Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Even If Does Not Make Sense Do It

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

dga

Have you been is a situation, where God shows or reveals to you, that he wants you to do something specific, but for you personally, it does not make sense at ll? I do not know about you, but I have.

Many of the thing God will do in your life as a Christian, will not make sense to you, but yet there are there, done by the Almighty God, in a supernatural way. You see, the spiritual realm has different dimensions and laws, which differ from the physical realm and dimensions we live here on earth. Not wonder God said in his Word, that his thoughts are not like our thoughts. Of course they are not, and I am so happy that we can know the thoughts of God, as recorded in his Word, which are perfect, and without anything less than purity, holiness and perfection.

When you read the Bible, Old Testament or New, you can see so many times, when God was doing something, and it did not make sense to the people around, watching the miraculous from God. One such example is just before Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave, when one of the sisters of Lazarus, went to Jesus, and told him that Lazarus has been already in the grave for a few days. But Jesus told her, that if she believes, she will see the glory of God.

Jesus wants the same from us today, to just believe, and not rationalise what he is doing. We can not understand many things about God and what he is doing, so we will be losing our time and effort, to try to do so.

Think about the situation with Jesus and his disciples, after the resurrection of Jesus from the grave. He appeared to them, and told them to put their nets, on the right side of the boat, in order to catch fish, as recorded in the Gospel of John 21:6. Now, Peter and John, and some of the other disciples of Jesus, were professional fishermen, who tried to catch fish, whole night, and they did not catch any. And here is Jesus, telling them in the morning, to put their nets on the right side of the boat. I can imagine Apostle Peter scratching his head thinking, 'Why does Jesus asks us to put the net on the right side of the boat? What does it matter, if we put the net on the left side of the boat or on the right? Is that what makes one to catch fish? Why on the right side? It does not make sense!' But yet, they did as Jesus told them to do, and they had a miracle in their boat, having nets full with fish.

So, what matters is that, when God gives you any instructions, even if they do not make sense, do not question them, or try to explain them, because most of the time, you will not be able to. Instead, simply believe, with faith, and do what he tells you to do. That is the fist step, of seeing a miracle from God.

MORE: God Delights in Us Jeremiah 3:19

Learning to fully trust our Lord. Easier said than done when He instructs to step out in blind faith and little to nothing else. "Catch me Father."

All...the...time o_o

It is true, many things God tells us do not make sense, at least not at the time.

God: "Quite your job."

Us: "But why? We'll lose our income, our benefits, etc."

God: "Trust me."

Or something like this...

God: "Move back to your hometown."

Us: "But we worked so hard to leave there! To start a newer, better life here!"

God: "Trust me."

...we've lived the reality of Jonah's story pretty much...besides being thrown off a ship or swallowed by a giant fish. We tried running from where we're supposed to be so many times. God made sure we were miserable each...and...every...time...T_T

Great post!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back