Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Does The Enemy Know Who You Are? Part 1

Hidden In Him

Charismatic
Staff member
Does The Enemy Know Who You Are? Part 1

1*dsFfRYbApxCAYh4Ntlauyw.jpg

If the enemy does not know who you are personally, then you are not doing something right, and apparently don't pose a serious enough threat that he even has to pay any attention to you yet. Such was not the case with the apostle Paul, for as scripture states, the demons knew exactly who he was.

13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding. (Acts 19:13-16)

We recently received a report from my wife's church that some prophetic dreams had been fulfilled, dreams which warned that Satan would send witches to attack them and place curses on them. One brother I know personally told me of dreams he had in which he saw snakes circling around the youth especially. In the dream he was able to kill the small snakes, but there was one large rattlesnake he could not kill, and it would raise up while staring directly at the youth of the church as if it was specifically targeting them, and poised to strike.

Well about a week ago, the pastor and his wife had gone to the church early. When they got there, they saw a young woman with long black hair in the parking lot, dancing and chanting. She would run from one end of the parking lot to the other, pointing and speaking things into the air, and would repeatedly come back to the pastor's parking space and dance on top of it. Only when they got close enough to hear what she was saying, the words sounded like curses, and like a ritual was being performed. She appeared to be placing curses on the building, the property and the leadership.

This story is true because I was allowed to see a video of it which they sent to some of the leaders. The pastor's wife caught it on her cell phone. That church is a spiritually strong church that has numerous genuine prophets of God come through it, and it is growing and having an effect on the community, including with the youth.

So the question becomes, does Satan take you as a serious threat as well, enough to send his servants to attempt to use witchcraft on you? If not, you likely don't pose a danger to him yet for him to be concerned. If he DOES take you seriously, however, then be of good cheer. You are in good company. It means you are involved in the real spiritual war, and accomplishing something for the Lord Jesus Christ, so the enemy has no choice but to try and counteract it. This should be the norm for true soldiers of God; not some rare anomaly but something they are used to and are prepared for.

I will add to this series in the future and provide links here when I do.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Original thread:

Back