Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fav TV show

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jgredline

So besides spending time on this forum, what TV shows or stations do you view. What are some of your favs ??

Well if I'm not here on the forum, or at work, or being a daddy. I'm usually at the gym. I box, I been a boxer for close to 10yrs. Every other Saturday night I'm in the ring fighting someone. This Saturday night will be my 63rd bout in 10 years. I don't watch much tv. If I had to choose... The evening news lol well I have it on TBN Monday nights because I like Joel Osteen and Jack Van Impe.

I am a Trekkie. But I read a lot more than I watch TV.

I rarely watch tv. Most of my time is spent in class, at work, or with my fraternity brothers and sorority sisters (no, not the typical "frat" where all we do is drink and get drunk, I have already completed 36 hours of community service this semester, and my group has a whole has done 500+ hours (we have 13 actives and 7 pledges atm).

When I do watch tv, it is either the Daily show, Colbert report, Simpsons, family guy, futurama, or robot-chicken.

I like comedy, what can I say?

I pretty much like the same shows as Peace4All. I have been trying to watch "Heroes" but I am 3 episodes behind now.

Shows the actual question - in the plural & inc fav stations - differs from the title, which put me off on Fri, as I tend to sample a wide variety for inspiration & wanted to think before replying 8-)

Been praying for some time about the right time & place to share that, quite often, I can be watching a really good film or music show, then suddenly feel, 'as good as this is, I just gotta check out Christian TV for something even better!' :multi:

Same with music: as an ex-pro entertainer, I always tried to appreciate & do the best of all styles, & have shared with many that there's just such great, incomparable extra dimensions in singing to & for the Lord, yes? :tongue

Back to link thread that links 11 Christian TV stations & the URL's of many of the best folk on 'em.. :biggrin

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24248

Btw, I recall sharing there, not long ago, that both Dove & Gospel TV had gone, so praise God that Gospel is back, & a new station (Word of Life?) :angel:

God bless!

Ian :-D

peace4all said:
When I do watch tv, it is either the Daily show, Colbert report, Simpsons, family guy, futurama, or robot-chicken.

I like comedy, what can I say?

Ditto! Except for Robot-Chicken, I don't think I've ever watched that one. But the rest are great! I'm also a big CSI fan.

I have too many favorites to mention. I love Sci Fi, CSI episodes, Law and Order and many others. Unfortunately, the profanity on all of them is a turn off, and they're not as enjoyable as they would be without it. "Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcefully." I read that somewhere and liked it, and I agree wholeheartedly with it.

My favorite TV stations are the History Chanel,
The learning Chanel and Speed TV

My favorite TV shows are all the CSI
ALL the Law and Order

I also enjoy spanish news as they will say it the way it is.

Aside from that, I would rather be on the Internet or reading my bible.

Oh yea, I also Love MTV :-D NOT

The History Channel...hands down. Everything from Hitler to hotdogs. :-D

christian programs,the History ch. , the Animal ch.Than there is the Fox news ch. my husband watches.I may like some things on tv but I do not watch it but very little.I like my bible and christian forums.

My favorite shows are CSI, and THE UNIT.

I love ESPN and Fox Sports

I can't stand TBN. I have it blocked on my TV

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back