Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Even The Small Things Count

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Here's a praise the Lord Testimony I can share with you Brothers & Sisters. So I start to leave today for an errand and the truck dies as soon as it starts. I ran out of gas in my driveway. Worse, I just used the gas in the can for the lawn mower. I'll have to walk 2 miles round trip to gas up my truck. Happy Wednesday to me.

So I get the gas can and start walking and thinking about how nice it would be to be able to catch a ride. :) You see, I remember, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...a guy used to be able to hitch a ride and they would be normal people. Normal people do not pick up hitch hikers anymore because it's too dangerous. Nevertheless I stuck my thumb out and waved the gas can a little, and...vroom they all drive by, no one even looked at me I think. And it was then that I knew I was going to be walking the whole way.

I turned away from the traffic and began walking...and sent up a little prayer, Lord I don't want to walk this let someone give me a ride. I contiue to wak and hear traffic getting close to me again. 3 or 4 more cars drive right by. Well at least it's a nice morning and the son is shining. And I hear more cars coming and somehow even though I know I wont get a ride, to turn around and stick out my thumb anyway. So I did and the very first car pulls right over for me! Praise the Lord.

I know, I know. You guys are gonna doubt that God helped me out. That isn't any kind of proof. Just a nice coincidence, right? Yeah, well when I get in the mans car and we start driving I say thanks for giving me a ride...and he says, I havent given anyone a ride in a long time. I don't give people rides, but this is really strange because I seen you walking and I intended to drive on but then something came over me and I knew that I had to stop and give you a lift. Really werid...and looks at me.

So I told him, lol! I said, you know what happened? I was walking and praying to the Lord for a ride! It seems such a small thing, needing a short ride. But you have not if ye ask not and we are to pray without ceasing so I generally ask for help quite a bit from the Lord. Even with small things.

That was the confirmation then. When that guy who don't give rides had 'something come over him' and tell him to stop. The Holy Spirit would do this for me? That I not walk?! Wow! Praise the Lord Indeed!!! :yes

People call these events graces from the Lord and perhaps in a sense, but it was such a small thing that maybe not? I thought it to be graces from the Lord when He did a big thing for me like save my life when I rolled my work truck 3 times. This might be a small favor instead. Such a small thing. :)

You have a very strong faith Edward. We are told to believe it will happen when we ask for something from The Lord.
I agree with you even the little things. Gid is interested in all our needs great and small.
Thanks fit sharing, it is encouraging.
God Bless you and Praise to our wonderful Lotd.

Here's a praise the Lord Testimony I can share with you Brothers & Sisters. So I start to leave today for an errand and the truck dies as soon as it starts. I ran out of gas in my driveway. Worse, I just used the gas in the can for the lawn mower. I'll have to walk 2 miles round trip to gas up my truck. Happy Wednesday to me.

So I get the gas can and start walking and thinking about how nice it would be to be able to catch a ride. :) You see, I remember, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...a guy used to be able to hitch a ride and they would be normal people. Normal people do not pick up hitch hikers anymore because it's too dangerous. Nevertheless I stuck my thumb out and waved the gas can a little, and...vroom they all drive by, no one even looked at me I think. And it was then that I knew I was going to be walking the whole way.

I turned away from the traffic and began walking...and sent up a little prayer, Lord I don't want to walk this let someone give me a ride. I contiue to wak and hear traffic getting close to me again. 3 or 4 more cars drive right by. Well at least it's a nice morning and the son is shining. And I hear more cars coming and somehow even though I know I wont get a ride, to turn around and stick out my thumb anyway. So I did and the very first car pulls right over for me! Praise the Lord.

I know, I know. You guys are gonna doubt that God helped me out. That isn't any kind of proof. Just a nice coincidence, right? Yeah, well when I get in the mans car and we start driving I say thanks for giving me a ride...and he says, I havent given anyone a ride in a long time. I don't give people rides, but this is really strange because I seen you walking and I intended to drive on but then something came over me and I knew that I had to stop and give you a lift. Really werid...and looks at me.

So I told him, lol! I said, you know what happened? I was walking and praying to the Lord for a ride! It seems such a small thing, needing a short ride. But you have not if ye ask not and we are to pray without ceasing so I generally ask for help quite a bit from the Lord. Even with small things.

That was the confirmation then. When that guy who don't give rides had 'something come over him' and tell him to stop. The Holy Spirit would do this for me? That I not walk?! Wow! Praise the Lord Indeed!!! :yes

People call these events graces from the Lord and perhaps in a sense, but it was such a small thing that maybe not? I thought it to be graces from the Lord when He did a big thing for me like save my life when I rolled my work truck 3 times. This might be a small favor instead. Such a small thing. :)
wow - amazing - praise God

You have a very strong faith Edward. We are told to believe it will happen when we ask for something from The Lord.
I agree with you even the little things. Gid is interested in all our needs great and small.
Thanks fit sharing, it is encouraging.
God Bless you and Praise to our wonderful Lotd.

I've been thinking about it some and I think that even though my carnal mind was telling me that No one will give me a ride, on some level I knew that it could happen because the Lord has done things for me before. (A lot actually!) and I know one thing real good...you have not because you ask not. . So I said the words and asked. So my carnal mind (Soul) was in agreement at least a wee bit with my spirit . So it manifested.

We all have the measure of faith, right? And it only takes as much as a grain of mustard seed. That's not much. But there can't be unbelief. (Lord help my unbelief).

Scripture says Jesus couldn't perform many miracles in some town because of their unbelief. I guess my carnal mind has seen enough supernatural things to be persuaded on some level. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back