Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christs Death Makes Alive

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
Many these days unfortunately dont really understand the ramifications of the Death of Christ and what it actually earned or obtained for Spiritually Dead sinners. It earned for them He died, Life, Spiritual Life.

Jesus said of His mission Jn 10:9-11

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[The Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

The abundant life comes to the Sheep, that He gives His Life for. The abundant Life for the Sheep is nothing less than Spiritual and Eternal Life combined.

Jesus said on one occasion Jn 6:51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

His flesh here is His Death and or life, which He will give FOR hyper [In behalf of] For someone's benefit and interest
the life of the world.

The world here will be made alive out of His Death. Jesus is saying, Im giving myself in death and in exchange life and it more abundantly shall be given to the world, the world of His Sheep Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Also Jesus words in Jn 6:33 show how His death will make people alive

33 For the bread of God[Jesus Himself] is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Giveth Life here means to make alive, To furnish with life

and this Life lasts forever Vs 51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

His death is the catalyst that advances these results.

2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Many misuse this passage to teach that Jesus Christ died for everyone or all without exception. This passage is actually setting forth the blessed truth that the all He did die for, they died with Him, and they are made alive in order to not live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

They are His Seed, that they would serve Him Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

2 Cor 5:15 could read
And that he died for all, that they which are made alive should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again

He died for all His Church to make them alive. He died to restore them to life, from the sentence of death in adam, this He accomplished by dying for them and rising again from the dead.

Back