Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Cowboy fossil foot

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually, under some conditions, organic material can be rapidly calcified. This is different than the process of fossilization, however. The material of the boot is still there, for example, while the living substance of calcified fossils has been removed and slowly replaced by mineral.

The Barbarian said:
Actually, under some conditions, organic material can be rapidly calcified. This is different than the process of fossilization, however. The material of the boot is still there, for example, while the living substance of calcified fossils has been removed and slowly replaced by mineral.
Felt the need to post a useless comment? Here let me post a useless comment in conjunction with yours. "Rainbow beams could have kept his boots soft to keep them from falling apart." Seriously are you guys that close minded to throw simpltin things like that up? A mans foot has turned to fossilized rock in less then 250 years. Lieing in a creek bed. WATER must have accelerated the changing of bone to rock. Who wants to disagree?

Actually, in the case of amber, fossilization can occur even faster, in less than a decade.

The point is, the calcification of the boot is quite different than longer processes, in which the material is slowly replaced by minerals, not just mineralized by accretion.

The point is that the mans foot is now rock. Which imples fossils do not take millions of years. thanks.

The point is that the mans foot is now rock.

All the information I get is that the bones are still calcium phosphate, which is what they were when he was alive. The boot is still leather, albeit infused with calcium between the leather fibers.

Which imples fossils do not take millions of years.

Some don't. As I said, amber fossils can form in decades. But mineral replacement, such as we find in dinosaur fossils, takes millions of years.

You're welcome.

Your name fits you well with your mind set. And you follow in with your believe in evolution and such by beating around the bush on this topic. Amber is not included in this report. It is a bone from a human being. Not Amber or any other material you wish to quote and jump around the bush on. A mans bone fossilized into rock.

Your name fits you well with your mind set.

I got it when I was debating a particularly bumptious atheist, who told me that I had no idea how "barbaric" a religion Christianity is. So I became on a board mostly composed of atheists, "The Barbarian." He wasn't amused.

And you follow in with your believe in evolution

I believe in God. For science, evidence is necessary.

Amber is not included in this report.

It is, nevertheless, an example of rapid fossilization. Calcification can also happen rapidly. But replacement mineralization takes a lot longer.

It is a bone from a human being. Not Amber or any other material you wish to quote and jump around the bush on. A mans bone fossilized into rock.

Technically, a bone is already rock. Calcium phosphate, to be exact. Now, if the bone and all the organic material had been replaced by calcium carbonate, that would have been something amazing. That takes millions of years.

The Barbarian said:
Technically, a bone is already rock. Calcium phosphate, to be exact. Now, if the bone and all the organic material had been replaced by calcium carbonate, that would have been something amazing. That takes millions of years.
Beating around the bush talk.

Sorry for assuming you were Atheist. The way you think lead me to think that.

The Barbarian said:

Sorry for assuming you were Atheist. The way you think lead me to believe that.

Barbarian observes:

Nope. Data. If you want to argue about science, you better be prepared. Else you're easy prey for scams like this one.

Sorry for assuming you were Atheist. The way you think lead me to believe that.

Sorry for assuming you were not a Christian. For the same reason.

The Barbarian said:
Barbarian observes:

You are one funny guy. Bones already being rocks, I guess thats why they make blood in our bone marrow because they are rocks, lol. Are bones are no where near like rocks when we are alive or we'd almost never break them and we would have no source of blood. I trust the site link, and sorry your so biased.

You are one funny guy. Bones already being rocks,

Right. Calcium phosphate. There are inorganic calcium phosphate rocks, too.

I guess thats why they make blood in our bone marrow because they are rocks, lol.

Nope. And if you can show me that the organic material in that bone was replaced by mineral, that would be something of interest. But the bone is still bone, and no mineral replacement has occured. How could it, in so short a time?

Are bones are no where near like rocks when we are alive or we'd almost never break them and we would have no source of blood.

Actually, bones are stronger than rocks of equivalent size and weight, because they are composites of rock and organic material.

I trust the site link,

That is how they fooled you.

and sorry your so biased.

I'm pretty hard on sites without evidence. Show me the calcium phosphate in the bone was replaced by calcium carbonate, and then we'll talk.

Barbarian your an expert on life aren't you. I remember the teacher saying the leg rock is connected to the foot rock. You are one misguided individual.

Whats the leg bone connected too? The foot or the rock? Thanks, just because certain minerials are present in something doesn't give it the broad title of rock or anything of that nature. Hey you have eye's and birds have eye's so you must be a bird. That pretty much sums up ur view point. Well I have iron in my blood and there are iron deposits in the world. So my blood is iron and not blood. Your thought process is so spun around you don't know which correct way is str8.

Barbarian your an expert on life aren't you.

Some large universities thought so.

I remember the teacher saying the leg rock is connected to the foot rock. You are one misguided individual.

You can look it up, if you like. Bones are primarily calcium phosphate. The point, of course, is that if you find a bone, and it's still calcium phosphate, it's not yet fossilized.

Hey you have eye's and birds have eye's so you must be a bird.

You know, I've met creationists, who actually think that's evolutionary theory. Amazing.

The Barbarian said:
You know, I've met creationists, who actually think that's evolutionary theory. Amazing.
Yea, and I've met some silly evolution followers that buy into the earth being billions of years old and humans coming from a single celled organism that evolved over billions of years.
The Barbarian said:
You can look it up, if you like. Bones are primarily calcium phosphate. The point, of course, is that if you find a bone, and it's still calcium phosphate, it's not yet fossilized.

The article never brings up calcium phosphate. Calcium simply gives it the ability to fossilize over time. Basicly all calcium does is help the preserving process and forming of bone into rock. IT does not constitute that the bone already is a rock.

As I said, show me it actually was fossilized, and not just bone with chemical rock accretion, and then you have something. Otherwise...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back