Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Day 34 Omer Count – Iyar 20 – May 11

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Thursday 5-11-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Iyar 20 5783, 53rd. Spring Day

Yesod of Hod: Bonding in Humility

Psalm 131; Psalm 104:31

Humility should not be a lonely experience. It ought to result in deep bonding and commitment. There is no
stronger bond than one that comes out of humility.

Does my humility separate me from others or bring us closer?

Does my humility produce results? Long term results? Does it create an everlasting foundation upon which I and others can rely and build.

Exercise for the day: Use your humility to build something lasting.

Love, Walter and Debbie

??? Is humility the believer's "everlasting foundation" upon which they build? Scripture indicates a very different foundation...

1 Corinthians 3:11
Amen, Humility is a personal trait that can have different meanings and interpretations for different people. It is difficult to say whether humility produces long-term results or creates an everlasting foundation as it depends on the individual and their circumstances.

Humility is generally defined as a modest or low view of one’s own importance. It is often associated with qualities such as being humble, unassuming, and unpretentious. Humility can be seen as a virtue in many cultures and religions, and is often considered an important trait for personal growth and development. However, the exact definition and interpretation of humility can vary depending on the individual and their cultural or religious background.

Amen, Humility is a personal trait that can have different meanings and interpretations for different people. It is difficult to say whether humility produces long-term results or creates an everlasting foundation as it depends on the individual and their circumstances.

I see. Hmmm. I was trying to point out that Christ is the believer's eternal foundation, as Paul wrote in the verse I cited in my last post. Really, though, Christ is much more than our foundation; Scripture says that he is the believer's life (Colossians 3:4; John 15:5, John 14:6; John 1:4). Out of him, out of the Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9) who dwells within each believer, comes all that Jesus is, including his divine humility (Philippians 2:3-8; Galatians 5:22-23), manifesting in the believer's life. I wonder, then, about pointing at one attribute of Christ and saying it is, or can be, an "everlasting foundation" for the Christian person.

Humility is generally defined as a modest or low view of one’s own importance. It is often associated with qualities such as being humble, unassuming, and unpretentious. Humility can be seen as a virtue in many cultures and religions, and is often considered an important trait for personal growth and development.

Yes.

However, the exact definition and interpretation of humility can vary depending on the individual and their cultural or religious background.

Okay. For the Christian person, though, culture or religious background has nothing to do with what God says humility is and what it's source is, right? God issues His definitions of humility, love, holiness, faith, etc and we adopt them as they're given. As we do, and live in what God has said is the truth of things, He changes us, He makes us properly humble and He anchors our life and faith forever. Yeah?

I see. Hmmm. I was trying to point out that Christ is the believer's eternal foundation, as Paul wrote in the verse I cited in my last post. Really, though, Christ is much more than our foundation; Scripture says that he is the believer's life (Colossians 3:4; John 15:5, John 14:6; John 1:4). Out of him, out of the Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9) who dwells within each believer, comes all that Jesus is, including his divine humility (Philippians 2:3-8; Galatians 5:22-23), manifesting in the believer's life. I wonder, then, about pointing at one attribute of Christ and saying it is, or can be, an "everlasting foundation" for the Christian person.

Yes.

Okay. For the Christian person, though, culture or religious background has nothing to do with what God says humility is and what it's source is, right? God issues His definitions of humility, love, holiness, faith, etc and we adopt them as they're given. As we do, and live in what God has said is the truth of things, He changes us, He makes us properly humble and He anchors our life and faith forever. Yeah?
Amen

Back