Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Bible Study devotions

We have a new way of sharing the devotions, to see all my devotions in Chinese/English and hundreds of devotions in English, please click on this link.

https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

BEFORE YOU READ, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

GET A REALIGNMENT TODAY

"God has made everything beautiful, and He has set eternity in our hearts…Ecclesiastes 3:11.”

This can be a good time of year to consider the vastness of God's creation - and life itself. You may get a chance to stare out at the ocean horizon, or gaze into the blue sky - decorated with feathery white clouds; on a clear night you might look deeper and deeper into the myriad of stars that pepper the darkness. When you consider the huge environs in which we live, it's hard not to call out to the psalmist, "What is mankind that You are mindful of us, or human beings that you care for us?" (Psalm 8:4) More personally, you may question who you are - and how you relate to this vast universe.

"God has made everything beautiful, and He has set eternity in our hearts." (Ecclesiastes 3:11) We can't help but consider our Creator and how we fit into this massive scheme of life. We are left in awe - clearly, there is more to life that we can understand or comprehend apart from God's revelation. In Psalm 145, David worships God from this posture of awe. He declares God's greatness, and meditates upon His works and attributes - He is "gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love - that He is good to all and loving toward all He has made." He fulfills the desires of those who reverently look to Him; He opens His hand and provides; He hears their cry and saves.

This is a great time to realign yourself under the benevolent sovereignty of God - through personal, deep, and declarative worship. If God has created all things, and if He has placed you purposefully in the mix, there is no need to worry, doubt, or fear. Your anxieties profit you nothing - though they deceivingly tell you they are the flavor of responsibility. When all is stripped away - when all that is left is the very core of life - we come to a place of worship and awe. What do we have that we were not given? What can we accomplish that was not resourced and ultimately designed by God? Where can we turn for meaning, purpose, or a sense of eternity?

"Jesus is the image of the invisible God ... in Him, all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him." (Colossians 1:15-16) "In Him we live and move and have our being." (Acts 17:28) Take some time away from all the self-reliance and self-referencing that mark our striving lives, and consider God's goodness to you. He has and will love you with everlasting love - all He requires is your gaze, worship, and life lived in light of His truth. Relax and realign through honest and declarative worship - speak and/or sing your faith in Christ. Your soul will lighten; your faith will deepen; your life will be meaningfully renewed. Standing in Awe with you, Pastor Tom

A bird's-eye view of Hell!

(James Smith, "A Voice from Hell!" 1856)

"I beg you, father Abraham — send Lazarus to my father's house! For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don't end up in this place of torment!" Luke 16:27-28

Jesus takes off the covering from the bottomless pit — and gives us a bird's-eye view of Hell!

There is a young man there. He was rich. He was surrounded by a multitude of earthly goods. He has forfeited them all — and now he is in Hell. His doom is fixed — and fixed forever. He cannot obtain one single drop of water to cool his parched tongue!

He finds that it is now no use asking favors for himself. But he has brothers — five brothers. Can he prevent their coming to Hell? He will try. He therefore prays that Lazarus may become a missionary — and be sent on a mission of mercy to his father's house. Hear him: "I beg you, father Abraham — send Lazarus to my father's house!" Who would expect to find mercy in Hell — or pity in Hell — or prayer in Hell! But here it is!

Can earth be worse than Hell? Can professed Christians be worse than this lost soul? Shall lost souls in Hell wish to send someone to their ungodly relatives — if possible to prevent their damnation — and will you neglect your relatives? Has pity for the souls of your lost relatives no influence on you?

Is Hell only a fable?

Is eternal torment only a trifle?

How then, can you let them go to Hell without pity or concern?

Souls are perishing!

Hell is filling!

Time is flying!

Are you, can you be careless about the eternal happiness or eternal misery of the souls around you?

Where, O where is your pity for poor perishing sinners?

SONG/TESTIMONY CENTRE

SERMON CENTRE

More Glory Than Moses

Pastor Jeff Pollard
| Exposition of Hebrews

Mount Zion Bible Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/81824178388188

Light Unconquered

Dr. J. Drew Conley
| Find Life in the Son

Hampton Park Baptist Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/51924161191523

Our Sovereign Creator

Dr. Greg Mazak
| Genesis Series

Trinity Bible Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/728241612595275

Mercy in the Midst of Wrath (Revelation 6:12-17)

Pastor John MacArthur

Grace to You

sermonaudio.com/sermon/31324200271514

PRAYER CENTRE

https://prayercast.com/prayer-topic/latvia/

https://prayercast.com/prayer-topic/sikhism/

https://prayercast.com/prayer-topic/gaza-strip-and-west-bank/

Back