Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Evil Entity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

tentex25

Something that has always bothered me is preachers or "holy men" from every religion claim an evil entitiy has "blinded" all other religions and that is an excuse for why there are other religions. Ok, but why is Christianity the one true religion where the devil "blinds" all but Christians. Does anyone understand what I am saying?

I reckon it is all part of God locking up ALL in disobedience so that he can show mercy to all.

God is not ready to reveal his Mystery to men yet, we only get minor glimpes of his Glory.

Our God is the God of all peoples, and he has chosen to do things his way, he does say to us in scripture that his ways are not our ways..... so we will never understand his ways, the best we as Christians can do is as Paul says, but we have the mind of Christ.

Grace and Peace to you

Yes I understand what you are saying. It is the same reason that Jesus spoke in parables. While many physically hear the words spoken, not everyone is given understanding.

tentex25 said:
Something that has always bothered me is preachers or "holy men" from every religion claim an evil entitiy has "blinded" all other religions and that is an excuse for why there are other religions. Ok, but why is Christianity the one true religion where the devil "blinds" all but Christians. Does anyone understand what I am saying?
How can the devil blindeth the believers whose Pastor and Teacher in their life is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself? All that the devil can do with those whose trust and confidence is in the Lord God Jesus Christ himself is nothing but to persecute and tempt them. That is Christianity in all ages - Jesus Christ being the Good Pastor and Teacher of His flocks in all ages and the devil tempting and persecuting the true believers..

Scorpia wrote: How can the devil blindeth the believers whose Pastor and Teacher in their life is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself? All that the devil can do with those whose trust and confidence is in the Lord God Jesus Christ himself is nothing but to persecute and tempt them. That is Christianity in all ages - Jesus Christ being the Good Pastor and Teacher of His flocks in all ages and the devil tempting and persecuting the true believers..
[/S]

Look at how the devil deceived Eve in the garden. Adam and Eve had God as their teacher and pastor, yet they were able to believe a lie. That was before they had any knowledge of good and evil.

Satan was successful in convincing Eve that God had lied to them.

Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God told Moses to be wary of being deceived:

Deuteronomy 11:16
Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

Jesus even warned his followers and everyone who would read his words in Matthew 24:5 :

“For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.â€Â

As many Christians do, you have not understood tentex25's post. You really need to be a little more open-minded. I will rephrase it; everybody already expects heresy from me. :tongue

Religions, from Islam to Christianity, claim there is a Devil, who blindith the world, and creates all the other "false" religions. Now, if all of these religions are saying the other is, "of the Devil," what makes the one you believe so special?

Gendou Ikari said:
As many Christians do, you have not understood tentex25's post. You really need to be a little more open-minded. I will rephrase it; everybody already expects heresy from me. :tongue

Religions, from Islam to Christianity, claim there is a Devil, who blindith the world, and creates all the other "false" religions. Now, if all of these religions are saying the other is, "of the Devil," what makes the one you believe so special?
The answer is in the answer of the question, "Who is Jesus Christ?"

And in the questions: Who is Muhammad? Who is Buddha? Who is Lao-Tsu? Who is Zoroaster?

Gendou Ikari said:
And in the questions: Who is Muhammad? Who is Buddha? Who is Lao-Tsu? Who is Zoroaster?

Those are teachers and prophets, Jesus is Lord.

Gendou Ikari said:

Jesus is the way, the truth, the life, and no man comes to the Father except through him. Jesus is resurrected and ascended into heaven, while Mohammad, Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama), Lao Tzu (Li Erh), and
Zoroaster (Zarathustra) are all dead in the grave waiting for the first or second resurrection. Jesus on the other hand is alive now and forever more, and will judge the works of Mohammad, Buddha, Lao Tzu, and Zoroaster.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

...Says the Bible. Just like the Koran says, "Allah is Supreme." Buddhists claim Buddha is transcendent. Lao Tzu believed in the Eternal Tao. Zoroast proclaimed the Omnipotent Ahura Mazda.

See why I find Religion confusing. :tongue

Gendou Ikari said:

...Says the Bible. Just like the Koran says, "Allah is Supreme." Buddhists claim Buddha is transcendent. Lao Tzu believed in the Eternal Tao. Zoroast proclaimed the Omnipotent Ahura Mazda.

Do any of these claim to be resurrected?
Do any of these claim to be the judge of all at the judgement?
Do any of these claim to be the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one can come to the Father, God except through them?

Jesus is either who he said he was, or he is a liar.

Gendou Ikari said:

Only Jesus claimed to be more than a man, and that sets him apart from the other people you named..

Allah is God, Ahura Mazda is God. Buddhism has no God. Taoism has no God. Richard Dawkins has no God. So, you shouldn't be confused, God is God.

What's the difference between Jesus and Muhammad? Buddha? Lao-Tsu? Zoroaster?

Go to each of their tombs and tell me which one is empty?

Do any of these claim to be resurrected?
Do any of these claim to be the judge of all at the judgement?
Do any of these claim to be the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one can come to the Father, God except through them?

Jesus is either who he said he was, or he is a liar.

What about Horus?

Horus was born of a virgin.
Horus' birth announced by Angels.
Horus is baptised by Anup the Baptiser, who gets his head chopped off.
Horus is taken to a High Mountain by the Dark God/Devil Set to be tempted.
Horus does not fall into temptation.
Horus is transfigured on a mountain.
Horus is crucified and resurrects after three days.
Horus will reign for a Millennium.

Gendou Ikari said:
What about Horus?

The Egyptian gods were aliens, called Goa'uld, who posed as gods so they could use humans as slaves. Horis was son of Osiris and Isis, a created being, not the creator of the universe. Horis was just a guy (who looked like a snake, but lived parasitically in people, and liked to wear bird-head helmets). He might have beat death once (about 3 days using a technical device called a sarcophagus would have done the trick), but he's not God nor the son of God nor an agent of salvation. His fake religion is defunct, after the Goa'uld were cut off from Earth when a gate they used to travel to Earth was buried.

There were some rumors that Horus was his own daddy, but even his own daddy was just someone else's baby.

You should not be confused, there is only one God, even if he has different names, and even though there are many prophets, teachers, and aliens.

The Egyptian gods were aliens, called Goa'uld, who posed as gods so they could use humans as slaves. Horis was son of Osiris and Isis, a created being, not the creator of the universe. Horis was just a guy (who looked like a snake, but lived parasitically in people, and liked to wear bird-head helmets). He might have beat death once (about 3 days using a technical device called a sarcophagus would have done the trick), but he's not God nor the son of God nor an agent of salvation. His fake religion is defunct, after the Goa'uld were cut off from Earth when a gate they used to travel to Earth was buried.

There were some rumors that Horus was his own daddy, but even his own daddy was just someone else's baby.

You should not be confused, there is only one God, even if he has different names, and even though there are many prophets, teachers, and aliens.

Isn't that just from Stargate. :tongue

There were some rumors that Horus was his own daddy

Christians should have no problem with that part

Really? It is an interesting idea. If all of this about Horus is true, it means there is an earlier version of Jesus Christ.

A great many Christians believe Jesus Christ's message of, "love your neighbor as yourself" was revolutionary. But from what I know, the earliest religious text containing this moral code is the Tao Te Ching. Truly the Taoists do have interesting philosophical ideas. :-D

Gendou Ikari said:
Really? It is an interesting idea. If all of this about Horus is true, it means there is an earlier version of Jesus Christ.

A great many Christians believe Jesus Christ's message of, "love your neighbor as yourself" was revolutionary. But from what I know, the earliest religious text containing this moral code is the Tao Te Ching. Truly the Taoists do have interesting philosophical ideas. :-D

I mean Christians should have no problem believing in a God who is his own Father (and his own Son for that matter) :roll:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back