Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Daniel Fast

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was wondering has anyone experienced any spiritual warfare during a daniel fast or anytime they did a fast? I am currently on a Daniel fast for 21 days and Im almost done. This is my first time doing it and it was put on my heart to do so. The thing is the whole time I have been on this fast Ive been having negative thoughts more than ever about the situations im believing God for, ive been irritated some days with the food but I still push forward and eat what Im supposed to, and Ive been dreaming more than ever. When it comes to the dreams I can only remember certain ones; it is as if the only dreams I can remember are the bad ones. And then the bad ones are usually very negative or things I fear happening. There was even a point in time during the fast, mainly the 2nd week, that I thought I was going to lose it but I kept pushing. Can anyone share their experiences that youve had while fasting, any stories, or any tips for me to overcome? I dont know if this makes a difference but I just recently rededicated my life back to God and joined a church. Thank you for all the replies in advance.

Yes its when you eat nothing but plant based food. You are in prayer, worship, and in the bible giving all time to God. Its for 21 days.
We always described it "No meats, no sweets."

Daniel 10:3
I did not eat any tasty food, nor did meat or wine enter my mouth, nor did I use any ointment at all until the entire three weeks were completed.
Maybe I'm being a little facetious here but if a vegan does this, is it still a fast?

I was wondering has anyone experienced any spiritual warfare during a daniel fast or anytime they did a fast? I am currently on a Daniel fast for 21 days and Im almost done. This is my first time doing it and it was put on my heart to do so. The thing is the whole time I have been on this fast Ive been having negative thoughts more than ever about the situations im believing God for, ive been irritated some days with the food but I still push forward and eat what Im supposed to, and Ive been dreaming more than ever. When it comes to the dreams I can only remember certain ones; it is as if the only dreams I can remember are the bad ones. And then the bad ones are usually very negative or things I fear happening. There was even a point in time during the fast, mainly the 2nd week, that I thought I was going to lose it but I kept pushing. Can anyone share their experiences that youve had while fasting, any stories, or any tips for me to overcome? I dont know if this makes a difference but I just recently rededicated my life back to God and joined a church. Thank you for all the replies in advance.
Sometimes God is telling us things through our dreams . I have been shown things to come in my life through dreams , first time if it ever happens to you it may take you by surprise like it did me .

I would recommend you keep a dream journal .

This is mostly a heads up for you . The dreams from God are few and far between for me . The dreams I have had to deal with in real life did not require interpretation .

In my opinion it would only be considered a food fast and not a spiritual one. You can cut back the food, but if your not studying the word, and withdrawing from other worldy things, and you have to pray then its not spiritual.
I think this is an important point with regard to fasting, particularly in the Christian sense. To truly fast goes deeper than just denying certain things in life. If I understand Isaiah 58, fasting involves humbling oneself before the Lord, to let go of burdens, and help others.

Often in Scripture fasting and prayer go hand-in-hand too.
Joel 1:14
Nehemiah 1:4
Ezra 8:21
Psalm 35:13
Daniel 9:3
Luke 5:33

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Isaiah 58:6
Fasting and prayer brings forth justice, deliverance of a bondage, and sets a tormented person free from their addiction according to this verse. God bless you on this fast and may you see the fruit of it very soon.

So I wanted to give everyone an update on my fast and what I did in particular. The lord put on my heart in March to do a daniel fast. I did it for 5 days the first time. During that time I had only a few things on a list that was the purpose of the fast. During my 5 day fast I had a different scripture everyday for each purpose of my fast, I ate vegan spaghetti and vegetable soup. I watched a sermon each day, read my bible, and prayed continuously. I fell off my fast and ate regular food and just stopped. I felt defeated. So many negative thoughts were going through my mind concerning situations I was going through and I didnt dream as much.

Fast forward I decided to start over and do 21 days straight and the only exception date was Easter. I didnt want to lie to myself and say I gonna eat plant based only on the holiday. This time I did complete the 21 days. My purpose list for the fast went from about 6 things to 13. I still had a scripture each day for each subject, I had specific prayers for some of the subjects depending on the nature of it. I ate vegan spaghetti, baked potatoe with corn, I made vegan ranch (it was so good), sweet pototato fries, and regular french fries. There were times I had a salad. For breakfast I had oatmeal some days but most days I ate leftovers. I lost a lot of weight about 15lbs. Of course I read my bible everyday, prayed throughout the day, and I watched christian movies and listened to gospel to have praise and worship. So with me doing all of this the spiritual warfare was on 10!!!! The dreams were very vivid, but I could not remember most of them. I had a few dreams where it would show me a situation and the next day it would happen. I had one dream where I saw the word "Gear" plain as day and that has never happened before. I kept having issues with the children in school and getting phone calls; that seemed to increase. My anxiety was high in the beginning and I had a panic attack, but God talked me through it and I havent had one since and my anxiety is gone. The enemy kept using different areas in my life to try to attack me to the point it went from one area to another. Mentally there were so many negative thoughts that tried to convince me to stop the fast because nothing was going to change in my life, I would also have negative thoughts when I would get bored with the food; the whole time God told me to keep pushing and I did. I was so depressed at one point where I was thinking about admitting myself into a pysch ward, but I ended up calling the crisis hotline. I prayed and rebuked any and everything that wasnt of GOD. I didnt do any social media or any secular music or tv. During the fast I did join the church I had been attending off and on for years. I also have been prophesied to over and over more than I have ever been at church. God confirmed alot for me during the fast. Another thing that happened was when I got upset and started back cursing GOd convicted me real quick. He gave me a scripture , James 3, about taming the tongue. God would also wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me to pray and I would.

After the fast I did feel refreshed but I felt like I shouldve kept going so Im going to do another one Monday, but this time it will be for 3 days. The thoughts have decreased, the dreams are still vivid and on-going. I have been making up for what I didnt eat. If I do try to listen or watch anything secular it doesnt feel right so I turn it off. Im still in constant prayer and reading my word. I attend church every Sunday and I am still attending new members class. I feel very confident and not depressed or anything. I am so grateful to God because my soul is definitely at peace. This was my first time doing this fast and I completed it. I did it for God and Im so happy I did something he asked me to do and I finished. Im still clinging to him and I thank him for everything. I also learned how to pray better and study the word better. There is still spiritual warfare lingering but I know how to handle it better because of God.

Thank you for your update! I've wondered about the difficulties in doing a fast like that. Sounds like a person can expect a lot of material world temptations and distractions that normally would go unnoticed to become quite obvious/awakened when you strip yourself of them, even if it is was inadvertent.

Thank you for your update! I've wondered about the difficulties in doing a fast like that. Sounds like a person can expect a lot of material world temptations and distractions that normally would go unnoticed to become quite obvious/awakened when you strip yourself of them, even if it is was inadvertent.
On top of all that Ive already shared I forgot to mention the physical stuff that has been going on with me also. After the fast I started feeling extremely tired and I was going to bed at a decent time. For some reason this particular Sunday, which was last Sunday, that I went to church I was sleepy in church and I usually dont get like that. Then on Monday I started feeling sick, kinda feverish, but I didnt have a fever. Ive taken medicine but as of today I still feel drained and sick-like.

So I wanted to give everyone an update on my fast and what I did in particular. The lord put on my heart in March to do a daniel fast. I did it for 5 days the first time. During that time I had only a few things on a list that was the purpose of the fast. During my 5 day fast I had a different scripture everyday for each purpose of my fast, I ate vegan spaghetti and vegetable soup. I watched a sermon each day, read my bible, and prayed continuously. I fell off my fast and ate regular food and just stopped. I felt defeated. So many negative thoughts were going through my mind concerning situations I was going through and I didnt dream as much.

Fast forward I decided to start over and do 21 days straight and the only exception date was Easter. I didnt want to lie to myself and say I gonna eat plant based only on the holiday. This time I did complete the 21 days. My purpose list for the fast went from about 6 things to 13. I still had a scripture each day for each subject, I had specific prayers for some of the subjects depending on the nature of it. I ate vegan spaghetti, baked potatoe with corn, I made vegan ranch (it was so good), sweet pototato fries, and regular french fries. There were times I had a salad. For breakfast I had oatmeal some days but most days I ate leftovers. I lost a lot of weight about 15lbs. Of course I read my bible everyday, prayed throughout the day, and I watched christian movies and listened to gospel to have praise and worship. So with me doing all of this the spiritual warfare was on 10!!!! The dreams were very vivid, but I could not remember most of them. I had a few dreams where it would show me a situation and the next day it would happen. I had one dream where I saw the word "Gear" plain as day and that has never happened before. I kept having issues with the children in school and getting phone calls; that seemed to increase. My anxiety was high in the beginning and I had a panic attack, but God talked me through it and I havent had one since and my anxiety is gone. The enemy kept using different areas in my life to try to attack me to the point it went from one area to another. Mentally there were so many negative thoughts that tried to convince me to stop the fast because nothing was going to change in my life, I would also have negative thoughts when I would get bored with the food; the whole time God told me to keep pushing and I did. I was so depressed at one point where I was thinking about admitting myself into a pysch ward, but I ended up calling the crisis hotline. I prayed and rebuked any and everything that wasnt of GOD. I didnt do any social media or any secular music or tv. During the fast I did join the church I had been attending off and on for years. I also have been prophesied to over and over more than I have ever been at church. God confirmed alot for me during the fast. Another thing that happened was when I got upset and started back cursing GOd convicted me real quick. He gave me a scripture , James 3, about taming the tongue. God would also wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me to pray and I would.

After the fast I did feel refreshed but I felt like I shouldve kept going so Im going to do another one Monday, but this time it will be for 3 days. The thoughts have decreased, the dreams are still vivid and on-going. I have been making up for what I didnt eat. If I do try to listen or watch anything secular it doesnt feel right so I turn it off. Im still in constant prayer and reading my word. I attend church every Sunday and I am still attending new members class. I feel very confident and not depressed or anything. I am so grateful to God because my soul is definitely at peace. This was my first time doing this fast and I completed it. I did it for God and Im so happy I did something he asked me to do and I finished. Im still clinging to him and I thank him for everything. I also learned how to pray better and study the word better. There is still spiritual warfare lingering but I know how to handle it better because of God.

Keep going woman of God!

You will grow quickly in this lifestyle.

Try doing a fast from food for three days.

Maybe start with one day. Eat broccoli for your first meal.

Then try two days. I drink a protein shake once during the day around 2:00. This helps me.

Spend time in worship and prayer, seeking God.

JLB

On top of all that Ive already shared I forgot to mention the physical stuff that has been going on with me also. After the fast I started feeling extremely tired and I was going to bed at a decent time. For some reason this particular Sunday, which was last Sunday, that I went to church I was sleepy in church and I usually dont get like that. Then on Monday I started feeling sick, kinda feverish, but I didnt have a fever. Ive taken medicine but as of today I still feel drained and sick-like.
I hesitate to suggest what you should be doing, but I hope you aren't depriving yourself too much from balanced nutrition. Isn't is possible to fast more often than is good to fast?

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I hesitate to suggest what you should be doing, but I hope you aren't depriving yourself too much from balanced nutrition. Isn't is possible to fast more often than is good to fast?

I hope you are feeling better soon.
So i finished my fast on the 21st of April and since then i have been eating regular food. I was also taking all my vitamins during the fast also. I take vitamins a,e,d,c, ashwagandha, probiotic, omega fish oil, elderberry, and echinacea. I havent tried the fast with no food only because I do have underlying health problems so that will be a last result after consulting with a doctor. Thanks I hope I feel better too. Im pushing.

Keep going woman of God!

You will grow quickly in this lifestyle.

Try doing a fast from food for three days.

Maybe start with one day. Eat broccoli for your first meal.

Then try two days. I drink a protein shake once during the day around 2:00. This helps me.

Spend time in worship and prayer, seeking God.

JLB
Thanks for the encouragement and tips. The lord put it on my heart to do it for 3 days next week. Something in the spiritual realm is loosening. I know it is and I can feel it. Currently, I am having marital problems and two of the purposes out of the 13 for the fast was for my husband to have deliverance and for restoration of the marriage. He was raised in the church and his parents are ministers. He strayed as we all have done at times, but last year he mentioned that he was going to reach out to the apostle of the church that I have recently joined, but an incident occurred which turned his direction from it. Then I started seeing that spirit on him again. Then when he came back from out of town he said he would call the apostle and reach out. He has yet to done it. Things in the home seem to be moving along and all of a sudden that spirit is trying to attack me again and convince him that I am his enemy. I dont know why I am sharing this but I am. As I stated we have been getting along better and spending time, but this week on Tuesday I saw a scripture and the lord told me to send it to him. It was 1 John 5:14 and he got offended and asked me via text "am I trying to tell him something?" When I asked why he stated that he had a dream monday night about a snake and how the dream told him that I was still investigating him. Of course none of that was true and I reminded him that I am moving in the lord and so Im not on anything that is not of God or negative. So he calmed down but I told him that snake isnt me, but it may be this other person and how I had a dream that this other person was on his facebook page liking all of his photos. I also told him how the enemy used that person to mock me and everything concerning how we met. I also told him that during the fast the holy spirit revealed to me that someone at his job is watching him and telling his every move. When he came home from work he didnt bring up or wanted to discuss any of that and I was fine with it. Yesterday I was playing around with him and he took it the wrong way but did eventually calm down. I know for a fact that spirit that is on him doesnt want him to speak with apostle or get to church because if he does he will never be the same and grow in God as he should. Before all the mess happened he was changing and he seemed ready to get back in God, then bam here comes the problems. Not only that I went to church on sunday and the pastor told every married person to stand up. He prophesied and prayed for everyone and when he got to me he said "Dont get distracted by the whirlwind going on around you. Stand strong. " then he prayed for got to give me strength. I also remember a sister in christ i spoke with 2 days before my fast ended and she said that me and my husband had a monitoring spirit watching the marriage.

DETOX ! My wife does a keto diet and the detox is part and parcel of that diet , sounds like what you are going through . My wife has learned what to look for and deals with the detox as it starts . The detox means you have did good things for your body :) !

Here is an article talking about detoxing . I know it said " meditate ":nonono in the article but you already know to pray instead :bible .

Feeling Sick While Detoxing: Symptoms and Causes

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back