Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eph 2:8

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

eph 2:8 does not refer to you’re salvation it’s already past tense when Paul wrote it so it refers redemption accomplished by Christ apart from our involvement not salvation or you’re being quote “saved”!

Not you’re faith! Not of yourselves!!!

The faith it refers to was that of Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:55

Christian faith includes baptism Jn 3:5 by water and the spirit and not faith alone 1 cor 13:2 and 1 cor 13/13

In verses 1 and 5 what does quickened mean?

redemption, justification, sanctification, and salvation are not the same:

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace applied to our souls in the sacraments, prayer, virtue and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Your profile says:

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!​

But your post says:
"The faith it refers to was that of Mary the mother of God!"

Also you missed the next verse of Ephesians 2:8

Ephesians 2:9
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Facepalm.jpg

I hope you come to the knowledge of the truth and stop your false teachings.

Your profile says:

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!​

But your post says:
"The faith it refers to was that of Mary the mother of God!"

Also you missed the next verse of Ephesians 2:8

Ephesians 2:9
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Facepalm.jpg

I hope you come to the knowledge of the truth and stop your false teachings.
Yes you right Not of works alone
Jesus is the only way truth life and savior but he came thru Mary
All I provide is scripture and you call it false teaching? Why
Thanks

Let us seek the peace of Jesus Christ in truth and love.

I don’t accuse you of error so I will propose an accusation of error for both of us so we can examine our motives to see if we be in the virtues of Jesus Christ and not the vices of the father of lies!

So we can both find the truth and be set free and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life not us. Jn 14:6

Rebellion and Heresy is the fruit of pride.
Humility is truth, pride is error, and falsehood.
Faithfulness and obedience are the fruit of humility.

The truth will set us free, so false doctrine enslaves us in spiritual bondage and spiritual blindness
Jn 8:32

Examples: Saul in his pride thought he was acting righteously and doing the will of God with true and correct faith but when the blinding light of Christ appeared he recognized how deep was his bondage and spiritual blindness.

St. Joseph was a humble and obedience man whom scripture calls “just”.

Let us humbly seek the blinding light of Jesus Christ and truth with the Spirit kindling the fire of divine love!

Yes you right Not of works alone
Jesus is the only way truth life and savior but he came thru Mary
Actually, He always existed.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ”
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 1:1-5, 14-17 NKJV

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

eph 2:8 does not refer to you’re salvation it’s already past tense when Paul wrote it so it refers redemption accomplished by Christ apart from our involvement not salvation or you’re being quote “saved”!

Not you’re faith! Not of yourselves!!!

The faith it refers to was that of Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:55

Ephesians 2:4-10 (NASB)
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

It is baffling, Don, the things you assert about Scripture. You appear so saturated and invested in kooky Roman Catholic doctrine that you just assert their nonsense (or your version of it, anyway) as though it is incontrovertible fact. Wow.

Where in the world do you get your Mary the mother of God stuff from Ephesians 2:1-10? Paul says nothing about Mary in his entire letter to the Ephesians, not even a tiny hint of a vague reference to her.

Salvation is past-tense for the readers of Paul's letters because they were members of the Body of Christ, the Church, born-again believers living in Ephesus in whom the Spirit of Christ was already dwelling. How? God, who is rich in mercy and full of love for sinners, has, by His inexhaustible grace, made the Ephesian believers "alive together with Christ," seating them together with Christ in "heavenly places." God bestowed such a gift upon the Ephesian believers in response to THEIR faith in Christ as their Savior and submission to him as their Lord, entirely apart from any good deed done to earn His gift of salvation in Jesus. This is a plain, straightforward reading of Paul's words, un-contorted by R.C dogma.

Christian faith includes baptism Jn 3:5 by water and the spirit and not faith alone 1 cor 13:2 and 1 cor 13/13

Nope. John 3:5 says nothing of the sort.

In verses 1 and 5 what does quickened mean?

Made alive.

redemption, justification, sanctification, and salvation are not the same:

The same as what? Each other? Being quickened?

Redemption, justification, sanctification are the effects of salvation which is a Person, Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 (NASB)
6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Acts 4:12 (NASB)
12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

John 1:4 (NASB)
4 In Him (Jesus, the Word) was life, and the life was the Light of men.

1 John 5:11-12 (NASB)
11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

One obtains salvation by the means Paul described:

Romans 10:9-11 (NASB)
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism!

Nope. Justification is simply being clothed in Christ's perfect righteousness (Romans 13:14) and thus declared righteous by God (in a forensic, not literal, sense).

1 Corinthians 1:30 (NASB)
30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Romans 4:5 (NASB)
5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Romans 5:1 (NASB)
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Philippians 1:11 (NASB)
11 having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 3:9 (NASB)
9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

2 Peter 1:1 (NASB)
1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Sanctification: the life of grace applied to our souls in the sacraments, prayer, virtue and good works,

Sanctification is a fully-accomplished spiritual reality for the born-again believer that they then work out in their practical living in an ever-increasing degree, separating themselves more and more from the World, the Flesh and the devil unto God.

30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

1 Corinthians 1:2 (NASB)
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1 Corinthians 6:11 (NASB)
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (NASB)
14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.
18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

1 Peter 3:15 (NASB)
15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord!

Salvation isn't a state, it's a Person. And he will enter in and "sup" with all those who, by faith, open the door of their hearts to him (Revelation 3:20), never to leave them (Hebrews 13:5; Romans 8:38-39; John 10:27-29).

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And all who do endure do so only because they are already saved. An apple tree doesn't produce apples in order to be an apple tree but because it is already one.

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

I am a partaker of the benefits of my lawnmower only so long as I believe it works well in trimming my lawn. But if I doubt that it will and leave it in my garage, resorting to a pair of scissors to cut my grass instead, I don't lose my lawnmower. No, all that happens is that I cease to partake of the benefit of my lawnmower. Same with Christ. If I doubt the benefits and truth of who I am in him, I can't enjoy those things. But doing so doesn't remove me from God's kingdom, it merely halts my fellowship and enjoyment of God and His positive transformation of me. I am, after all, only in God's kingdom because of Jesus, not because of me. See above. Or read Titus 3:5 or 2 Timothy 1:9.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 (NASB)
11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
14 If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
15 If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Actually, He always existed.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ”
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 1:1-5, 14-17 NKJV
Yes true but in the incarnation he came thru mary

4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

It is baffling, Don, the things you assert about Scripture. You appear so saturated and invested in kooky Roman Catholic doctrine that you just assert their nonsense (or your version of it, anyway) as though it is incontrovertible fact. Wow.

Where in the world do you get your Mary the mother of God stuff from Ephesians 2:1-10? Paul says nothing about Mary in his entire letter to the Ephesians, not even a tiny hint of a vague reference to her.

Salvation is past-tense for the readers of Paul's letters because they were members of the Body of Christ, the Church, born-again believers living in Ephesus in whom the Spirit of Christ was already dwelling. How? God, who is rich in mercy and full of love for sinners, has, by His inexhaustible grace, made the Ephesian believers "alive together with Christ," seating them together with Christ in "heavenly places." God bestowed such a gift upon the Ephesian believers in response to THEIR faith in Christ as their Savior and submission to him as their Lord, entirely apart from any good deed done to earn His gift of salvation in Jesus. This is a plain, straightforward reading of Paul's words, un-contorted by R.C dogma.

Made alive.

Redemption, justification, sanctification are the effects of salvation which is a Person, Jesus Christ.

6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Nope. Justification is simply being clothed in Christ's perfect righteousness (Romans 13:14) and thus declared righteous by God (in a forensic, not literal, sense).

5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

11 having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
How are we quickend brought to life in Christ?
How does one put on Christ?

Made alive.

If not Mary’s faith then who’s faith is it?

Back