Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Science __ ] Does Teaching Evolution Promote Atheism in the Classroom?

A federal court dismissed a lawsuit by Christian parents in Indiana who claimed that teaching evolution violates religious freedom by promoting “the atheist religion.”
Seeing as Darwin himself wrote that God created the first living things, it was a pretty foolish attempt.

From the article.

What this means is that historical science is an interpretation of the evidence based on your starting point. Naturalistic evolutionary interpretations (the prevailing narrative in public schools) start with the assumption that there is no supernatural, that the universe is billions of years old, and that life and the universe are the result of naturalistic processes. Those are all anti-biblical worldview assumptions—and they have consequences (the very consequences we’re now reaping as a nation, such as relative morality, sexual promiscuity, disregard for the value of life, and more).

So, yes, evolution is a religion—it’s the foundation for the religion of atheism. And teaching evolution in the classroom does promote evolution and makes atheism the de facto religion of the state. Atheists have a faith (a blind faith) position. Now, are courts going to throw evolution out of the classroom? Not likely. Secularism now permeates every part of our society, notably the public school classroom. That’s why it’s vital, no matter how you choose to school your children, that you teach them truth so they can resist the lie and stand for the truth of God’s Word . . . from the very first verse.

Out of curiosity, did he say who this god was?
The God worshiped by Anglicans. That was his church at the time.
From the article.
Yeah that guy is pretty weird. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. And as you saw, Darwin assumed God created the first living things.

He's constructed an elaborate fantasy about evolution and has begun to believe it himself.

I'm thinking that he's confused the fact of evolution with common descent.

Yeah that guy is pretty weird. Evolution is an observed phenomenon. And as you saw, Darwin assumed God created the first living things.

He's constructed an elaborate fantasy about evolution and has begun to believe it himself.

Thank you for your opinion on the author of the article.

Grace and peace to you.

No, teaching true evolution does not promote atheism. The different races of mankind have all evolved from one man, Adam. Race is evolution. After the flood, peoples are known to be descendants of one of Noah's three sons. All races have evolved from them. The fact that there are different races among mankind is proof that evolution does occur.

Theories that state that mankind evolved from primates and such transformations from single cells to large organisms did occur are teachings contrary to the Biblical truth that the origins of all animals and mankind were that they were created on the fifth and sixth days of the Creation, however.

The different races of mankind have all evolved from one man, Adam. Race is evolution.
There are no biological human races now. But there once were several. Neanderthals and Denisovans were genetically different enough to qualify as different races.

The genetic data showing that all living things on Earth have a common ancestor is not part of evolutionary theory. Even Darwin supposed that God created any number of original living things.

But have you not seen that K2KE , deep time, and big bang are being preached as fact by athiests? AND That they hate the YEC truth with all their bones? That as the athiests' stories about the unobserved past are taught, the West strays further from God, and indulges more in sin?

But have you not seen that K2KE , deep time, and big bang are being preached as fact by athiests?
So is Newton's theory of Gravitation. I don't see a point.

AND That they hate the YEC truth with all their bones?
That seems to be projection. Most atheists I know don't much care what religious people do, as long as they don't bother other people.

That as the athiests' stories about the unobserved past are taught
Darwin, who attributed creation to God, showed a huge body of evidence for the past. It's a common delusion among YE creationists that you can't know anything about anything you didn't actually observe. It's demonstrably false.

the West strays further from God, and indulges more in sin?
I notice that over the past few decades, violent crime has dropped rapidly. So your belief is unsupported by evidence.

Back