Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

democrats take back the house

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

tommy38

the democrats take back the houseand may be the senate have to wiat til all the votes are in

we have 50 for the senate :)

I am excited!!!!!!

lets hope we get that 51st with virginia.. HOORAY!!

Webb has an 8,000 vote lead going into the recount. It's hard to come out ahead from a losing position in a recount anyway and now that the margin has widened to that instead of the 2,000 or so I'd say it's a pretty safe call for the Dems.

Just time to post, "Good news for the Democrats & good news for evangelicals":-

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... -33.0.html

Back with its 2/3 other assessment features..

Declaring victory: evangelical Democrats claim credit:-

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... -35.0.html

Here's a taster from it:-

Analysts had predicted that the battle for the Senate could come down to Virginia, where incumbent Republican Sen. George Allen was running slightly behind Democratic challenger Jim Webb, and could request a recount.

Evangelicals working to bolster the Democratic Party exulted in the resounding victory. They moved quickly to claim credit for the strong Democratic showing nationwide.

"The Religious Right's dominance over politics and evangelicals has come to an end," said Jim Wallis, leader of the Sojourners/Call to Renewal movement and an adviser to Democrats. "I would say the Religious Right has lost, and the Secular Left has lost."

His organization distributed more than 300,000 "Voting God's Politics Issues Guides" in an effort to thwart religious conservatives and prompt voters to think more broadly about what he believes a biblical political agenda entails.

"The Democratic leadership needs to recognize how the winds are changing," Wallis told Christianity Today. "I really think there is a third force. Not a third party but a broader, deeper agenda that reflects a more biblical political agenda. [Focus on the Family founder James] Dobson can't be happy this morning, but neither can the Secular Left."

Wallis said evangelicals have been breaking with President Bush, not only on the war in Iraq but on economic issues as well. Wallis cited six successful state efforts to raise the minimum wage.

"The candidates who won are genuinely either people of faith or friendly to faith. A lot of them are pro-life, and pro-poor," he said. "The religious faith communities were deeply involved in increasing the minimum wage, and people are saying that fair wages are a biblical issue."

Faith based triangulation:-

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... -32.0.html

Just time now to say that, in '04 as well as last month, our UK experience made me encourage USA evangelicals to pray for real spiritual revival in both parties & for determination to 'declare the whole counsel of God'

& to seek both justice & righteousness, not either or

Back later, DV

God bless America!

Ian :-D

Bush begins fence-mending:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09112006/325/b ... tions.html

Guess that White House lunch will start in @ 75 minutes

Any messages for George, Nancy & co? :wink:

How many wannabe a fly on da wall, huh? :roll:

Btw, I'm sure GWB is as sincere as he was in his Tx Governor days of cross-party co-working

& that his humility is real & a great strength: neither phoney nor a weakness

See Galatians 5:22 etc

Go get 'em into the Oval Office, George! 8-)

Ian :-D

Since all politicians are pathological liars, I don't think it matters who we have in office. They don't care about us little people.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back