Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Finding a home church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

TonyChanYT

Church hopping is not the norm. We should have a local church that we call home where Christians can have fellowship, be accountable to one another, and love one another. Make friends and get involved with the church programs. Ask not what your church can do for you – ask what you can do for your church.

I prefer a church that is diverse, multicultural, international, and growing. The leadership should be exemplary, Scriptural, and scholarly. An example is Grace Toronto Church. Check out its bulletin this week. While you are listening to the sermon live, you can text your questions to the pastor. And he would answer these questions from the congregation at the end of his sermon.

They don't pass the offering plate. Instead, tithing and donation are done online. Also, every now and then, they hold what they call town hall meetings where they show the church's financial statement, etc. Members and non-members can attend these meetings.

For me, the denomination is not a factor. I don't mind attending any denominational church. I would join a church where I think I can be helpful and contribute toward the expansion of the church. Ask not what your church can do for you—ask what you can do for your church.

See also Do Christians have to attend church?.

Back