Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Deadly Emotions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jenn3709o

I have always considered myself a healthy person. I watch what I eat and I exercise daily. I also consider myself a pretty stressed individual. Between taking classes at the university I attend, heavy loads of homework and holding a job on top of that, things can get rather hectic. Then of course there is the stress of landing that perfect career opportunity when I graduate. But I thought all of this was normal and simply dealt with it for three years, until I read Deadly Emotions. In his book, author Don Colbert, M.D. discusses the vital link between emotional well-being and physical well-being. Most Americans do not realize that scientific evidence has proven that stress can contribute to heart disease, migraines, asthma, pneumonia and many other physical problems. Stress can even be deadly. Reading through this book literally stopped me in my tracks. But, Deadly Emotions offers solutions to the problems facing us. Dr. Colbert battles anxiety, tension and stress with powerful concepts of forgiveness, joy and peace. These concepts are the basis of Christianity and areas that Jesus focused much of his ministry on. I really appreciate this book because not only does it provide scientific evidence but Dr. Colbert relies on the fundamentals of Christianity for healing as well. I would fervently ask anyone who does not take stress seriously to read Deadly Emotions along with Matt 6:25-34.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back