Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Even death, hell, and the lake of fire pass away

Do you believe this is apart of our coming end of days...

Rev 21 (kjv)
"4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

...if so, then you believe death, hell, and the lake of fire go bye-bye, and that all should be saved from any more pain through an obvious change of heart in a living God revealed in Rev 21 (the second chapter before the last which is no coincidence but a true revealing of, say, God's heart).

Discuss.

How do you work with verse 8 of that same chapter, in light of the assumptions you just typed?

King Names The Bible doesn't say where the Lake of Fire is located, more of a reason to believe it is a spiritual place of judgment and will never burn out.

I fundamentally agree with the OP's belief, coming from an evangelical background that I personally fine tuned to be more like Church of God teachings. But just for a heads up, expect this thread to either be merged with similar topics, or to continue on bandying back and forth forever. Those who believe in eternal, conscious ongoing torment I must say are indeed persistent, although I have no solid scripture that either Jesus said or anyone else that claims this. The key to such perpetual punishment really rests in another doctrine, i.e. the immortality of the human soul (or spirit or whatever you want to call it). To me, when the bible says death, it means death. Everything dies. That's it. Immortality, as I see it taught, is granted when God gives one eternal life. Otherwise, there is no eternal life to be given (which the gospel clearly teaches) if everyone already has it. The issue then becomes eternal life in bliss or eternal life in torment, a very hedonistic, Grecian concept IMO.

I fundamentally agree with the OP's belief, coming from an evangelical background that I personally fine tuned to be more like Church of God teachings. But just for a heads up, expect this thread to either be merged with similar topics, or to continue on bandying back and forth forever. Those who believe in eternal, conscious ongoing torment I must say are indeed persistent, although I have no solid scripture that either Jesus said or anyone else that claims this. The key to such perpetual punishment really rests in another doctrine, i.e. the immortality of the human soul (or spirit or whatever you want to call it). To me, when the bible says death, it means death. Everything dies. That's it. Immortality, as I see it taught, is granted when God gives one eternal life. Otherwise, there is no eternal life to be given (which the gospel clearly teaches) if everyone already has it. The issue then becomes eternal life in bliss or eternal life in torment, a very hedonistic, Grecian concept IMO.

The Lord does say for he says day or night shall they not have no rest any of whom who take the mark of the beast but he gives more description

He says eternal fire.

God cannot lie what ever he says will happen how he say it

The Lord does say for he says day or night shall they not have no rest any of whom who take the mark of the beast but he gives more description

He says eternal fire.

God cannot lie what ever he says will happen how he say it

Right, and I just burned up some shrubbery in eternal fire just as Sodom and Gomorrah was burned with eternal fire according to the New Testament. The fire is not burning today, but the action is eternal, hence the adjective. Burning something with eternal fire is equivalent to saying burned and destroyed forever. Today's language we'd say something like "burned up forever" or "burned for good". E.g. My TV just fried and it's burned for good. -- no more resurrection after that, completely destroyed. That's the second death.

Its impossible to understand what eternity will be like unless you've been born again until that time its all guesswork, the explanation for that can be found here in..

I Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

tob

Right, and I just burned up some shrubbery in eternal fire just as Sodom and Gomorrah was burned with eternal fire according to the New Testament. The fire is not burning today, but the action is eternal, hence the adjective. Burning something with eternal fire is equivalent to saying burned and destroyed forever. Today's language we'd say something like "burned up forever" or "burned for good". E.g. My TV just fried and it's burned for good. -- no more resurrection after that, completely destroyed. That's the second death.

Tell me are you married? What type of man are you? Are you a handsome man or a rich man?
For it amazes me how he has darken the wisdom of the wise and the understanding of the ancient and the great. Look here and read and understand. Where is the scripture that says sodom and Gomorrah was burned in external fire? Is it Jude 1 verse 7? Is a man in eternal fire when he has passed away? Is the ancient there? Is the young ones there?
Listen to me and let me ask you what are your afflictions tell me? For how can you not understand? Why has he given understanding to him that grieves for his life to him that wishes a rest will be given from all the afflictions?

Sodom and Gomorrah sinned and they where destroyed but they are a example for they are in the grave and they will suffer eternal fire as it is written but they are not their yet. They are only sleeping but when they awake they will be like a rich man who dreams of his wealth and prosperity only to wake up to pain and sorrows,like the rich men who takes their own life and the poor among the people say why did he do it? He had everything.
They will be like the afflicted who days never ended in pleasure but all his life was plagued. only the afflicted sleep but they when they awake will have no rest.

Their is fire and as long as the soul is not destroy no man can enter into that fire. Man only has power to kill the body but god has power to destroy the soul

Back