Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cures for racism?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

As we approach the bi-centenary of abolition of slavery, this Afro-American's reaction to the Kramer actor's recent gaffe, while heckled in a comedy club, is a timely opportunity for constructive thought, coming into the 'season of good will'

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... -32.0.html

My critiques of Islam have nothing to do with race

Must go

Ian

I believe what happened is those guys pointed out that Kramer hasn't done anything since Seinfeld. And I think that was a raw nerve for him, that's how he makes a living and Seinfeld is his only claim to fame. He had a TV show that didn't last long enough for anyone to remember it.
So I think just like a child when hurt they react in a way that will also hurt you.
Now maybe Kramer isn't a racist like he said, but just reacted in a way that would hurt them just like they hurt and maybe humiliated him. Kramer may have been thinking of himself as a has been but by the two guys pointing it out to him just confirmed that, that is what the public is thinking of him also.
Don't get me wrong I am in no way condoning what he did. Just trying to analyze what happened and to give him the benefit of the doubt.
He has apologized and we should forgive.

nah, I understand that he was just reacting, but you don't just say those kinds of things without thinking/feeling them prior. Whether you want to admit it or not, racial slurs don't "slip" unless you are truly ignorant of the meaning/usage. He was out to hit a raw nerve, and when on stage you have to be able to handle pressure without reacting and he clearly can not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back