespasses God will not forgive ours. I've always wondered how this works together. What happens if you continue to not repent of a certain sin (some can be harbored for years - such as bitterness for example), will we remain in the "Lord's Prayer" type unforgiveness (while retaining our justification) the whole time? If so this would seem a proper place to plead for God to extend his grace to us once more by repenting so that God will forgive us.

What do you make of that?

God Bless,

~Joshua

golfjack said:
. Everything connected with the Body of Christ, the New Testament Church, should bear the stamp of prosperity, success, healing, surplus, and health.

Scofield's notes in his reference Bible about Hebrew and Greek references to salvation imply the ideas of deliverance, safety, preservaation, healing, and health. Study Romans 1:16 to see how God's power works in salvation.

May God bless, Golfjack

There is a huge difference between "deliverance, safety, preservation, healing, and health" and "prosperity, success, healing, surplus and health."

What exactly do you take "prosperity and success" to mean?

Did Paul live a life of "prosperity and sucess" - if so - how and by what measure?

So what would you say to beggars who are Christians?

Quit begging and go to the throne in boldness and ask God for your rightful blessings. Remind Him what His Word says because His Word won't return voids. quit saying I am a poor old sinner saved by grace because God has declared you not guilty and has set you free.

May God bless, Golfjack

I think this topic is case and instance sensitive. The poor you will have with you always. . . beggars are inconvenient to say the least, and the Lord will put one in your path to make a point.

The prosperity Gospel - associates material wealth with success but unfortunately the love of money is the root of all evil. Not every rich man is covetous and not every beggar is full of grace. If you live in the western world you will probably not be accustomed to beggars. In terms of spiritual character apostolic meekness- such as what Moses exhibited - may not be given except through exceedingly great loss. Moses was a Prince in Egypt and fled into the desert to live as a shepherd and it was in the desert that he encountered God.

stranger said:
I think this topic is case and instance sensitive. The poor you will have with you always. . . beggars are inconvenient to say the least, and the Lord will put one in your path to make a point.

The prosperity Gospel - associates material wealth with success but unfortunately the love of money is the root of all evil. Not every rich man is covetous and not every beggar is full of grace. If you live in the western world you will probably not be accustomed to beggars. In terms of spiritual character apostolic meekness- such as what Moses exhibited - may not be given except through exceedingly great loss. Moses was a Prince in Egypt and fled into the desert to live as a shepherd and it was in the desert that he encountered God.
Matthew was a tax collector and continued to be one even as Jesus' disciple.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Quit begging and go to the throne in boldness and ask God for your rightful blessings. Remind Him what His Word says because His Word won't return voids. quit saying I am a poor old sinner saved by grace because God has declared you not guilty and has set you free.

May God bless, Golfjack

Does God need to be reminded what HIS word says?

Our rightful blessings is what God provides. Period. I do not believe that God needs to be reminded! Are we not taught to be content in our situation? Job was eventually 'blessed' because he was content in situation. Did Job remind God of His Word?

aLoneVoice said:
Does God need to be reminded what HIS word says?

Our rightful blessings is what God provides. Period. I do not believe that God needs to be reminded! Are we not taught to be content in our situation? Job was eventually 'blessed' because he was content in situation. Did Job remind God of His Word?

Isa 43:26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

God does not be reminded. We do.

In the same way God does not need to ask questions either. Yet, He does.

Gabbylittleangel said:

Isa 43:26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

God does not be reminded. We do.

In the same way God does not need to ask questions either. Yet, He does.

Correct, Gabby - WE need to be reminded. However, Golfjack did not say that... he clearly said that WE are to remind GOD.

Really?

Does God inhabit the praises of His people? Are we not to please God. Do you think that God would be pleased to know in our requests that we have studied the Word. Of course, yes, and besides that we are commanded to persevere in our prayers. You see, Never give up. We can be knocked down, but we are not knocked out.

May God bless, Golfjack

golfjack said:
Does God inhabit the praises of His people? Are we not to please God. Do you think that God would be pleased to know in our requests that we have studied the Word. Of course, yes, and besides that we are commanded to persevere in our prayers. You see, Never give up. We can be knocked down, but we are not knocked out.

May God bless, Golfjack

That is MUCH different from "reminding God of His Word"

Gabbylittleangel said:

Psa 37:25 I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
My favorite verse!

aLoneVoice said:
Correct, Gabby - WE need to be reminded. However, Golfjack did not say that... he clearly said that WE are to remind GOD.

Really?

I suggest that you read this verse in context.

There are many examples of prayer in Scripture of God's people reminding Him of what He had promised. I picked out one of David's prayers for an example.

2Sa 7:25 And now, O LORD God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish [it] for ever, and do as thou hast said.

Remind God. Praise God. Tell Him thank you. All of those things are included in a relationship with Him. And you are correct also aLone. You could get through your whole life without ever reminding God of anything. Many attempt to get through never asking questions. Never asking for things. Trying to do it all on their own.

My own personal experience is that when I remind God of what He said, or what I think that he said, or what someone else has told me, it gives God an opportunity to teach me something, confirm something to me, tell me that I have misunderstood something or in some other way commune with me.

If there is one difference between WOF people and other Christians that I have noticed, it is that WOF come boldly to the throne of grace. Many other Christians approach the throne of God in the same way the Lion approached the Wizard of Oz.

I would love to cybershark, but you asked a very hard question and used too many big words for me!

Heh, sorry. Sometimes complex ideas call for complex words. Or perhaps my fondness of colorful language just led me to express myself in a way where it seemed necessary for me to convey my ideas in such a manner.

Beseech just means to "beg of, ask [in prayer]". Absolvency means to "do away with". When I said "request for absolvency of transgressions" I meant "asking God to take away our sins." Does that help you understand some of what I was asking? :biggrin

Back