Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Cleaning the forum

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Atonement

Okay guys and gals, boys and girls. I'm goig to clean up the forum today. You will notice that many threads will be locked and sent to the dead threads. We have to many topics on the same subject and I've let it go on long enough. Please understand no favoritism will be shown. I will also send some of my threads that way also, along with some other MODS threads. Just a heads up when you come back here, things may look different..

:smt023

We didn't see daddy Atone around so we made a mess :oops:

But if you find any popcorn in the forum, I tell ya it was jg and he made us eat it on the threads. :x :tongue

welcome back :-D

Atonement said:
Okay guys and gals, boys and girls. I'm goig to clean up the forum today. You will notice that many threads will be locked and sent to the dead threads. We have to many topics on the same subject and I've let it go on long enough. Please understand no favoritism will be shown. I will also send some of my threads that way also, along with some other MODS threads. Just a heads up when you come back here, things may look different..

Hi Atonement,
So thats why I can't find 2 of the threads I was actively posting in.

Since when were these threads dead? Seems to me like favouritism has been shown.

CP_Mike said:
Hi Atonement,
So thats why I can't find 2 of the threads I was actively posting in.

Since when were these threads dead? Seems to me like favouritism has been shown.

CP
Did you not read Atones post? I too got my threads closed down and you don't see me crying about it. Grow up already.

I've been away for awhile and haven’t had time to visit lately, but I'm a bit concerned as to what I’ll be coming back to when I finally get the chance to spend some quality time on here again.

Atone,
What is the future of this forum as you mold to a particular preference. What exactly is the vision you are trying to achieve for this forum?

oscar3 said:
CP
Did you not read Atones post? I too got my threads closed down and you don't see me crying about it. Grow up already.
Oscar,
You will be in my prayers… In the meantime, enjoy these passages from Colossians.

3:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, 3:13 bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if someone happens to have a complaint against anyone else. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also forgive others. 3:14 And to all these virtues add love, which is the perfect bond. 3:15 Let the peace of Christ be in control in your heart (for you were in fact called as one body to this peace), and be thankful. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and exhorting one another with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, all with grace in your hearts to God. 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Moderators:

Please justify the locking of the following threads:

"Biblical Anthropology"
"You are of Your Father the Devil"

Please make reference to violations of the TOS. I would point out that a thread on the topic of the nature of the human person is not a thread on annihilationism - and the OP has made this clear.

The second thread explores a sensitive but important issue and does not in any way violate the TOS. There has been no abusive behaviour in that thread. Why was it locked?

I can only hope and assume that it is due to Atonements desire to 'clean house' a bit. I don't recall threads being locked as part of this process, usually they are just amalgamated or deleted.

Perhaps Atonement can share some light on the subject?

Fellas
Why don't you simply start new threads. If you read what Atonement said, there was to many duplicate threads. Nobody got singled out.

Stovebolts. Thank you for your prayers. I could really use them. Coming from someone who believes in works e.g. (must be baptised to be saved) it means alot to me. Really it does. :wink:

I stated my reasons in my OP therefore no clarity needs to be discussed. It was my decision to move the threads and I moved them over there.

BTW: What is done is done, there will be no compromise on my actions.

So you want rules: How about this one..

Editing and deleting of posts is at the discretion of the Mods and Admins.

Atonement said:
I stated my reasons in my OP therefore no clarity needs to be discussed. It was my decision to move the threads and I moved them over there.

BTW: What is done is done, there will be no compromise on my actions.

Hi Atonement,
I can understand duplicate threads, but the anthropology thread was purely on anthropology.

I still maintain you censored the thread, because you disagreed with it.

There is compromise on your part, because there was no breach of the TOS.

We still await specific reasons for the deletion of the following threads:

"Biblical Anthropology"
"You are of your Father the Devil"

How, precisely, did these threads violate the TOS?

Drew said:
We still await specific reasons for the deletion of the following threads:

"Biblical Anthropology"
"You are of your Father the Devil"

How, precisely, did these threads violate the TOS?

I believe that Atonement is a law unto himself. WE are the life-blood of forums such as this and we should not have to tolerate this abuse of power play. A number of posters went to great lengths to compose and post their comments only to have had them 'hanging in the air' ...now deleted. Enough said . . .

Atonement said:
So you want rules: How about this one..

Editing and deleting of posts is at the discretion of the Mods and Admins.

So you are the censor of the board.

You disgust me that you decide to stop an interesting and active thread, just because you did not like it and the way it was going.

Is this now the way things will be on the forum?

Guys ''ENOUGH ALREADY''

Whats done is done and all this complaining and questioning a mod is only going to get a warning issued to you, and basically three strikes and you are out.....

In case you did not notice, many of my threads got the boot as well and I was especally fond of ''the thief on the cross''.

I am simply going start a new thread on the subject and since it will be my thread, I will set the rules of the thread and keep it on track.

I suggest you do the same for ''your threads'' and if people want to participate in them, you can make sure they stay on track. E.G. If you start a thread on the soul and it goes to spirit , well thats ok it is on topic. But if someone comes in and tries to derail the thread by speaking of say homosexuality in your soul thread, simply ask the poster to delete his post as it will be off topic. If he does not delete it, then send a PM to the forum mod in charge and ask him/her to look at it. If it is off topic then the mod can delete it and send a freindly warning to the poster to stay on topic.

By doing it this way, its our hope and prayer that ''more'' people will particiapte in these talks. Right now, in the research I have done via e mail and PM, many members do not participate because many things get ugly.
Most people are not confrontational.

So its not about sensoring anyone specifically. It would be easier to simply ban this person or persons.

Drew, restart your thread.

Cp restart your thread.

jgredline restart your thread

Oscar3 restart your thread

Solo retsart your thread

Any one start a thread

or threads (plural)

The more threads with ''different'' topics the better. So before you start a new thread, look around and make sure there is not another duplicate thread or the one that was posted later will get locked or deleted....

Post away....

Just make sure as thread starters to patrol them and keep them on track.

blessings and post away

jgredline said:
Just make sure as thread starters to patrol them and keep them on track.

blessings and post away

Responsibility?
ura1.gif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back