Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Couple more thoughts

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have a couple more thoughts and would like to run them by you guys and get your opinion. The more opinions I get, the more I can learn different points of view and see if it matches up with God's word. Therefore, I encourage everyone to please post a reply.

My first thought and question are should I ask for forgiveness for Satan? In the word, it says to forgive your trespassers as well. Seeing how Satan is the one putting evil thoughts on our minds, should we forgive him?

Secondly, would Satan ever put in our mind to ask God for forgiveness for certain things or to thank him? I had a thought earlier while I was making breakfast and it told me to thank God for the wonderful people here that replied to my post about if I should repent before asking God for forgiveness. I did, but after, I had a thought and asked myself if it was God or not. I do not see why Satan would EVER place an idea to thank God or to ask him for forgiveness for my past sins.

I am looking forward to seeing the replies I get to this post. Thank you guys in advance

My first thought and question are should I ask for forgiveness for Satan? In the word, it says to forgive your trespassers as well. Seeing how Satan is the one putting evil thoughts on our minds, should we forgive him?
I don't see anything wrong with those notion. Praying for our enemies is something we definitely are able to do :biggrin Although, as far as I see in The Holy Bible, Satan has made his choice and glorifies in evil.

Secondly, would Satan ever put in our mind to ask God for forgiveness for certain things or to thank him?
No, I don't believe so. Satan delights in the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) and wants to deceive people into believing that's the safest course. God wants us to be of the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-26). Satan will give you whatever you need to stay astray.

Last edited:
Seeing how Satan is the one putting evil thoughts on our minds, should we forgive him?
The truth doesn't exist in Satan. He is the father of lies. He can be nothing else so forgiving him would be pointless.

But we are called to draw near to God and resist the devil. If we do both, our enemy will have no direct power over us, although he can work against us in various ways.

We must remember that it is our standing in Christ and His authority in us that together overcome our enemy. Christ came to destroy the works of the enemy (see 1st John 3:8). Generally the devil doesn't deserve our attention unless he is attacking us in an effort to frustrate God's work through the Church and disrupt our personal growth in Christ.

We are personally responsible before God for thoughts that are contrary to His character and holiness. We shouldn't blame the devil. When we are tempted we are drawn away by our own desires (see James 1:13, 14).

Whatever comes from within, the evil thoughts that originate in our hearts, will defile us:

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man” (Mark 7:20-23).

These are our thoughts and intentions. We are responsible for them. In our guilt we can come to God through Christ and find forgiveness for our sinful actions and thoughts:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1st John 1:9).

Last edited:
Although I'm sure that our Father was deeply grieved over the rebellion of His angels, I believe that He settled this question in my heart long ago.
Jesus died to save men, not angels. Angels are another creation that does not directly concern me. Fallen angels and demons will be tossed into the lake of fire...period.
Satan is pure evil and is set against God and His ways. Satan is a liar and a murderer.
God told Adam and Eve that if they ate fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they would die. Satan came along and lied by telling Eve that she would not die if she ate this fruit. We know what happened.
I can guarantee you that somewhere in the world today, a child will be terrified, brutally raped, and then murdered, as a sacrifice on the alter of Satan. This is who our enemy is.

The truth doesn't exist in Satan. He is the father of lies. He can be nothing else so forgiving him would be pointless.

But we are called to draw near to God and resist the devil. If we do both, our enemy will have no direct power over us, although he can work against us in various ways.

We must remember that it is our standing in Christ and His authority in us that together overcome our enemy. Christ came to destroy the works of the enemy (see 1st John 3:8). Generally the devil doesn't deserve our attention unless he is attacking us in an effort to frustrate God's work through the Church and disrupt our personal growth in Christ.

We are personally responsible before God for thoughts that are contrary to His character and holiness. We shouldn't blame the devil. When we are tempted we are drawn away by our own desires (see James 1:13, 14).

Whatever comes from within, the evil thoughts that originate in our hearts, will defile us:

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man” (Mark 7:20-23).

These are our thoughts and intentions. We are responsible for them. In our guilt we can come to God through Christ and find forgiveness for our sinful actions and thoughts:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1st John 1:9).
sushilp3585

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
The devil is doing just what he was created to do prove
Gods people.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (God is merciful he will never allow the devil to temp you above which you are able!)

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Evil)

should I ask for forgiveness for Satan?

Can you forgive your brothers crimes against the state?
Literally, your brother ( or another close relative ) has committed murder. Can you absolve him of that crime, instead of him going to court etc?

In the same way you cannot pray for the forgiveness of another persons sins.
Forgiveness Always starts with repentance.
No repentance, God does not forgive.

Can you forgive your brothers crimes against the state?
Literally, your brother ( or another close relative ) has committed murder. Can you absolve him of that crime, instead of him going to court etc?

In the same way you cannot pray for the forgiveness of another persons sins.
Forgiveness Always starts with repentance.
No repentance, God does not forgive.
then why do we forgive our enemies? isn't satan our enemy?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
The devil is doing just what he was created to do prove
Gods people.

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other;
I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the LORD, do all these things.’
Isaiah 45:5-7

Satan wasn’t created. Lucifer became Satan, God’s enemy, because of his iniquity.

Lucifer was created by God and he was perfect in his ways, full of wisdom and beauty… till iniquity was found in Hm.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you. Ezekiel 28:15

JLB

I have a couple more thoughts and would like to run them by you guys and get your opinion. The more opinions I get, the more I can learn different points of view and see if it matches up with God's word. Therefore, I encourage everyone to please post a reply.

Secondly, would Satan ever put in our mind to ask God for forgiveness for certain things or to thank him? I had a thought earlier while I was making breakfast and it told me to thank God for the wonderful people here that replied to my post about if I should repent before asking God for forgiveness. I did, but after, I had a thought and asked myself if it was God or not. I do not see why Satan would EVER place an idea to thank God or to ask him for forgiveness for my past sins.

I am looking forward to seeing the replies I get to this post. Thank you guys in advance
the devil and his angels are already condemned
so the answer is NO . instead pray for the living , while they still have a chance .

then why do we forgive our enemies? isn't satan our enemy?

Get your ideas from the bible.
God only forgives those who repent. We copy God.
If someone offends/sins against you and they do not say sorry. Then you do not have to forgive them, instead you copy Jesus on the cross who did not forgive those who crucified him.
Instead like Jesus we hand the people, the situation, our feelings etc over to God for him to deal with. Then we pray intelligently for those who offended/sinned against you.

The dvil has not repented and the bible shows that he will not.
By all means pray for the salvation of those around you who are not Christian.

Of course not, Satan is the one oppressing you, me and our families, ad everyone all over the world. He hates us and he hates God with a passion never seen before. Every evil that occurs in this world was made by satan and his forces using people to do damage to themselves and us (humans) and God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back