Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolution and Species

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

serephiale

I do believe a common thread I've seen running through many arguments against evolution here is that since humans and apes cannot interbreed, they are not the same species. Since they are not the same species, the one could not have been descended from the other. Obviously, a gorilla and a human are not the same species. I don't think evolution claims that humans evolved from apes to begin with. However, let's pretend that part of the evolution of humans says humans evolved from apes for a second. Now let's look at the afforementioned claim. Such a claim would seem to deny even microevolution. We have, time and time again, seen microevolution working in a lab and in nature. In microevolution, I would have to agree that a fly remains a fly and a fish a fish. However, an entirely new species of a creature is formed, and scientists most clearly observed it evolve from the old one. Yet the claim that 'since they are not the same species, the one cannot be descended from the other' would seem to refute this observation.

I've never heard of the "since they're not the same species they can not be descended from such and such". Or at least I don't remember seeing it.

I don't think I have heard that either.

I believe that evolution didn't take place because of the Bible.

The Bible says that God created Adam from the ground and breathed the breath of life into him and then took Eve from his side.

There is no way that evolution took place because of the text.

A quite amusing fact is that inreality all human infants develop as females first, then begin to subsitute in male genitalia and a balance of typically male hormones in a later period of gestation....making females the original sex.

Thats right, all you boys began as girls at one point...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back