Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Does this make sense as a story?

An intellectually-gifted 20-year-old university student lives a double life--one as a star student; studious, hard-working and passionate about what she does, and one as a self-indulgent pleasure-seeker who parties late at night with her friends.

Due to her many vices, her god-fearing grandfather prays for her soul, pleading that she'd come to Christ. Unwilling to believe the ultimate consequences for her lifestyle, the young woman turns down any and all hearings of the Gospel, choosing to believe it all to be a myth. Tragically, her grandfather dies days after.

One night on their way home from a cocktail lounge, the woman and her friends get into a terrible car crash, putting them in critical condition. As the medics arrive and take them into a hospital, they enter the threshold between life and death. They then see their lifeless bodies as spirits. But one by one, each student is tormented and taken to Hell by demonic forces, never to return.

The woman, the last of the group, then finds herself in total pitch black darkness surrounded by earsplittingly loud screams of agony and immersed in excruciating pain. As memories of her grandfather's tear-filled and heart-wrenching pleas to win her over to Christ echo incessantly on permanent repeat in her mind, she screams in utter agony and sorrow, her wails and cries for help destined to forever fall on deaf ears. Until......

Until.....she sees a very small bead of light, roughly the size of the pin of a needle gradually growing bigger and bigger by the second.....until the entire upper half of her body is bathed in this snow white light. The woman breathes a sigh of relief and smiles, entering into the light without hesitation.

Back inside an ambulance, the woman briefly regains consciousness much to the paramedics' astonishment and as they struggle to keep her alive, she mutters her final words as she draws her last breath.....

"Lord Jesus.....into my heart......I welcome You. Please come into my heart.....please save my soul....."

She then dies.

As friends and family members gather around the graves of both the woman and her grandfather at the nearby cemetery, a young boy looks up into the sky to see a mysterious white light ascending higher and higher into the sky.

Far away in a distant realm unbeknownst to those of the observable universe, a majestic city of pure gold and indescribable beauty is nestled. Denizens of said city are in perfect bliss and harmony, no traces of any pain, sorrow, sickness or suffering anywhere to be found. In a meadow, a humble elderly gentleman is seen looking up into the sky as he watches birds fly by. By his side, a beautiful young woman smiles at him as she beholds the event alongside him.

"I love you, Grandpa", she says.
"I love you, too, sugar", he replies, lightly chucking her under the chin.

An intellectually-gifted 20-year-old university student lives a double life--one as a star student; studious, hard-working and passionate about what she does, and one as a self-indulgent pleasure-seeker who parties late at night with her friends.

Due to her many vices, her god-fearing grandfather prays for her soul, pleading that she'd come to Christ. Unwilling to believe the ultimate consequences for her lifestyle, the young woman turns down any and all hearings of the Gospel, choosing to believe it all to be a myth. Tragically, her grandfather dies days after.

One night on their way home from a cocktail lounge, the woman and her friends get into a terrible car crash, putting them in critical condition. As the medics arrive and take them into a hospital, they enter the threshold between life and death. They then see their lifeless bodies as spirits. But one by one, each student is tormented and taken to Hell by demonic forces, never to return.

The woman, the last of the group, then finds herself in total pitch black darkness surrounded by earsplittingly loud screams of agony and immersed in excruciating pain. As memories of her grandfather's tear-filled and heart-wrenching pleas to win her over to Christ echo incessantly on permanent repeat in her mind, she screams in utter agony and sorrow, her wails and cries for help destined to forever fall on deaf ears. Until......

Until.....she sees a very small bead of light, roughly the size of the pin of a needle gradually growing bigger and bigger by the second.....until the entire upper half of her body is bathed in this snow white light. The woman breathes a sigh of relief and smiles, entering into the light without hesitation.

Back inside an ambulance, the woman briefly regains consciousness much to the paramedics' astonishment and as they struggle to keep her alive, she mutters her final words as she draws her last breath.....

"Lord Jesus.....into my heart......I welcome You. Please come into my heart.....please save my soul....."

She then dies.

As friends and family members gather around the graves of both the woman and her grandfather at the nearby cemetery, a young boy looks up into the sky to see a mysterious white light ascending higher and higher into the sky.

Far away in a distant realm unbeknownst to those of the observable universe, a majestic city of pure gold and indescribable beauty is nestled. Denizens of said city are in perfect bliss and harmony, no traces of any pain, sorrow, sickness or suffering anywhere to be found. In a meadow, a humble elderly gentleman is seen looking up into the sky as he watches birds fly by. By his side, a beautiful young woman smiles at him as she beholds the event alongside him.

"I love you, Grandpa", she says.
"I love you, too, sugar", he replies, lightly chucking her under the chin.
As a "story", what sense does it need to make ?
It is not the way of salvation.

Here is a better story...
The woman hears the gospel of Jesus dying for her sins, but rising from the dead.
She is so thankful for His suffering and death on her behalf that she decides to do exactly what He wants her to do for the rest of her life.
That being...loving God with all her heart, mind, strength, and soul; and love her neighbors like she wants to be loved.
Realizing that God has provided everything she will need to accomplish that kind of love, she remains faithful to God until her days are ended.
On the day of judgement, she is raised from the dead to enjoy eternal life with the One to whom she owes so much !

That is "my story".

Back