Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Faith" and Old Testament Sacrifices

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
O

ourfamily1

Faith in Old Testament Sacrifices

Moses went upon Mount Sinai and there God spoke to him. He talked with Moses about establishing a Tent (temple) and an order of an earthly priesthood patterned after the Heavenly Priesthood. He said the following to Moses:

Exodus 25:40. And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.

Moses did as commanded and instructed Aaron in the order of the earthly priesthood. I have selected four of many texts that contain part of the instructions God gave to Moses. There is a recurrent inclusion in the various animal sacrifices that were burnt upon the brazen altar. In addition to various flesh parts and organs, God required THE FAT repeatedly … and they could not exclude it! Look at the four texts that follow.

Exodus 29:12. And thou shalt take of the blood of the bullock, and put it upon the horns of the altar with thy finger, and pour all the blood beside the bottom of the altar.13. And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul that is above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and burn them upon the altar. 22. Also thou shalt take of the ram the fat and the rump, and the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right shoulder; for it is a ram of consecration:

Leviticus 3:3. And he shall offer of the sacrifice of the peace offering an offering made by fire unto the Lord; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards, 4. And the two kidneys, and the fat that is on them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away. 5. And Aaron's sons shall burn it on the altar upon the burnt sacrifice, which is upon the wood that is on the fire: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the Lord.

Leviticus 4:29. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering. 30. And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar. 31. And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the Lord; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

Leviticus 9:18. He slew also the bullock and the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings, which was for the people: and Aaron's sons presented unto him the blood, which he sprinkled upon the altar round about, 19. And the fat of the bullock and of the ram, the rump, and that which covereth the inwards, and the kidneys, and the caul above the liver: 20. And they put the fat upon the breasts, and he burnt the fat upon the altar:

What is so GREAT about the fat? Fat in humans can present a health threat and obesity leads to several health disorders. Among them are metabolic disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and it is a contributing factor in arteriosclerosis. Too much fat in humans is medically dangerous. But what God is talking about are animal sacrifices of certain clean animals used in the pattern of the priesthood on earth.

What do we know about FAT in animal species? Some animals fatten up in times of plenty especially before the approach of winter and sparse food provisions. Some animals sleep in the winter season and they live off their fat reserves. Buffalo on the plains try to fatten up as much as they can to help preserve them from the cold and to sustain them when food is scarce I the harsh winter. In animals FAT is a positive resource. The body takes extra calories and converts them into body fat as a source of energy. Why am I giving you this background information? It is because I always wondered why God was so insistent about including FAT in those Old Testament sacrifices. I got the answer today as I was trying to sleep. Here is what I heard and saw in my head.

THE FAT represents FAiTHE or “faithâ€Â.

Every sacrifice must be accompanied by FAITH in those performing the act as well as those making the sacrifice. This is how God physically and quantitatively included FAT as the analogy for REQUIRED FAITH.

What is “faithâ€Â? It is a belief in something as a result of trust. We trust God and believe Him even though we cannot prove He exists or that His words are true! It is written that “faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for and the EVIDENCE of things not seenâ€Â! So now the Old Testament priesthood makes more sense to me. We know Jesus is the Word of God symbolized as a Lamb. The Archangel Phanuel is God’s calf among the Four Archangels. Phanuel is a teacher and in Heaven he is the “master of ceremonies†when they serve the “fatted calf†in the parable of the prodigal son. All clean animals symbolize WORDS. We are to take the Words and advice of spiritual men and offer those back to God. Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Enoch and Paul left us their “flesh†in word-form. We call them today THE SCRIPTURES that contain God’s TRUTH. This is what must become a part of us. They say, “You are what you eatâ€Â. So present yourself as a living sacrifice unto God, make sure that the Word of God becomes you. What comes out of you must be TRUTH! You behave and conduct yourself as a lamb of God, preferably a FAT lamb at that. It is those fat ones that have great reserves of FAITH. What is written of FAITHFUL Abraham? “Abraham believed God and it was counted unt him for righteousnessâ€Â! Blessed are all children who have THE FAT God requires!

John,
ourfamily1 :biggrin

Back