Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Christians how do you feel about terri savelle foy ministries?

MerciG777

2024 Supporter

Hebrews 13:5 ESV / 567 helpful votes​

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Matthew 5:3 ESV / 11 helpful votes​

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I thought Terri's work was okay nothing against her personally until I was convicted to Let Go and Let God. I believe there is a time to pray and action.

My conviction; Humans are to serve Gods wants, God ultimately decides my destiny, not me. God has given us freewill, so I would appreciate hearing you thoughts.

Ugh. Awful.

If this woman is acting in the capacity of a Pastor, she is in direct, plain violation of God's word.

"You attract what you expect"? Where is that in God's word? Sounds like the demonic "Law of Attraction" that is popular among New Age folk.

"They find what they focus on." I think it's that what we focus on shapes what we want, who we are, which shaping is reflected, finally, in how we live. We aren't hummingbirds, or carrion-eaters, that are what they are by virtue of their nature, unable to be other than they are. We humans are able to choose upon what we'll orient our attention. This woman's analogy, then, isn't very well thought-out.

"Practice hearing the voice of God." This is nowhere taught in Scripture. Nowhere. In the record of the Bible, whenever God had something to say to someone, He always made it crystal clear that He had spoken and what He was communicating - even to those who didn't want to hear from Him. Did Abraham need to practice hearing God's voice? No. God sent angelic messengers to him. Did Moses need to practice hearing from God? No. God met him in pretty dramatic fashion with a burning bush and disembodied voice when Moses wasn't expecting to hear from God at all. Did Gideon need to practice hearing the voice of God? No. He, too, wasn't looking for a communique from God but, like Abraham, Gideon had an angelic messenger sent to him. And so it goes all through the record of Scripture; God used angelic messengers, visions, dreams, a disembodied hand or voice, a talking donkey, prophets, etc., to communicate with human beings. No "hearing practice" necessary.

The "practice hearing from God" thing is a surefire way for folks to mistake their own inner self-talk and personal desires for God's voice. Since God doesn't speak in a way that requires that we "practice" in order to hear, when believers set about to "hear" from God - and don't - they begin to cast about for anything that seems like "God's voice." And since they are looking inward, ultimately, for that "voice," it's no surprise that it's their own inner voice that they end up mistaking for God's. But making this mistake, thinking one's own inner voice is God speaking, will have, in the end, devastating effects spiritually. The devil, of course, gets in on this self-deception, making the deception much worse, if he can. Beware, then, any so-called Bible teacher who's urging you to "practice hearing from God."

We have God's word, the Bible, that is entirely sufficient to communicate God's will and way to us. It is a "lamp unto our feet and light unto our path," (Psalm 119:105); it is "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man (or woman) of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17); "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto, according to your word" (Psalm 119:9); "It is written: 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4). Read Psalm 1. If any born-again person wants to know God's will and way, they need only open their Bible and read from it - no "hearing practice" necessary. And they can be sure they are hearing from God and not their own self-talk, or some demonic counterfeit of God's voice, as they encounter the words of God from the objective, authoritative source that is Scripture.

"I chose to believe from God." On what basis? The woman offers no solid biblical ground for her belief in what she thinks she heard from God; she simply decided she would believe it. This is nutty logic and kooky spiritual living! "There is a way that seems right to a man (or woman) but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12; 16:25)

"You are going to get in life exactly what you expect." Not hardly! On its face, this is patently false. Anyone who has reached the age of fifty can tell you this is a ridiculous statement. Will a deaf man become a concert pianist, if he persistently expects to be one? Will a guy with dwarfism play in the NBA, if he simply thinks hard enough that he can? Will a paraplegic win the Olympic 100-meter sprint if he thinks with sufficient determination that he can? Obviously not.

"Whatever gets in your mind and stays there, you will attract it in your life. Positively and negatively." At this point, Terri flatly states that she is teaching the pagan, New Age idea of "Law of Attraction." She immediately confuses it with the biblical principle of reaping what one sows (Galatians 6:7-8; 2 Corinthians 9:6), talking of people who sow negative attitudes about themselves in others, who then reap a harvest of the same in the them.

Terri goes on to establish the idea of the "Law of Attraction" by way of immigrant folk who become millionaires because they see America as "a land of opportunity." She is subtly locating life-shaping power in the individual's thinking rather than in God. I wonder if Terri thinks the apostle Paul's suffering for Christ and the Gospel was simply a result of Paul's own bad thinking drawing to himself the suffering he endured. Maybe she thinks the apostle John was boiled in oil and then exiled to Patmos because he attracted such pain and suffering to himself through his own bad expectations. Perhaps Jesus died on the cross only because he anticipated he'd die on it? Not an unreasonable conclusion, under Terri's "Law of Attraction" doctrine.

Terri, being a very poor spokeswoman for God's truth continues, badly mishandling a verse from Proverbs and making it the ground for her version of the "Law of Attraction." Here's the verse in its immediate context:

Proverbs 23:6-8 (NASB)
6 Do not eat the bread of a selfish man, Or desire his delicacies;
7 For as he thinks within himself, so he is. He says to you, "Eat and drink!" But his heart is not with you.
8 You will vomit up the morsel you have eaten, And waste your compliments.

Solomon is not suggesting a "Law of Attraction" here, but is warning folks that a selfish man is duplicitous, giving others a false impression of his attitude toward them. The selfish man urges his guests to eat and drink but in his heart resents them. What the selfish man really thinks of his guests is not revealed in what he says. This is the meaning of Proverbs 23:7, not that a person can attract a certain life-outcome by means of thinking on it persistently.

I've only listened, at this point, to 4:28 of the video and have collected all of these false teachings already. Surely, this is enough, though, to warrant dismissing her as a serious teacher of God's truth. Really, she's an unabashed false teacher, no matter how "cutesy" she seems.

Last edited:
Yeah you get these people who think a chuch is a business. They invest in a church and people become there product and the leaders are looking for a return on there investment.

They just teach what people want to hear. Most use positive motivational speeches and twist the word around to back it up.

False teachers like this are pushing new gospels. Funny thing is they are very successful at growing a church and raking in the money. Sad really.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I thought Terri's work was okay nothing against her personally until I was convicted to Let Go and Let God. I believe there is a time to pray and action.

My conviction; Humans are to serve Gods wants, God ultimately decides my destiny, not me. God has given us freewill, so I would appreciate hearing you thoughts.
I like her hair, jewelry, clothing.

All stuff that does not require the love of money.
:hysterical

Ugh. Awful.

If this woman is acting in the capacity of a Pastor, she is in direct, plain violation of God's word.

"You attract what you expect"? Where is that in God's word? Sounds like the demonic "Law of Attraction" that is popular among New Age folk.

"They find what they focus on." I think it's that what we focus on shapes what we want, who we are, which shaping is reflected, finally, in how we live. We aren't hummingbirds, or carrion-eaters, that are what they are by virtue of their nature, unable to be other than they are. We humans are able to choose upon what we'll orient our attention. This woman's analogy, then, isn't very well thought-out.

"Practice hearing the voice of God." This is nowhere taught in Scripture. Nowhere. In the record of the Bible, whenever God had something to say to someone, He always made it crystal clear that He had spoken and what He was communicating - even to those who didn't want to hear from Him. Did Abraham need to practice hearing God's voice? No. God sent angelic messengers to him. Did Moses need to practice hearing from God? No. God met him in pretty dramatic fashion with a burning bush and disembodied voice when Moses wasn't expecting to hear from God at all. Did Gideon need to practice hearing the voice of God? No. He, too, wasn't looking for a communique from God but, like Abraham, Gideon had an angelic messenger sent to him. And so it goes all through the record of Scripture; God used angelic messengers, visions, dreams, a disembodied hand or voice, a talking donkey, prophets, etc., to communicate with human beings. No "hearing practice" necessary.

The "practice hearing from God" thing is a surefire way for folks to mistake their own inner self-talk and personal desires for God's voice. Since God doesn't speak in a way that requires that we "practice" in order to hear, when believers set about to "hear" from God - and don't - they begin to cast about for anything that seems like "God's voice." And since they are looking inward, ultimately, for that "voice," it's no surprise that it's their own inner voice that they end up mistaking for God's. But making this mistake, thinking one's own inner voice is God speaking, will have, in the end, devastating effects spiritually. The devil, of course, gets in on this self-deception, making the deception much worse, if he can. Beware, then, any so-called Bible teacher who's urging you to "practice hearing from God."

We have God's word, the Bible, that is entirely sufficient to communicate God's will and way to us. It is a "lamp unto our feet and light unto our path," (Psalm 119:105); it is "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man (or woman) of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17); "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto, according to your word" (Psalm 119:9); "It is written: 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4). Read Psalm 1. If any born-again person wants to know God's will and way, they need only open their Bible and read from it - no "hearing practice" necessary. And they can be sure they are hearing from God and not their own self-talk, or some demonic counterfeit of God's voice, as they encounter the words of God from the objective, authoritative source that is Scripture.

"I chose to believe from God." On what basis? The woman offers no solid biblical ground for her belief in what she thinks she heard from God; she simply decided she would believe it. This is nutty logic and kooky spiritual living! "There is a way that seems right to a man (or woman) but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12; 16:25)

"You are going to get in life exactly what you expect." Not hardly! On its face, this is patently false. Anyone who has reached the age of fifty can tell you this is a ridiculous statement. Will a deaf man become a concert pianist, if he persistently expects to be one? Will a guy with dwarfism play in the NBA, if he simply thinks hard enough that he can? Will a paraplegic win the Olympic 100-meter sprint if he thinks with sufficient determination that he can? Obviously not.

"Whatever gets in your mind and stays there, you will attract it in your life. Positively and negatively." At this point, Terri flatly states that she is teaching the pagan, New Age idea of "Law of Attraction." She immediately confuses it with the biblical principle of reaping what one sows (Galatians 6:7-8; 2 Corinthians 9:6), talking of people who sow negative attitudes about themselves in others, who then reap a harvest of the same in the them.

Terri goes on to establish the idea of the "Law of Attraction" by way of immigrant folk who become millionaires because they see America as "a land of opportunity." She is subtly locating life-shaping power in the individual's thinking rather than in God. I wonder if Terri thinks the apostle Paul's suffering for Christ and the Gospel was simply a result of Paul's own bad thinking drawing to himself the suffering he endured. Maybe she thinks the apostle John was boiled in oil and then exiled to Patmos because he attracted such pain and suffering to himself through his own bad expectations. Perhaps Jesus died on the cross only because he anticipated he'd die on it? Not an unreasonable conclusion, under Terri's "Law of Attraction" doctrine.

Terri, being a very poor spokeswoman for God's truth continues, badly mishandling a verse from Proverbs and making it the ground for her version of the "Law of Attraction." Here's the verse in its immediate context:

7 For as he thinks within himself, so he is. He says to you, "Eat and drink!" But his heart is not with you.

Solomon is not suggesting a "Law of Attraction" here, but is warning folks that a selfish man is duplicitous, giving others a false impression of his attitude toward them. The selfish man urges his guests to eat and drink but in his heart resents them. What the selfish man really thinks of his guests is not revealed in what he says. This is the meaning of Proverbs 23:7, not that a person can attract a certain life-outcome by means of thinking on it persistently.

I've only listened, at this point, to 4:28 of the video and have collected all of these false teachings already. Surely, this is enough, though, to warrant dismissing her as a serious teacher of God's truth. Really, she's an unabashed false teacher, no matter how "cutesy" she seems.
I repeat....
I think we need a protestant Pope.

Does her teachings fit with the teachings of the Bible?

This is what some need.

But seriously, where is the line drawn?
Should it be drawn?

Not sure what you're talking about here...

The Bible draws the lines for us, right? God in His word says this far and no farther; He says this is true, that is false; He says in Scripture, this moral, that is immoral, and so on.

Not sure what you're talking about here...

The Bible draws the lines for us, right? God in His word says this far and no farther; He says this is true, that is false; He says in Scripture, this moral, that is immoral, and so on.
I listened to her for a few minutes like you did.
I couldn't take it for more than that amount of time.

I think of what Jesus went through those 3 years and His death,
what the Apostles went through, the martyrs. Persons that died for what they believed.

Maybe preaching should be more serious?
Maybe it shouldn't be a music festival?
Maybe the latest women's fashion shouldn't be part of it - although I do like the latest fashions.

I don't know.
I'm just asking....
Any thoughts?

Ugh. Awful.

THIS ^^^^

Atrocious psycho babble....shut this off and read your bible. Stop looking for slick story tellers who are in direct rebellion to what God has declared. her father was a false teaching heretic also. The apple has not fallen far from the tree.

I listened to her for a few minutes like you did.
I couldn't take it for more than that amount of time.

I think of what Jesus went through those 3 years and His death,
what the Apostles went through, the martyrs. Persons that died for what they believed.

Maybe preaching should be more serious?
Maybe it shouldn't be a music festival?
Maybe the latest women's fashion shouldn't be part of it - although I do like the latest fashions.

I don't know.
I'm just asking....
Any thoughts?

I think modern Christians have taken up a very...distorted (which is to say, unbiblical) understanding of the Christian faith. Much of this arises from a many-decades-long juvenilization of the average, Christian lay-person in the West, and a corresponding, ever-enlarging investment of trust in the biblical knowledge and spiritual wisdom of the "expert," the "professional Christian" with degrees after his/her name. More and more they are depended upon to tell the increasingly doctrinally and spiritually-ignorant lay-person what the truth is about their faith. But because the spiritually-juvenile believer is so juvenile, so ignorant of the doctrines, the divine Truth, that shape their faith, they have become incapable of right judgment concerning which "expert" to trust. And so, for many believers these days, the mere appearance of expertise is enough to gain their attention and acceptance. Put a false teacher like Terri on a stage, well-dressed, smiling, encouraging, a writer of books, and a popular speaker, and it's assumed by many Christians that she's "got the goods" spiritually, that she's an expert on matters spiritual. Why else would she be on the stage? But, as you and I have observed in the video that started this thread, she's no such thing, but is, in fact, expert only in the promotion of herself and false doctrine.

The terrible thing is, though, that the more the Church becomes like the World, the less value it has to those in the World. What can the worldly Church offer when it is just reflecting the World to those who are well-steeped in the World and looking for a way out of it? Nothing. Worldly "spirituality" can be found in a yoga class, or New Age mysticism, or Wicca, or any number of other alternative secular "spiritualities." And so, the person looking for God, for the Life and Light of Christ, but finding in the Church "spiritual experts" like Terri, rightly dismiss Christianity as worth pursuing.

Thoughts?

Atrocious psycho babble....shut this off and read your bible. Stop looking for slick story tellers who are in direct rebellion to what God has declared. her father was a false teaching heretic also. The apple has not fallen far from the tree.
Jerry Savelle is her father. Jerry got his teaching from Kenneth Copeland. Kenneth is part of the word of faith moment. I dont really like new moments. They usually have red flags.

Kenneth taught the prosperity gospel.

Kenneth also wanted people to still give him money even if they lost there job in the covid pandemic. Sounds like its prosperity for them.

Just noticing this thread, and I LOVE this, Lol.

Let me first qualify what I am going to say. I've never heard her before, but apparently she's the daughter of Jerry Savelle, who I am familiar with. The Faith Movement went to many extremes, and depending on the teacher they got very badly out of balance with the full counsel of God, i.e. the full compliment of New Testament teaching.

HOWEVER, and I'm capitalizing that for a reason, principles like the one she is teaching are actually VITAL to the life of a true Spirit-Filled believer. If we are ever going to fulfill the will of God for our lives and be more than just some ordinary, largely useless souls who do little to nothing for the kingdom of God, we are going to have to start believing Him for MUCH greater things than the natural mind will have faith for. And it takes persistence in believing, and patience, and keeping one's eyes and ears open to seeing and hearing what He would ultimately have for us. This is how operating in the greater callings is even made possible, because without faith it is impossible to please God. We must let go, and as you say, "Let God."

I can't tell you how much you are on the right track with that. It is the ONLY proper approach to the things of God, and unfortunately something not everyone is able to learn. Many close themselves off, being too afraid, or too doubtful, or fearing that the dream they have is just their dream and not God's dream for them. But if it is truly God leading them and directing their path, that whole doubtful line of thinking becomes just a flying load of codswaddle.

Don't Stop Believing.

It's the difference between greatness and a life of mediocrity.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Last edited:

For goodness sake. Tenchi, not three weeks ago you were posting a thread on "The Me I See Is The Me I Will Be."

You were very clearly teaching visualization here, yet unwilling to admit it even when your own thread title was practically screaming it. This is pure Faith teaching right out of the Book from the very people you are now saying are "New Age" and "demonic."

I'm gonna tell it to you straight here, brother. Your spiritual perception is still in the tank at this point in your life and you are exceedingly fleshly in your judgments. The evidence is clear in how you are essentially pointing the finger at YOURSELF with your own comments, and your spiritual eyesight is so dim you don't even realize it.

I'm not saying these things because I dislike you or disrespect you or am angry with you. I've seen a number of people like you over the years, and their lack of spiritual sight is something that only they themselves often end up paying for.

I know exactly what you're going to do now, so give me your anticipated defense of how your position differs night and day from the OP. I've already heard it before you even said it. Just understand that you are seriously missing God here, Tenchi, and if you keep pointing the finger at others like you are doing in this thread, you are going to be judged by your own words some day.

God bless,
- H

This is pure Faith teaching right out of the Book from the very people you are now saying are "New Age" and "demonic."
Demonic? I think of Church of Satan. I cant say there teaching in the video Savelle's would be 100% false. Sure there are good things.

I already read about Jesus. His disciples continued a "New age" for him. Thats the only new I need. I dont see why thats not good enough?

Demonic? I think of Church of Satan. I cant say there teaching in the video Savelle's would be 100% false. Sure there are good things.

I already read about Jesus. His disciples continued a "New age" for him. Thats the only new I need. I dont see why thats not good enough?

There are a few similarities between how occultists operate in the demonic use of magick and how Christians operate in faith. The primary difference is in the source of spiritual power both driving and inspiring what will be made manifest. A Christian must have faith for God to move. The fact that many did not believe in Jesus in his home town is why He could not do many miracles there (Mathew 13:58). The occult magician meanwhile cannot execute magick in the earth unless he focuses his will in the use of it. This is why Aliester Crowley's school of magick was called "Thelema," or use of "The Will." Only the way it worked in Thelema was that you received "divine" inspiration from demonic spirits and then manifested those demon's power through the use of magick. In Christianity, the believer is supposed to receive inspiration from the Spirit of God and then manifest God's power by believing that He will, not because of some occultic mumbo jumbo but because he knows what God's will is and speaks it or acts upon it. Hence why Moses motioned with his staff and the entire Red Sea parted supernaturally, or why he struck rocks with it and out gushed enough water to feed 2 million people with it in a desert.

The problem today is as I have stated recently in another thread. Many Christians do NOT walk in anything resembling faith in God to move supernaturally, so the whole realm of operating in such things gets handed over to the Devil, and relegated to Satan's crowd, as if their god is the only one who can actually do anything anymore.

It's a lie, inspired by the Devil himself, and is having its intended effect.

Last edited:
You were very clearly teaching visualization here, yet unwilling to admit it even when your own thread title was practically screaming it.

Nope. Strawman. And the fact that I wrote what I did in this thread should further confirm to you that, however much you want to think I was espousing "visualization," I wasn't.

This is pure Faith teaching right out of the Book from the very people you are now saying are "New Age" and "demonic."

Nope.

I'm gonna tell it to you straight here, brother. Your spiritual perception is still in the tank at this point in your life and you are exceedingly fleshly in your judgments.

Uh huh. Well, you're entitled to your opinion - however awry it may be.

The evidence is clear in how you are essentially pointing the finger at YOURSELF with your own comments, and your spiritual eyesight is so dim you don't even realize it.

Why don't you discuss the content of my ideas and beliefs rather than engaging in ad hominem? Do you think personal attacks actually strengthen your side of things? Goodness. You're just making yourself look bad.

I'm not saying these things because I dislike you or disrespect you or am angry with you. I've seen a number of people like you over the years, and their lack of spiritual sight is something that only they themselves often end up paying for.

Project much? Yikes.

I know exactly what you're going to do now, so give me your anticipated defense of how your position differs night and day from the OP. I've already heard it before you even said it. Just understand that you are seriously missing God here, Tenchi, and if you keep pointing the finger at others like you are doing in this thread, you are going to be judged by your own words some day.

Uh huh.

It's amazing to me that you seem to think personal attacks, threats and dismissive "I've heard it all before" remarks somehow constitute a reasoned argument for your views. They don't. Wow.

Back