Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CLASS 1 QUIZ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jim Parker

Bible 101 Class 1 Quiz

This is for your own review. Rather than “cut and paste” the answers, answer in your own words. It will be easier to remember that way.
Lesson 1A
When were the scriptures written?

In what languages were they written?

What was the culture of the writers?

When were the chapters and verses added to the Bible?

Why were the chapters and verses added to the Bible?

What is the Bible?

What type of communication is the Bible?

Name one type of literature found in the Bible.

What is the purpose of a “Myth”?

Lesson 1B

Name 4 more types of literature found in the Bible.

How is Apocalyptic prophesy different from other prophecy?

Give an example of a figure of speech used in the Bible.

What are the 6 parts of a Vassal - Suzerain Treaty? (sounds like: Sue - zher - rain)

In the Old Covenant (the Law of Moses), who is the Vassal and who is the Suzerain?

What great deeds did the Suzerain do for His vassal?

How many stipulations are there in the Old Covenant?

Who are the divine witnesses of the Old Covenant?

Where does the Bible list the blessings and curses of the Old Testament?

Lesson 1C

How are genealogies used in the Bible? (especially in Genesis)

What are the two primary types of literature in the New Testament?

Which were written first, letters or Gospels?

What were the reasons or themes of the following letters from Paul?

Romans

1 & 2 Corinthians

Galatians

Ephesians

Philippians

Colossians

Lesson 1D

What were the reasons for or themes of the following letters from Paul?

1 & 2 Thessalonians

1 & 2 Timothy and Titus

Are we certain who wrote Hebrews?

What does Hebrews talk about?
(That’s an “anthropomorphism”, by the way. Letters don’t actually talk like people do.)

What is the major theme in James?

What is the major theme of I Peter?

What does 2 Peter talk about?

What are John’s 3 letters mostly about?

What is the literary convention found in Jude?

What is Polemic?

What kind of writing do we find in the Apocalypse?

How does it differ from other kinds of prophecy?

Alright, so I was working on making notes for this quiz all last night and I didn't get everything but I am doing the best to my ability on this. :yes Here are all my answers and I don't understand the full extent of a lot of them but like I said I did at least try. I'm really curious to see how I did too.

1. In about 1500 B.C

2. Hebrew

3. Bronze age, Iron age, Near eastern, pre-scientific, agricultural

4. The sixteenth century

5. To help the reader find passages

6. (I am just going to put what it means to me as I forgot what was written) The Bible is a means of communication between God and His children.

7. The type of communication the Bible uses is literature.

8. History is a type of literature in the Bible. (sorry, it's the only one I got and understood unless you count gospel and letters)

9. A myth explains a historical event.

(I skipped some questions so I apologize if I'm not going to be going in order anymore)

10. An Apocalyptic Prophesy is different from other prophesies in the sense that it speaks of the end of times and Christ's return.

11. Genealogies are used in the Bible so that they can easily transfer from one stage to another.

12. Gospel and letters were the two primary types of literature used in the Bible.

13. Romans: The introduction of Paul.

14. First and second Corinthians: How incest is forbidden.

15. Ephesians; The purpose of the trinity

16. Philippians: How to receive eternal Salvation.

17. Colossians: Gnosticism

18. First and second Thessalonians: leading a holy life

19. First and second Timothy and Titus: A list of instructions of how to conduct the affairs of the church.

20. James: True faith is demonstrated by good works.

21. First Peter: (I mixed these two up before so hopefully I am reading my notes correctly) Rejoicing in the shared sufferings of Christ.

22. Second Peter: Comparing knowledge with false knowledge.

23. John: Maintaining our communion (which I do believe means a relationship using context clues) with God.

24. Jude: Attack against ungodly men.

25. Polemic: A strong verbal or written attack.

26: (oh yeah and sorry I forgot about this one) A metaphor is a type of speech used in the Bible.

27: Umm,.. Apocalypse is considered prophetical writing?? (coming of Jesus) I think that's correct.

1. In about 1500 B.C
When were the scriptures written? From about 1500 BC to about 90AD
Moses is traditionally the author of the Torah (1st five books - also called the Pentateuch and the Book of Moses)
The last of the New Testament was written around 90 AD.
2. Hebrew
In what languages were they written? Hebrew, Chaldean, and Greek
4. The sixteenth century
5. To help the reader find passages
6. (I am just going to put what it means to me as I forgot what was written) The Bible is a means of communication between God and His children.
7. The type of communication the Bible uses is literature.
8. History is a type of literature in the Bible. (sorry, it's the only one I got and understood unless you count gospel and letters)
9. A myth explains a historical event.
Right, right, right, right, right, and right.
10. An Apocalyptic Prophesy is different from other prophesies in the sense that it speaks of the end of times and Christ's return.
The primary difference is that Apocalyptic is much more symbolic than other kinds of prophesy.
And, because it deals with the end time triumph of Good over evil, it does speak of Christ's return.
11. Genealogies are used in the Bible so that they can easily transfer from one stage to another.
12. Gospel and letters were the two primary types of literature used in the Bible.
Right and right
13. Romans: The introduction of Paul.
And his teaching.
14. First and second Corinthians: How incest is forbidden.
ALso "These letters are sent to the Corinthian church to chasten them for the divisions that they have allowed to arise within the congregation."

15. Ephesians; The purpose of the trinity
This letter contains doctrine concerning the work of the Trinity in salvation, the blessings of Christ to the church; our proper response to God’s grace; and God’s strength for spiritual warfare.
16. Philippians: How to receive eternal Salvation.
Very close.
The major theme of this letter is that salvation is a dynamic, ongoing experience that is not merely personal, but shared among believers.
This means that salvation is not just a single event. It is a life long process of following Jesus and working to be more like Him.
17. Colossians: Gnosticism
Close again.
It contains warnings not to allow Gnosticism to contaminate the pure Gospel.
It also makes it very clear that Jesus is God in person.
18. First and second Thessalonians: leading a holy life
Yes.
It also tells them that the resurrection has not yet happened (as some people were saying) and that it will happen when Jesus comes again.
19. First and second Timothy and Titus: A list of instructions of how to conduct the affairs of the church.
20. James: True faith is demonstrated by good works.
21. First Peter: (I mixed these two up before so hopefully I am reading my notes correctly) Rejoicing in the shared sufferings of Christ.
22. Second Peter: Comparing knowledge with false knowledge.
23. John: Maintaining our communion (which I do believe means a relationship using context clues) with God.
24. Jude: Attack against ungodly men.
25. Polemic: A strong verbal or written attack.
Right, right, right, right, right, right, and right.
26: (oh yeah and sorry I forgot about this one) A metaphor is a type of speech used in the Bible.
Right.
An example is; "That guy is a chicken."
He's not really a chicken but he's LIKE a chicken because he runs away.
27: Umm,.. Apocalypse is considered prophetical writing?? (coming of Jesus) I think that's correct.
The Apocalypse has mostly very symbolic writing which is difficult to understand.

Good job!

jim parker

When were the scriptures written? From about 1500 BC to about 90AD
Moses is traditionally the author of the Torah (1st five books - also called the Pentateuch and the Book of Moses)
The last of the New Testament was written around 90 AD.

In what languages were they written? Hebrew, Chaldean, and Greek

Right, right, right, right, right, and right.

The primary difference is that Apocalyptic is much more symbolic than other kinds of prophesy.
And, because it deals with the end time triumph of Good over evil, it does speak of Christ's return.

Right and right

And his teaching.

ALso "These letters are sent to the Corinthian church to chasten them for the divisions that they have allowed to arise within the congregation."

This letter contains doctrine concerning the work of the Trinity in salvation, the blessings of Christ to the church; our proper response to God’s grace; and God’s strength for spiritual warfare.

Very close.
The major theme of this letter is that salvation is a dynamic, ongoing experience that is not merely personal, but shared among believers.
This means that salvation is not just a single event. It is a life long process of following Jesus and working to be more like Him.

Close again.
It contains warnings not to allow Gnosticism to contaminate the pure Gospel.
It also makes it very clear that Jesus is God in person.

Yes.
It also tells them that the resurrection has not yet happened (as some people were saying) and that it will happen when Jesus comes again.

Right, right, right, right, right, right, and right.

Right.
An example is; "That guy is a chicken."
He's not really a chicken but he's LIKE a chicken because he runs away.

The Apocalypse has mostly very symbolic writing which is difficult to understand.

Good job!

jim parker

Thank you so much! I feel really proud of myself right now because I worked extremely hard on all of that even though it was a bit difficult for me. :) By the way, this is for you,.. you deserved it. :biggrin

pexels-photo-39803.jpg

Last edited:
Back